2019 - 2020 Dallas Mavericks: Eastern Bloc > Western Conference

CBT

Harden gets the most generous of foul calls I think I’ve ever seen. I just don’t get it.  I know I’m captain obvious. 

I think we’re just going to have to commit to outscoring them at this point. We have no answers on defense. Best bet is to get another quick foul on harden and get him out of there. 

85 points in the first half. Is that good? Harden and tucker being in some foul trouble gonna make this an interesting second half. Where tf did this Trey Burke come from? I’m back to full on bonertown for these mavs. They are a fun (but sometimes frustrating) team as any to root for.

Just now, TommyGufano said:

prevent the 3. In theory he's supposed to hit 2 or you don't fuck up the rebound on a miss.

just play defense and make him hit a tough 3. 3/9 on the night and hes 2 steps in front of half court. abandon paint and make them swing for a rushed shot or a tough contested one by Harden

Since game fucking one I’ve been consistent about 2 things.

They Mavs do NOT prevent offensive rebounds for the other team. They have lost 6-7 games solely on the fact that they could NOT box out and prevent the other team from getting offensive rebounds.

And FTs in the clutch. Luka has issues already with FTs. But when Curry can’t hit late FTs were fucked.

The defense doesn’t bother me. This is a young team and Luka isn’t a great defender. That doesn’t kill them.

It’s not being able to secure a rebound late and hit late FTs that really hurt.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I’m trying to remember that this is the beginning of our next run, but this is so frustrating to see them constantly choke away winnable games. This game should have been over with a couple minutes to go in regulation. This pretty much cements is as the 7th seed. Tough sledding against LAC. 

7 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

I’m trying to remember that this is the beginning of our next run, but this is so frustrating to see them constantly choke away winnable games. This game should have been over with a couple minutes to go in regulation. This pretty much cements is as the 7th seed. Tough sledding against LAC. 

Not locked into 7 and LAC aren't locked into 2. Might work out that way, but there's time for a lot of shuffling still

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, dbecks said:

That fucking sucked. Love Luka, but he’s gotta take it up a notch at the end of the game.

(Yes, the first meaningful game in forever, it’s not a fair assessment, I know.)

Helluva game, unlucky to not win there.

Yep end of game Luka was not great Luka

3 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

I wanted to break my TV. 

it's great to have sports back, isn't it?  :)

i guess i miss the hurt and anger when my teams disappoint me.  but the last 4 months weren't that bad, were they?

at least i got to celebrate Liverpool winning the EPL.  now it's back to the Mavs, Rangers, and Stars pissing me off.  maybe we'll get Longhorns and Cowboys football back to twist the knife even deeper.