2019 - 2020 Dallas Mavericks: Eastern Bloc > Western Conference

CBT

Kleber was shit as well.

Doncic was getting hacked all night.  I wonder if that's somewhat of a strategy that other coaches have picked up on.  That is, be as physical as the refs will allow - especially off the ball.  He gets frustrated easily and spends quite a bit of time bitching at the refs.

Edited by Knoxtnhorn

Kleber was shit as well.
Doncic was getting hacked all night.  I wonder if that's somewhat of a strategy that other coaches have picked up on.  That is, be as physical as the refs will allow - especially off the ball.  He gets frustrated easily and spends quite a bit of time bitching at the refs.
Yep, he spent half of the timeouts bitching at the refs rather than go sit with his teammates. Even the wife said "Did he grow up playing soccer?".
You bitch throughout the game, the refs aren't going to call things your way at the end. f204e9922af8446365bff192e0384048.jpg9952fa520a8f4b053ce227a325a1f469.jpg

58 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Kleber was shit as well.

24 minutes ago, Both Tacos said:

Yep, he spent half of the timeouts bitching at the refs rather than go sit with his teammates. Even the wife said "Did he grow up playing soccer?".
You bitch throughout the game, the refs aren't going to call things your way at the end. f204e9922af8446365bff192e0384048.jpg9952fa520a8f4b053ce227a325a1f469.jpg

Duncan, Parker and Manu did that for years and got calls.  those 3 never committed a foul in an NBA game.  Doncic needs to tone it down some but Rick needs to pick it up IMO.  Doncic is getting dirk'd

• Like 1

Duncan, Parker and Manu did that for years and got calls.  those 3 never committed a foul in an NBA game.  Doncic needs to tone it down some but Rick needs to pick it up IMO.  Doncic is getting dirk'd
Those 3 you mentioned were all whiny babies, but they earned their stripes over time to get the calls. So will Doncic but he needs to just put in his time.
I thought Doncic was about to get a technical after he got popped in the mouth when he started saying "That's bullshit" to the refs. Luckily, JJ came over and pulled him away.

6 minutes ago, Both Tacos said:

Those 3 you mentioned were all whiny babies, but they earned their stripes over time to get the calls. So will Doncic but he needs to just put in his time.
I thought Doncic was about to get a technical after he got popped in the mouth when he started saying "That's bullshit" to the refs. Luckily, JJ came over and pulled him away.

eh, duncan and manu did it their entire careers.  Parker wasn't quite as bad.

3 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Kleber was shit as well.

I agree, it is starting to look like a strategy.

The guy is getting hit in the face too much without penalty to the offenders. He deserves to be irate.

Edited by pacman
  • Like 2

Why wouldn't teams hack the shit out of Luka and the rest of the Mavs? Even if the refs do call it, you have a terrible clutch free throw shooting team going to the line.

Besides FT shooting, the other main problem the Mavs have is that, outside of Luka, nobody can consistently create their own shot. The offense becomes so predictable.

7 hours ago, Flash said:

Why wouldn't teams hack the shit out of Luka and the rest of the Mavs? Even if the refs do call it, you have a terrible clutch free throw shooting team going to the line.

Besides FT shooting, the other main problem the Mavs have is that, outside of Luka, nobody can consistently create their own shot. The offense becomes so predictable.

Hack? Sure. Target the head? That's bullshit.

15 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Mavs stopped scoring about halfway through the third quarter.  Defense still trash though. 

the “best offense in the nba” sure gets outscored a bunch. 

Not only best in the NBA but best in the history lmao. I don't give a shit about metrics and numbers on paper. Best offense in the history of the NBA is not a bottom playoff team and un clutch as we are. This offense is nowhere near what we had in Dirk's heyday. Much less best ever in the entire league's existence.

Also, this is funny

88997088_10158648755102952_6674496202957

Just now, washparkhorn said:

So if they resume - do they just play their Division games with no crowds and then seed it by Division winners?  I have no idea.

I'm sure they are discussing. Lots of in and outs and what have yous.

Given we're going to have a shortage of shit to talk about here for a while, thought I'd indulge myself by posting (part of) a road trip report.

Went to the Mavs last road game of the season on Tuesday night in San Antonio- took the fam to spend a couple of days over the kids' spring break.  Long and short of it- yeah, the ATT Center is a dirty old barn, but I'm jealous of it.  It's a rivalry sure, but we're talking about a team that's going to miss the playoffs and that arena was louder than I've ever heard the AAC at a regular season game.  There's really no one there to "be seen" - they're there to cheer their asses off.  Which is weird considering all the titles they've won.  But our fans are the ones that act spoiled.  And everyone was super nice (all four of us were wearing Mavs gear), so I don't really have anything bad to say about the people either.  Sorry- don't neg me bros.  I'm still pissed about that second half.

Had a bomb ass torta (made to order) and they have a legit full size Whataburger restaurant in the concourse, so obviously the kids ate that.

Ran into this dude walking around downtown the morning before the game though- made the whole trip worth while.

spacer.png

• Like 4

Given we're going to have a shortage of shit to talk about here for a while, thought I'd indulge myself by posting (part of) a road trip report.
Went to the Mavs last road game of the season on Tuesday night in San Antonio- took the fam to spend a couple of days over the kids' spring break.  Long and short of it- yeah, the ATT Center is a dirty old barn, but I'm jealous of it.  It's a rivalry sure, but we're talking about a team that's going to miss the playoffs and that arena was louder than I've ever heard the AAC at a regular season game.  There's really no one there to "be seen" - they're there to cheer their asses off.  Which is weird considering all the titles they've won.  But our fans are the ones that act spoiled.  And everyone was super nice (all four of us were wearing Mavs gear), so I don't really have anything bad to say about the people either.  Sorry- don't neg me bros.  I'm still pissed about that second half.
Had a bomb ass torta (made to order) and they have a legit full size Whataburger restaurant in the concourse, so obviously the kids ate that.
Ran into this dude walking around downtown the morning before the game though- made the whole trip worth while.
a-a-carlisle.jpg

That's awesome. We did the same thing last year with my 3 oldest (8, 6, 5) for dirk's last game ever. Drive down from Austin, watched the Mavs, stayed on the Riverwalk, and let the kids play hooky the next day. Didn't see Rick Carlisle though.
  • Like 2

On 3/12/2020 at 11:29 AM, threesheets said:

spacer.png

wait, you're not black??

• Like 1