2019 - 2020 Dallas Mavericks: Eastern Bloc > Western Conference

CBT

Hopefully Carlisle can light a fire under his ass. He has been pretty disappointing in the league so far, given his ability. That said his career avg ppg is almost 10 with 6.5 boards in 24 min, so he is definitely better than nothing. I'm hoping the Mavs can add a wing that plays good defense before the deadline.

Good pickup for the Mavs who needed an interior defender. Gets KP back to the 4 spot. I think WCS will do well with all the talent around him in Dallas.  

His appearance doesn’t match his temperament but he has the ability to play strong D.   Hope it works out for all involved. Nice move. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, immortal13 said:

Hopefully Carlisle can light a fire under his ass. He has been pretty disappointing in the league so far, given his ability. That said his career avg ppg is almost 10 with 6.5 boards in 24 min, so he is definitely better than nothing. I'm hoping the Mavs can add a wing that plays good defense before the deadline.

Yep that's still the need, and Shams says that, and a cheap Big is what they were looking to do before the Trade Deadline.  1 is checked off.

Besides they pretty  much kept ALL the assets we think they have for a decent move.  The GSW 2nd rounder.  Lee's expiring contract.  And the rest of Barnes Trade Exception.  The combination of those should net us at least a rotational Wing that can pair with DFS to defend the wings.

17 hours ago, Post Oak said:

He's was someone I had thought about during FA.  Hopefully he can keep his head down and doesn't get all Nerlens-y

My concern as well. How long before he his in Rick's dog house?

WCS is coming into a great team atmosphere, great coach, great staff. If he can’t fit in, it’s his loss. And dallas hasn’t given up much for the risk. I think he will realize playing with Luka etc will only help him with his next contract.

12 hours ago, anacardo said:

Looks like a great rotation piece for sick value tbh.   Super cheap too?  Not sure what the Woyas were thinking.  

From what I read, they are dumping salary to get close to or under the cap. Their fans think Dallas fleeced them. I would say that is a solid win for the Mavs. 

• Like 1