2019 - 2020 Dallas Mavericks: Eastern Bloc > Western Conference

CBT

On 12/16/2019 at 10:02 PM, TommyGufano said:

Does anyone run more hot and cold than THJ? I never know what I'm getting from night to night! 

Quoted for emphasis

Was Jackson available and Broekhoff took his spot in the rotation for the night? If so, curious if that's matchup based or if that's the order of things for now.

21 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

interestingly enough 4 of our losses have come at the hands of those teams.

I still get a little ticked when I think about how that lakers loss went down with Howard grabbing curry by the shoulder to get green open (and kleiba running toward lebron instead of switching to green)

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I still get a little ticked when I think about how that lakers loss went down with Howard grabbing curry by the shoulder to get green open (and kleiba running toward lebron instead of switching to green)

Refs have definitely hurt us and effected the outcome in 

Lakers game at home

Portland game at home 

Sacramento game at home

Unfortunately, these games were all losses, but they didn’t have to be. 

13 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Early in the season but this team has a special feel to it 

I really don't want to say it...but it does have a 2010-2011 feel to it.  When Caron Butler started out playing well, then got lost for the season...then Dirk missed like 20 games, but they kept rolling.

13 hours ago, CBT said:

Not very efficient(like just over 40% from the field and like 31% from 3) but very aggressive and playing with confidence.  The stroke will find it's spot soon IMO.

13 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

Quoted for emphasis

Was Jackson available and Broekhoff took his spot in the rotation for the night? If so, curious if that's matchup based or if that's the order of things for now.

I heard there was some disappointment with Jackson's defense of late, so the Accountant got his minutes last night.  Jackson has a nice floater and some energy...but if he was more aggressive and active on Defense he'd probably be a better option than DFS(who I LOVE and do not want sat down as he does SO many other things for the team besides just shooting)

13 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

interestingly enough 4 of our losses have come at the hands of those teams.

Yep. It's the one consistent gripe I've had all season.  They don't really block out well(even on FT's) and give up way too many 2nd chance opportunities.  KP is a much better rebounder than any of us thought, but still gets pushed around a bit and we have no other options, since I think Kleber would be better for that reason than Powell as a starter.  But hard to mess with this lineup and rotation right now.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2019 at 6:25 PM, TommyGufano said:

Sounds like Luka is gonna sign with Jordan Brand. Someone is gonna have to piece together how he's played in their shoes

With the way Adidas dominates Europe I'm sure Nike and Jordan Brand were in a dogfight to sign Luka.

Edited by Catdaddyhorn