2019 - 2020 Dallas Mavericks: Eastern Bloc > Western Conference

CBT

Yeah Luka destroyed JJB there, lol.

I'm actually glad it's the Clippers, and not because I think they can win.  I was worried that all this talk of "Moving up/down to avoid the Clips" would backfire anyways.  They'd just get beat by Denver or Utah anyways.

At least this way the Mavs are the underdogs, with nothing to lose.  Luka/KP and a couple of other guys, will get a taste of probably the actual best team in the league in playoff mode.  Let Luka get the shit beat out of him by PG and Kawhi and Beverly and let him earn earlier than later what it'll take to win the playoffs.

Jordan learned it later when the Pistons were beating the shit out of him.  This will be good for that Young Mavs IMO.

• Like 1

Listening to JJ on “Freddy and Fitsommons” on ESPN.  And he is just lauding Dirk.  Kobe v Dirk games were epic. And as a lifelong laker fan I’ve always been impressed as to how the Mavs seem to always get the most out of their team.  Because while you have some talent, it’s rarely enough to make noise.  But the Mavs always do make some noise.  And I pin that on your coach.  I think Carlisle is going t9 go down as maybe the most underrated coach of all time.  That dude gets more out of less than a one I may have ever seen.  I promise this is not a backhanded compliment.  Honestly he is perhaps the best coach in the league that given the talent could have had an epic run.

BTW, Luka is going to be scary good.  If the Mavs draft smart around him, whoa.

Edited by Sbbruin

4 hours ago, gyroprotagonist said:

still seems like exhibition games in the bubble.  crowd goes to 11 in playoff games so obviously going to be strange to say the least.  

Beat LA!

I wonder if this even counts as playoff experience for this young team. The atmosphere and playing on the road are huge experiences for young teams. They will get none of that this season. 

13 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I wonder if this even counts as playoff experience for this young team. The atmosphere and playing on the road are huge experiences for young teams. They will get none of that this season. 

I mean those first games back in the bubble, were NBA allstar level defense intensity.  I remember flipping to the Mavs/Rockets game and seeing it in the 80's at halftime and going WTF.

I just don't want to see Luka drive and dish to SC/THJ and having them laying bricks during crunch time.

• Hook 'Em 1