2019 - 2020 Dallas Mavericks: Eastern Bloc > Western Conference

CBT

3 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Lulz. They damn near came back to push to OT or win in regulation. You want them to just give up?

I’m more pissed at the mavs for not having a plan or reacting to it properly, but I think most teams would take their starters out in a regular season game down 112-99 with 1:30 left.

6 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

I’m more pissed at the mavs for not having a plan or reacting to it properly, but I think most teams would take their starters out in a regular season game down 112-99 with 1:30 left.

Hill-Korver-Sterling Brown-DiVincenzo-Ilyasova was the lineup from 3:30 until Giannis came back into the game with :16 left. 

That's 1 part-time starter and 4 bench guys.

The same team that has a win in LA vs the lakers and in Milwaukee also has 2 losses to the Knicks.  But of a bipolar first 25 games, but it can be attributed to working KP into the rotation. Feels like rick has gotten a feel for the team, and maybe this stretch without luka will allow for some additional growth. 

In the year we won the Championship, after a remarkable start to the season, we lost 2 integral players in consecutive weeks at a similar point of where we are currently in this season. First Caron Butler went down with a season ending knee injury and then a few games later Dirk went down with a frightening ankle injury similar to Luka's. Of course Dirk with his quadruple jointed ankle only missed a game or two after what appeared to be a horrific injury, but that same year we also ended that season's longest win streak. Im not saying, but im saying.  

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

In the year we won the Championship, after a remarkable start to the season, we lost 2 integral players in consecutive weeks at a similar point of where we are currently in this season. First Caron Butler went down with a season ending knee injury and then a few games later Dirk went down with a frightening ankle injury similar to Luka's. Of course Dirk with his quadruple jointed ankle only missed a game or two after what appeared to be a horrific injury, but that same year we also ended that season's longest win streak. Im not saying, but im saying.  

I agree with possibility for thematic similarities, but details of Dirk's injury a bit off: He missed 9 games and Mavs went 2-7 with him out. 1-seed def would have been in play and path to the championship could have looked quite a bit different without that stretch

44 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

I agree with possibility for thematic similarities, but details of Dirk's injury a bit off: He missed 9 games and Mavs went 2-7 with him out. 1-seed def would have been in play and path to the championship could have looked quite a bit different without that stretch

Ok I guess I forgot what happened exactly.  I just remember being relieved that the injury wasn't as bad as what was initially thought. Sorta like what the prospects are for Luka now as opposed to when it first happened. 

19 hours ago, Post Oak said:

If anybody tries to say that Rick Carlisle isn't a a fucking wizard they can kiss 100% of my ass.

The guy can flat out coach

18 hours ago, CBT said:

Fucking this. What an impressive game all around. Giannis was in beast mode but everyone chipped in.

Fuck yes.  And I STILL saw people on Twitter saying how they still don't like Rick because he "allowed the Bucks to come back".  The DFW fan base can make some of the stupidest statements sometimes.

2 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Yep, thought about the same thing...even heard it mentioned on a few of the podcasts.  Fun times to be a Mavs fan.