2019 - 2020 Dallas Mavericks: Eastern Bloc > Western Conference

CBT

That dude had just made a good defensive play to get Luka scrambling at the end of the quarter.  I guess he thought it would be a good idea to talk shit about it even though Luka had just dropped 21 in the third.  

Some people aren't doing a good job of accepting his greatness.  Or the fact that they're gonna be dealing with it for a long ass time.

• Like 2

He still gets shit from opposing players, especially the 2nd stringers and young guys because, let's face it, he's a Euro and White.  They think they can make a name for themselves by "punking" Luka.  Problem is that Luka isn't about that.  He may be soft spoken and a bit shy in interviews, but he seems like a dog on the court.  Trash talk, taking it strait at defenders and so forth.

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

Or at least foul him early on and take chances with free throws and rebound with more than 5 seconds left. 

Carlisle does not like to double team because he refuses to leave open shooters at the 3. Normally I agree with that but not at the end of the game like that. You have to get the ball out of their best player's hands just like they did to us. 

Not quite on topic, but it will get more eyeballs here than on the for sale board.  I’m looking for two lower level tickets, preferably between the baselines, to give my dad for his birthday.  Not terribly picky about which game and would like to stay in the vicinity of face value.  If anyone is looking to get rid of some, PM me. 

Can't wait til someone breaks down what the Lakers are doing on defense. They're playing a zone until Luka runs the PnR and then doubling on Luka until he passes, at which point LA goes back to man to cover the open Maverick. It's crazy how well it's working. Lakers look like they're playing with 6 on the floor.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LurkingHorn said:

Also won’t go anywhere without KP. This stretch combined with the stretch we did well without Luka has shown that. This isn’t even close to the same team without him. 

The big question is, how reliable is KP going to be here in Dallas? His durability worries me. I know the injury this time is not the same knee but big men with his injuries are very vulnerable going forward. That was always the risk. 

2 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

Also won’t go anywhere without KP. This stretch combined with the stretch we did well without Luka has shown that. This isn’t even close to the same team without him. 

oh agreed completely. I really hope this will shut up the people who are obsessed with his shooting percentage. Not that KP is better than Luka or anything close, but its crazy how effective the Mavs were with Luka out vs with KP out

3 minutes ago, crum said:

oh agreed completely. I really hope this will shut up the people who are obsessed with his shooting percentage. Not that KP is better than Luka or anything close, but its crazy how effective the Mavs were with Luka out vs with KP out

Didn't you hear, Luka is already top 10 in the history of the NBA right now and is better than Dirk ever was in his entire career....

31 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Didn't you hear, Luka is already top 10 in the history of the NBA right now and is better than Dirk ever was in his entire career....

Luka is a really good player, but he didn't have KP to make up for all the time Luka just sits on the offensive end crying even when he doesn't get touched haha