2019 - 2020 Dallas Mavericks: Eastern Bloc > Western Conference

CBT

10 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

So this is the lineup we should be closing games out with?

Would be pretty fucking great if the lineup shuffling resulted in THJ/Seth finding their confidence/shots

Well one of them(Seth) should be coming off the bench.  I don't care who the other starter is(Kleber? Burke?) but it's clear that THJ and Seth can't seem to get into any rhythm with the other one as starters IMO.

I would like the Mavs to move up to 6th...but It'll just be our luck that the Clips will drop to 3rd and the Nuggets move up to 2nd in that case, lol.

• Hook 'Em 1

Utah does not want Houston in the first round. They are happier with 6th seed and a first round matchup with Denver. That's smart - in a no home court advantage playoffs. 

If the Clips truly want chaos, they allow Denver to take the 2nd seed - freeing them from playing the Mavs in the first round and giving them Utah as the first round opponent instead. Houston wants the 3rd seed for the same reasons. Dallas wants the 6th seed to avoid the Clips in the first round.

The seeding tourney has been fun. It is all about finding your preferred first round opponent and staying out of the Lakers bracket. 

26 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

So if such a scenario is still possible (I'm pretty sure it is), I'll be rooting for it to play out so that if LAC loses to OKC they drop to the 3-seed and if OKC loses to LAC, we leapfrog them out of the 7-seed.

Dallas and LAC can avoid each other in the first round also with: Dallas staying at 7 (resting players for the rest of the way) and LAC having a lot of phantom injuries. Win/Win for both teams. Dallas wants Denver; LAC wants the 3rd seed to play Utah, OKC or Houston rather than Dallas. 

The goal of a seeding tourney for a no-home-court-advantage playoff tourney is to pick your 1st round opponent and avoid buzzsaws in the second round. 

I think all the teams locked into the playoffs knew this coming in to the tourney. 

4 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Kind of evocative of a couple screw jobs from early in the year. Got porked on a wrong coach's challenge against Portland and then the Burke foul (which def was a foul) reminded me of the foul not called on Dwight Howard.

Fucking can find ways to lose games like we can

Instantly thought of that early LAL game. It's just crazy how the calls can get so bad in the last few minutes. Especially how inconsistent it is game to game. If Dame does what KP does, it is 100% a foul on Mavs

8 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Superstar treatment from the refs in this league has always been a problem but the treatment Dame got last night was absurd even by that standard.

He got 3 or 4 fouls called on 3’s and every one of them was questionable AF.  It’s almost like Zion got eliminated and the league decided Dame was the next best story.

Edited by conVINCEd

Lakers starters barely beat Denver's G-league bench players in the fourth quarter. (Denver and LAL tied at the end of 3 when Denver pulled its starters.)

Clips starters beat Denver's G-League bench players by 15 in the fourth quarter. (Denver led at the end of 3 before pulling the starters very early in the 4th.)

Dallas is very capable of beating the Clips. They just aren't hitting on all cylinders yet. Dallas can score a lot of points on LAC D. 

Go Mavs.