2019 - 2020 Dallas Mavericks: Eastern Bloc > Western Conference

CBT

So are we officially hitting the panic button here? All signs pointed to him playing tonight and he’s a last minute scratch? That’s concerning at the very least. 

Naw still early. I think it’s just being overly cautious.

5 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

So uhhhh...KP listed as out tonight again after being listed as probable starter yesterday. Game 10. 

I'm worried but I was worried when we made the trade. Big men who have that type of injury always is at risk going forward.

Reading the Mavs reddit page, there are a few things I read that could help explain it. One, they didn't manage his minutes enough and he played way too minutes right away. That they could have eased back better than they did. Another thing was that he was put too much stress on his other knee to compensate for the other knee he injured in NY. And it will take him time to trust his knee to put equal balance and weight on his lower body.

I don't think you can just scoff at it and pass it off as the Mavs just only being cautious. We have seen this all the time in all sports. What appears to be just something minor at first turns into something more serious. That would not be good at all if he has did some serious damage to his other knee.

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

I'm worried but I was worried when we made the trade. Big men who have that type of injury always is at risk going forward.

Reading the Mavs reddit page, there are a few things I read that could help explain it. One, they didn't manage his minutes enough and he played way too minutes right away. That they could have eased back better than they did. Another thing was that he was put too much stress on his other knee to compensate for the other knee he injured in NY. And it will take him time to trust his knee to put equal balance and weight on his lower body.

I don't think you can just scoff at it and pass it off as the Mavs just only being cautious. We have seen this all the time in all sports. What appears to be just something minor at first turns into something more serious. That would not be good at all if he has did some serious damage to his other knee.

If he had serious damage he wouldn’t have been cleared for full contact practice.  This is an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure.  It sucks, as I would love for this team to rip off 9/10 and compete for home court advantage in round 1, but being healthy in April is what matters.  If that means we lose home court. So be it.  We’re better on the road anyway.  

Honestly Powell and Maxi have been crushing it as of late so I don’t have a problem with giving KP more rest. Sure he can do things the others can’t but arguably DP is Luka’s best fit offensively for the two man game and Maxi is a better overall defender out of the 3.

Boban has been putting up some filthy numbers too in his limited minutes. Going up against Whiteside tonight I bet he goes 10/10 in 14 minutes.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BallamaticBevo said:

Honestly Powell and Maxi have been crushing it as of late so I don’t have a problem with giving KP more rest. Sure he can do things the others can’t but arguably DP is Luka’s best fit offensively for the two man game and Maxi is a better overall defender out of the 3.

Boban has been putting up some filthy numbers too in his limited minutes. Going up against Whiteside tonight I bet he goes 10/10 in 14 minutes.

The issue, for me, is not KP needing to rest. He is about to miss his 10th game so rest is not an issue. If the injury is not better after missing 10 games, it seems to me the injury is more severe than we are being led to believe. 

9 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Yeah 0-6 to start the game and still got 29 with 4 minutes to go. 

make that a 38 point quarter after starting 0-6. 

but with nothing resembling a rim protector and nobody as quick as lillard they are hemorrhaging points in the paint. 

Defense is the concern for this team

Just now, immortal13 said:

Somebody needs to step up as a defensive leader on this team. I wish we had a Beverly or Draymond type guy. I don't see much toughness on defense. This season has just been a Luka dazzling offensive show, but I don't think this is a championship  competing level team...yet.

So true. I always think of Tyson Chandler and how he seemed to be the missing link for the championship team. Missing a piece like that on this team for sure.

14 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Somebody needs to step up as a defensive leader on this team. I wish we had a Beverly or Draymond type guy. I don't see much toughness on defense. This season has just been a Luka dazzling offensive show, but I don't think this is a championship  competing level team...yet.

Porzingis at least helps with rim defense some.  Probably wouldn’t be giving up 20 layups tonight. 

why is a block out of bounds a jump ball after a challenge reversal?