2019 - 2020 Dallas Mavericks: Eastern Bloc > Western Conference

CBT

6 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Yeah but Atlanta at 3 fucked up too. It was a weak draft and the only memorable players are shaping up to be Luka, Young and Ayton. We will see if Phoenix drafted Bowie or Hakeem. Probably in between and closer to Bowie. Sacramento drafting Bagley over Luka was really dumb. Atlanta parlayed rights time Luka for Young and what ended up being Cam Reddish. On draft day, a logical move. Atlanta couldn’t have known Luka was this good. 

Dirk is my favorite Dallas athlete ever. I love him. Comparisons between the two are really stupid at this point, but Luka is more talented and it’s not close. He just needs longevity and he’ll be a top 10 player of all time. 

JJJ is nice. And MPJ looks like he's going to be a dynamic scorer if he stays healthy. He's been a revelation. Much better shooter than I was led to believe in pre-draft discussions

• Hook 'Em 1

It's pretty fucking awesome we won a game going away with Luka on the bench the majority of the 2nd half.  Just an amazing job by the bench.  Of course, LAC's best players had pretty shitty games.  So we've yet to see a full game with Luka/KP on the floor with LAC playing their A game.  That's going to happen and should be fun.   Pat B being out could be a big deal in this series.  Interested to hear news on that injury.  Of course, I guess the same could be said for KP's knee.

3 hours ago, Post Oak said:

he's really skilled just lumbering.  

He can retire a maverick for all i care.  I love him

Yep.  I’m all in.  I’ve wanted him on our team for years.   Dude doesn’t play heavy minutes, but his minutes are heavy in the scorebook.   He has the 7th beat PER in the history of the league.  Dude just gets it done when he’s on the court, and his teammates feed off his positive energy.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Post Oak said:

Here's an article showing why Dallas is having so much success.

Carlisle is a wizard

https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2020/8/20/21378191/nba-playoffs-2020-dallas-mavericks-clippers-weak-links

It will be interesting to see if LAC commits KL and/or PG to guard Luka full time. I feel like that's going to be their best bad option but I still think the Mavs will screen out of those matchups. And even if that strategy slows Luka down, you've worn out your best offensive players and the Mavs still have other options capable of beating you. I think the balance of this series rests on THJ and Seth. 

23 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

It will be interesting to see if LAC commits KL and/or PG to guard Luka full time. I feel like that's going to be their best bad option but I still think the Mavs will screen out of those matchups. And even if that strategy slows Luka down, you've worn out your best offensive players and the Mavs still have other options capable of beating you. I think the balance of this series rests on THJ and Seth. 

I agree with all that.  There are no good answers for LAC.  I still think they'll win but they'll be bloodied.

So we just going to let THJ Chuck us out of the game? Dude has been terrible and is taking every shot for us. 

Who the hell you want taking shots? Wright? Kleber? DFS? With luka out (injury or breather) you’re down to curry THJ and KP with an occasional Burke flash