2019 - 2020 Dallas Mavericks: Eastern Bloc > Western Conference

CBT

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I really don't even know why I am watching this. The league desperately wants an all LA finals. The Clippers don't even need any help from the refs but let's eject our second best player. Neat-o. The pussies make the Big 12 refs look sane.

Does the league care that much about a Western conference final?

21 minutes ago, Bigpoppapump said:

Lol, they still don’t have an answer for Doncic.

I’m not sure he can be stopped one on one.    But he needs to learn how to take care of the ball a little (a lot) better, shoot a little better from deep, and know when to involve his teammates and when to get shit  done by himself. He also just turned 21, so we have that going for us, which is nice.

I’m not sure he can be stopped one on one.    But he needs to learn how to take care of the ball a little (a lot) better, shoot a little better from deep, and know when to involve his teammates and when to get shit  done by himself. He also just turned 21, so we have that going for us, which is nice.

Yeah, I’m ok with all of this. His foul generation over this past year has been solid, the improvement that is.

After sleeping on it I just don't understand what the NBA is thinking from a pure business standpoint.  Forget looking at it from the Mavs perspective, that was your primetime game in the bubble when you are depending on ratings with zero gate revenue and you literally ruin the game on an incredibly weak call. You don't think a bunch of East Coast eyeballs flipped the channel realizing the game was decided as soon as that call was made?   Nobody would have blinked an eye whatsoever if the refs use some common sense and don't assess T's.  I just don't get it.  Silver better be pissed off about it behind the scenes.  Just completely unnecessary.

Edited by Skipper

7 minutes ago, Bigpoppapump said:

One of the replays it looked like zingis hit him in the side on the way up.  Still, fucking weaksauce.

And then on the other end, we get fucking hacked and nada. So that is a big swing in these tight games. Not to mention ejecting our 2nd best player. At that point in time, we got the game under control after the terrible start. We settled in nicely. I don't give a shit about people saying we still had time after and all. Taking a team's 2nd best player out of a playoff game when they are already behind the 8ball against a better team is a kiss of death in most cases. It changes everything you want to do. Takes away the 2 man game from Luka/KP and now Luka has to put too much on his shoulders. I think some people are just trying too hard not to bitch about the refs to not be "that guy" but in this game, the refs were fucking terrible. Hence why it was a national discussion on how terrible their influence was. The NBA has a track record of this shit. You can ignore it if you want to pretend it doesn't happen. Dallas already had very little shot to even extend this series out. But if they now have to worry about the refs influence, this won't even be close.

So did they ever say if Morris got his tech for fucking with luka or for pushing kp?  And why not a double tech on him for each?  He was purposefully out of line starting with the little shoulder tug, then he was the one that walked up to luka when luka said something. Refs were nowhere to be seen at that point, so kp decided to protect his teammate. 

well it was a Clips home game, so you expect those calls to go their way...

Damn, Luka has already attained master level for using his off shoulder to create space for a layup. 

Also, he is doing an amazing job of hitting that cutter that follows him into the lane when he drives.  He is drawing 3 guys into the paint everytime he drives.  Clips did do a decent job of closing out on threes when Luka passed out.

KL still has 2-3 more gears to engage so I don't think the Mavs have a great answer for when he wants to take over, but after the 1st qtr debacle, it was great to see them storm back.

3 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

well it was a Clips home game, so you expect those calls to go their way...

Damn, Luka has already attained master level for using his off shoulder to create space for a layup. 

Also, he is doing an amazing job of hitting that cutter that follows him into the lane when he drives.  He is drawing 3 guys into the paint everytime he drives.  Clips did do a decent job of closing out on threes when Luka passed out.

KL still has 2-3 more gears to engage so I don't think the Mavs have a great answer for when he wants to take over, but after the 1st qtr debacle, it was great to see them storm back.

These games in the bubble or only home/away on paper. All that will really change is the uniforms being used. The refs would get wrapped up playing to the home crowd so often in normal situations. There is no home court advantage with refs or the home crowd these playoffs. Which will hurt the lower seeds because they can't try and gain an edge when the series shifts back to their venue. 

5 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

These games in the bubble or only home/away on paper. All that will really change is the uniforms being used. The refs would get wrapped up playing to the home crowd so often in normal situations. There is no home court advantage with refs or the home crowd these playoffs. Which will hurt the lower seeds because they can't try and gain an edge when the series shifts back to their venue. 

canttellifserious.jpg  

i was joking about the home calls

Edited by gyroprotagonist
  • Hook 'Em 1

This was called a foul. I mean this is not even close to being borderline.
FB-IMG-15977608357689037.jpg
The block was clean but going up kp got him (barely) on the right elbow. So if they reviewed it the call would have stood.

This team isn't Luka's yet. It will be. It needs to be for us to win. But it's not yet. Those two offensive possessions by hardaway and curry after the clips blew the layups late in the fourth were terrible. Luka was getting to the rim at will and they pushed tempo to attempt pull up jumpers in transition. Marks of an immature team. And then after Curry's missed 3 Luka was visibly upset at the possessions and was pouting instead of playing defense when PG drained a 3. He needs to cut that out
  • Like 1

Here is refs take on the situation

FITZGERALD: “He was assessed the first technical foul for throwing an air punch at the official in resentment of the call which per the NBA Respect for the Game Guidelines is an automatic technical foul.”

QUESTION: Why was Porzingis assessed the second technical foul?

FITZGERALD: “The second technical foul was for being an escalator to the altercation which was confirmed via replay.”

QUESTION: Is the situation — an automatic ejection in a competitive playoff game — given any consideration before calling the second technical foul?

FITZGERALD: “Like we said for the second (technical foul) we confirmed it through the use of instant replay that he was an escalator which is an automatic technical per the NBA standards. This being his second technical he was ejected from the game.”

QUESTION: Was the situation knowing that was going to be an ejection given any consideration?

FITZGERALD: “No, we applied the standards at replay.”

https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2020/8/18/21373311/what-officials-dallas-mavericks-said-about-kristaps-porzingis-ejection-clippers

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

You’re right about the refs performance there. You’re absolutely wrong and retarded for trying to bring up a conspiracy and you ruin your point. Also, Wentz is better than Dak. 

Try and leave the Cowboys bs in the Cowboys thread.  That thread has been unreadable for the past few years, let’s not make this one unreadable as well. 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, Skipper said:

After sleeping on it I just don't understand what the NBA is thinking from a pure business standpoint.  Forget looking at it from the Mavs perspective, that was your primetime game in the bubble when you are depending on ratings with zero gate revenue and you literally ruin the game on an incredibly weak call. You don't think a bunch of East Coast eyeballs flipped the channel realizing the game was decided as soon as that call was made?   Nobody would have blinked an eye whatsoever if the refs use some common sense and don't assess T's.  I just don't get it.  Silver better be pissed off about it behind the scenes.  Just completely unnecessary.

Classic WWE booking man the big babyface favorite gets the win and stays looking invincible meanwhile the young upstart looks strong and is protected by the dirty finish. Builds intrigue for the rematch.

Vince McMahon had this down to an art before the syphilis started eroding his mental faculties 

• Like 1