2019 - 2020 Dallas Mavericks: Eastern Bloc > Western Conference

CBT

3 hours ago, satyanash said:

Meanwhile, Harden's perfected the act of kicking a defender and slapping him in the face at the same time... 🙄

Just straight up fucking garbage basketball.  Imagine how good he'd be if he wasn't trying to hit defenders in the face while flopping on every shot. 

12 minutes ago, threesheets said:

Just straight up fucking garbage basketball.  Imagine how good he'd be if he wasn't trying to hit defenders in the face while flopping on every shot. 

Fuck him. The least fun star player to watch. You say how good would he be without all this. And I counter with so much of his game is predicated on this bullshit. Without it, he would not be who he is and would not have all these stats. His game does not translate to the playoffs because the refs are more hands off and are not going to call it for him how they did in the regular season. I still have no idea why they even call it like this in the regular season.

Adding Westbrook was great for all the other fanbases. It guarantees indefinite playoff failure for Houston and makes them no threat to win anything. It will be glorious to watch. I know some will buy into their regular seasons and see all these points scored and actually think it will carry into the playoffs.

Fuck Houston.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, threesheets said:

I just don't understand why, in his mind, he thinks he needs to do stuff like this. It's just bizarre. 

Wasn't able to watch the game but was tracking it on my phone. Luka was obviously great but isn't that also 4 straight double-doubles for KP? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Drew said:

Hollinger said the Mavs are a playoff Lock now...at least top 5 with the way they've played so far.  Basically the west isn't nearly as tough as it was the last few seasons.

If I recall correctly, Hollinger puts a lot of stock into point differential. I think it's fair to say ours is probably somewhat inflated at the moment relative to other teams. I agree we are most likely in but top 5 is still a little bit of a question for me at this point. 

50 minutes ago, Drew said:

Hollinger said the Mavs are a playoff Lock now...at least top 5 with the way they've played so far.  Basically the west isn't nearly as tough as it was the last few seasons.

It really isn't. The Warriors disbanding opened up a lot of doors. Clippers and Lakers are very legit but they will not dominate and crush teams like the Warriors did in their prime. Where you go into a series with them knowing you have no real shot to win. Plus with the Lakers, they are riding on Lebron. When he winds down his career, they won't be as potent. Dallas is building their team at the perfect time. Warriors even when they get back healthy they won't be the same and are getting older. Westbrook and Harden are getting older and they aren't legit contenders anyways. After Clippers, Lakers and Rockets, what else is left? Dallas is right up there right now with the teams seeded 3-5 in the West. Season can unfold in a different way of course and we could fall off but right now, there aren't many teams I fear in the West.

18 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

It really isn't. The Warriors disbanding opened up a lot of doors. Clippers and Lakers are very legit but they will not dominate and crush teams like the Warriors did in their prime. Where you go into a series with them knowing you have no real shot to win. Plus with the Lakers, they are riding on Lebron. When he winds down his career, they won't be as potent. Dallas is building their team at the perfect time. Warriors even when they get back healthy they won't be the same and are getting older. Westbrook and Harden are getting older and they aren't legit contenders anyways. After Clippers, Lakers and Rockets, what else is left? Dallas is right up there right now with the teams seeded 3-5 in the West. Season can unfold in a different way of course and we could fall off but right now, there aren't many teams I fear in the West.

Denver and Utah are also very good teams. 

15 hours ago, LurkingHorn said:

Denver and Utah are also very good teams. 

15 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

They are but I don't think they are that much better than we are if any.

I was going to mention the same two teams.  They should scare more teams than they do, but for whatever reason, they don't get the respect they should. 

I think the current top 6 teams in the West stay that way the rest of the season, though the order will shuffle.  I don't think Phoenix or Minnesota end up in the playoffs, but as much parity as there is in the rest of the conference (not counting Golden State), anything could happen.  My best guess for the other two teams are Portland and either OKC or Sacramento.  The Pelicans could also push if Zion comes back soon, and isn't limited. 

Lucky for us, we won't see the Knicks again unless we both make the Finals.  I could live with that. 

• Like 2

Geezus!!! The court, the city jerseys, the entire marketing jaunt just screams that the Mavs hired some 86 year old consultant from Des Moines, Iowa and told him to make it hip hop.  So he then turned to his 51 year old son and told him to handle it.  I've seen better city jersey mockups done by 16 year old kids on Twitter.  

• Like 1