2019 - 2020 Dallas Mavericks: Eastern Bloc > Western Conference

CBT

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

game over.  porzingis' ass better be ready to go 82 next year or we might as well move on.  Doncic cant do it all by himself.  THJ is not consistent at all and Kleber is meh.

82 huh.  That's funny.  If he he's 100% all year he wouldn't play 82, nor should he. 

In addition to those two 1sts, if they'd never played for us and we signed (a healthy) Powell and Brunson this offseason,  I'd be pretty stoked. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, threesheets said:

82 huh.  That's funny.  If he he's 100% all year he wouldn't play 82, nor should he. 

In addition to those two 1sts, if they'd never played for us and we signed (a healthy) Powell and Brunson this offseason,  I'd be pretty stoked. 

I realize they don't play 82.  It was just meaning a full season. 

Luka finished this season shooting 46% from the field, 32% from 3, and 76% from the FT line. In the playoffs he shot 50% from the field, 36% from 3, and 66% from the FT line. Watching his post game comments, I can almost guarantee you the taste of this playoff loss is gonna fuel him to another great leap in productivity next season. Hopefully he gets his 3pt% up into the mid 30s next year and clips over 80% from the FT line while maintaining his other stats. Given the leap he made this past season I look forward to an MVP caliber season next year.

26 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Luka finished this season shooting 46% from the field, 32% from 3, and 76% from the FT line. In the playoffs he shot 50% from the field, 36% from 3, and 66% from the FT line. Watching his post game comments, I can almost guarantee you the taste of this playoff loss is gonna fuel him to another great leap in productivity next season. Hopefully he gets his 3pt% up into the mid 30s next year and clips over 80% from the FT line while maintaining his other stats. Given the leap he made this past season I look forward to an MVP caliber season next year.

Morris and the Clippers tried to "Kukoc" him.  Good news is he's too tough for that.  not having Porzingis is a killer.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, threesheets said:

That's where I'm at too.  Don't do anything stupid and ruin cap space for 21/22.  If you can make a smart trade, add a couple of league minimum vets that want a chance to win, great.  They definitely need a goon, and a rebounder and good wing defender...maybe they get those in the draft(if they can find a 3 and D version of Brunson with that 31st pick it would be amazing).

20 hours ago, CBT said:

Fuck yeah.  Title or bust(even if it's not realistic yet). Love Luka.

17 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Yep, hope he takes the Dirk route of getting better at at least 1 thing every offseason for the first 10-12 years of his career.

Fix that 3 pt shot(really he NEVER takes catch and shoot 3's...he takes those dribbling and step back 3's that are not as efficient) OR fix that FT shot.  Either one makes him that much more deadly.

looks like Luka shot 80% FT w/ real madrid for his career.  Last 2 seasons

- 16-17 = 79%, 17-18 = 77%

He was ~6% better in the tourneys vs league (83 vs 77).  He did the opposite in the NBA playoffs (66% in round 1 vs 74% career).  so Euro vs NBA he has dropped 6% on FT.

YoY he improved his FT % by 4.5% from his rookie season.  He averages 2.2 missed FTs per game on 9.2 attempts.  so no reason to think he can't get to 78% next season w/o really trying. 

His 3-pt % actually went down YoY by 1% (31.6% this year) . Playoffs it increased to 36.4%

2-pt FG YoY increase was + 3.6% (46.3%).  Playoffs it increased to 50%

so everything about this says clutch except the FTs.  go figure.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Drew said:

That's where I'm at too.  Don't do anything stupid and ruin cap space for 21/22.  If you can make a smart trade, add a couple of league minimum vets that want a chance to win, great.  They definitely need a goon, and a rebounder and good wing defender...maybe they get those in the draft(if they can find a 3 and D version of Brunson with that 31st pick it would be amazing).

Fuck yeah.  Title or bust(even if it's not realistic yet). Love Luka.

Yep, hope he takes the Dirk route of getting better at at least 1 thing every offseason for the first 10-12 years of his career.

Fix that 3 pt shot(really he NEVER takes catch and shoot 3's...he takes those dribbling and step back 3's that are not as efficient) OR fix that FT shot.  Either one makes him that much more deadly.

True but he still needs to get it up to a season long percentage comparable to what he shot for the playoffs (36% as opposed to 32%). Plain and simple he needs to become a more dead eye shooter. Doing that makes him even more devastating with his dribble drive and passing ability.  

12 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

Luka has one of the highest, if not the highest, usage rates in the league. Catch and shoot threes are never going to be his game.

yeah, there would have to be 4-5 passes in the possession for him to get the ball back in a catch and shoot position.  which sometimes happen, but not often.  he creates the catch and shoot opportunities for everyone else.

On 8/30/2020 at 4:20 PM, futureman said:

this team needs a goon. 

Absolutely, don't understand how Doncic gets hammered like that and nobody moves on Morris.

I don't know how the league continues to ignore a clear target on Doncic's back.

Edited by pacman

15 minutes ago, pacman said:

Absolutely, don't understand how Doncic gets hammered like that and nobody moves on Morris.

I don't know how the league continues to ignore a clear target on Doncic's back.

I agree it's bullshit. Similar to how Jordan use to get mugged by the Pistons. Lukas only gonna get better because of it imo. 

On 9/4/2020 at 4:33 PM, Post Oak said:

An older article by Shea Serrano on sports hate, Dirk and Luka.

Pretty good, quick read.

https://www.theringer.com/platform/amp/nba/2020/1/3/21047229/sports-hate-shaquille-oneal-dirk-nowitzki-luka-doncic

Good read. Thanks for the link. Hook 'em. 

Nuggets played some bully ball with LAC. It rattled them. 

For Luka, the Nuggets beat the Clips' Loco. 

"Remember the Luka!" ~Old Balkan toast.

• 2 weeks later...