CBT

17 minutes ago, Party_Taco said:

Garbage officiating down the stretch:

- Easy charge called a block
- Missed call on push in the back
- Missed carry by Kawai

Fuck the zebras let’s go!

They did not help all night. 

team needs a defensive stopper that can go 1 on 1 with Leonard and lebron and win their fair share. 
Kawhai just posted up and got what he wanted down the stretch with the exception of the last real possession when Luka played him well and it ended in a made wide open 3. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Dallas can beat the clips. Dallas needs to fill a hole now. And maybe add one more good stopper. 

i don't think we can hang with either LA team right now.  remember they didn't have PG3 tonight.  also don't think powell being out a year changes anything for us really.  we badly need a perimeter stopper.  i don't see what harp sees in dodo. 

1 hour ago, Dropout said:

Andre Drummond making a little more sense this morning? Idk getting killed on the glass recently and the Powell injury has me rethinking this one.

Yeah. I guess.  I'm not really sure what to think this morning.

I'm thinking about this under the umbrella that they are at least 1 year ahead of schedule.  That frames how I look at it.

I wonder if they move KP to the 5 more.

They are a superstar and a collection of mix and matched parts.  They fit together pretty well.  Now we take on of those pieces out and I'm not sure how it fits together. 

Rick will make it work. Donnie will figure something out. Plus we've got Luka.  

2 hours ago, CBT said:

Harrell was a beast but once Boban came in, that shit ended. I hope we give him more before trading for Drummond.

This right here. Boban can handle a physical low post player and get boards. Can he replace Powell's rim rolling and oops, nope. But he can get some more minutes and it'll be all good.

Have to upgrade the SF spot. DFS has improved but he is a guy that should be coming off the bench. Try and get one of the Morris twins, Covington, or maybe Thaddeus Young. We aren't winning a title this year so no need to go all in. See what Lee's expiring contract, the Warriors 2nd, and Jackson can get.

The Juan Wick in game video with JJ was great last night.

20 hours ago, Post Oak said:

People are gonna realize how important Powell is now that he's gonna be out.

Yep.  Lots of Powell slander on social media that last couple of months.  They'll realize soon. Same as with KP when without him they just didn't have anyone defending the rim.

8 hours ago, Post Oak said:

Yeah. I guess.  I'm not really sure what to think this morning.

I'm thinking about this under the umbrella that they are at least 1 year ahead of schedule.  That frames how I look at it.

I wonder if they move KP to the 5 more.

They are a superstar and a collection of mix and matched parts.  They fit together pretty well.  Now we take on of those pieces out and I'm not sure how it fits together. 

Rick will make it work. Donnie will figure something out. Plus we've got Luka.  

The issue is how much it'll cost(I'm still not sure he's a fit with this playing style and the way they've set up around Luka).

And the rest is pretty much spot on.  They're already at least a year ahead of schedule.  Don't do anything stupid and gut the team.

• Like 1

If this year was ever about making noise in the playoffs (i had notions a month ago) it’s not anymore. Get in, get some playoff experience, who knows maybe even a series win depending on matchup, keep powder dry for offseason/next season unless the right deal becomes available. 

if you have to discuss whether the deal is the right deal, like Drummond, it’s not the right deal. 

• Like 1

Listening to LockedonMavs this morning and they said that Maxi and DP were both top 5 roll men (3 and 4).

I'm not sure how that's calculated but it makes me think they just start Maxi and everyone moves up in the rotation.

They did mention Dedmon but I think he signed a 3vyear deal so I'm not sure they are interested in that commitment.

23 hours ago, RexWilson said:

This right here. Boban can handle a physical low post player and get boards. Can he replace Powell's rim rolling and oops, nope. But he can get some more minutes and it'll be all good.

Have to upgrade the SF spot. DFS has improved but he is a guy that should be coming off the bench. Try and get one of the Morris twins, Covington, or maybe Thaddeus Young. We aren't winning a title this year so no need to go all in. See what Lee's expiring contract, the Warriors 2nd, and Jackson can get.

The Juan Wick in game video with JJ was great last night.

We should have tried Boban on Jokic at the end of the Nuggets game the other night, instead of getting raped repeatedly down low trying to defend him with smaller guys. We should have won that game.

10 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

would a courtney lee for dewaye dedmon trade work out contract-wise?

It does, but I don't think I do that. I'd rather give more minutes to Maxi and Boban and slide KP to the 5 in certain matchups. Dedmon doesn't do much on offense and he is signed for two more years at $13m per. I'm sure playing with Luka etc would help his numbers, but do we want a guy who is demanding trades from a team he just signed a long term deal with. 

He'd have to part of a bigger trade. I doubt Sac gives up a first to dump him, but probably a second. Now, if they want to include Bogdanovic in a larger deal, I am all ears. 

1 hour ago, immortal13 said:

We should have tried Boban on Jokic at the end of the Nuggets game the other night, instead of getting raped repeatedly down low trying to defend him with smaller guys. We should have won that game.

Jokic would take Boban out a few steps and go around him. He's too skilled a ball handler for Boban to check him 1 on 1. 

1 hour ago, BallamaticBevo said:

Covington or bust for me. He can guard multiple positions, rains 3s, can small ball 4 and is a steal at 12 mil for 2.5 more years.

Wolves need PG help so Brunson will have to be included but I think Jalen, Courtney and two seconds is a great offer.

I'm perfectly ok with a trade like that, including giving up Brunson

1 hour ago, CBT said:

Wonder what the offer is/was. Good Ringer article linked in there:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/1/23/21078182/kristaps-porzingis-dallas-mavericks-luka-doncic

Obviously Beal would be the ideal option. But I think it's a fair, we'll reasoned thought.

I'm hoping KP is still going to get better and believe he will.  

I like the idea of Galinari and Bertans.  Bertans more so because he's younger and is shooting 42% from 3.  

I think one thing to take into account with all these guys is how much better they'll be playing with Luka.  (Galinari less so because of CP)

Beal should be on everyone's radar, but the word is he ungettable.  At least the Mavs wouldn't have enough to get him I think.

Covington is a perfect add, but read today that some don't think he's been significantly better than DFS has been(BTW we don't talk about DFS enough...dude has been balling this year).  Also, remember when we wanted Danny Green? DFS has been better this year.