Ok Tom, We'll Talk about Kansas Game, Oct 19th 6pm cst LHN

LTtxfan

1 minute ago, bullet said:

Return game is beyond pathetic.

But Orlando had a really good defense last year.  We all knew he had no depth this year and no game changing defensive lineman.  The entire secondary which was already inexperienced is injured.  But he does need to teach them how to tackle.  They keep getting off their feet and losing leverage.  Just basic stuff.  The type of stupid stuff you saw with Manny Diaz.

They keep getting injured because they've lost sight of fundamental defense, including tackling.  And because of Orlando's goofball calls, they're constantly out of position and having to make diving and other awkward tackles.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

That’s a great point Ahmad, remember Kansas gave that 05 texas team all they could handle. Of course that was 14 years ago, different teams, coaches and neither is undefeated

It was the 2004 game but your point is well taken.  4th and 18 when Vince delivered in Lawrence.

I don’t know if you’re serious or being a cock, but you are right.  if tom pulls his head out of his ass and we start playing better we can win out and go back to the sugar bowl. 

I’m being serious. This team plays down to its opponent and injuries are killing the defense. Get healthy, squeak out some W’s and keep the goal to get to the B12 championship game

2 minutes ago, SpiralOut said:

Funny how that shit doesn't happen to Alabama and OU and those teams that win all the fucking hardware all the time. 

Coastal fucking Carolina held this Jayhawk squad to SEVEN FUCKING POINTS.  Seven.  We were 41 points worse than that tonight and Kansas left a ton of points on the field through their own fuck-ups.  W/e these coaches are getting paid it's about 1000x too much.  Hire some idiots coaching Pop Warner.  They'll work for peanuts and we'll be getting just as good or better results.

KU could have scored 11 more points with the OOB H1 Pooka, 1 missed FG, 1 missed XP. That's 59 points. Maybe 3 more if you give that otehr long FG,but I'm not giving him that.

7 minutes ago, bullet said:

Les can coach.  He has a ring.  But he makes Charlie Strong look like Einstein with his 2 minute clock decisions.

Mensa was trying to impersonate the Mad Hatter tonight running down there and calling our last TO after we'd just gained a first which would have stopped the clock on its own to move the chains. 

Those two 4th down play calls which put Kansas right back in the game early were also right out of ol' Les' playbook of stupidity. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

So the difference in the game is that the Kansas kicker sucks.  

Let that sink in....the difference between Texas and Kansas was a fucking kicker

We are getting worse each game, and it will bite us in the ass, maybe next week.

all of the “run the table, see OU in the championship for a rematch”  better run for cover.

Edited by El Squared

4 minutes ago, AeroHorn said:

I don't watch LHN. It's great to listen to "non-professionals"; actual longhorns that speak with the team's best interests in mind.

Miss the better camera work when you have to watch on LHN.  There were a couple of KU TDs and one of ours where the receiver was uncovered and you didn't get a shot to help understand how that happened.

2 minutes ago, SpiralOut said:

Funny how that shit doesn't happen to Alabama and OU and those teams that win all the fucking hardware all the time. 

Coastal fucking Carolina held this Jayhawk squad to SEVEN FUCKING POINTS.  Seven.  We were 41 points worse than that tonight and Kansas left a ton of points on the field through their own fuck-ups.  W/e these coaches are getting paid it's about 1000x too much.  Hire some idiots coaching Pop Warner.  They'll work for peanuts and we'll be getting just as good or better results.

Alabama and OU have stacked rosters and we are injured to hell on defense in a defense that was already replacing 8 starters. This shit DOES happen to OU. OU had plenty of embarrassing games on defense last year. They gave up 40 to a Beaty led Kansas. Kansas was running the vintage Les Miles dinosaur offense vs. Coastal Carolina, it was a sight to behold.

13 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

Look guys, if Texas gets healthy and keeps winning how close this win was won’t matter.

I hope you're right. But Sterns doesn't look like the same guy and Green got abused vs. LSU. We don't know much about Whittington, Shack being 100% would definitely be a good thing, Chris Brown has had some good moments (but also some not so good moments), Tillman is an unknown, and I'm not sure Josh Thompson is coming back before the bowl game.

So, I guess that, although I know it will be a good thing, I'm not sure HOW good. I really, really hope you're right. Because my heart can't take too many more games like tonight.

Edit: oh, and I get the impression that Shark is probably done for the season. Collarbone injuries are no joke.

Edited by campcrunk

What the mother fucking happened? Texas is up 14-3 and seems like an easy route going to happen. I'm at a family campout so I go tend to family things.
After getting things wrapped up for the night I turn the game on to see Texas having to drive for a game winning drive.
Somebody on that God damn coaching staff has some explaining to do and I suspect it better start with Orlando.

12 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

I wanna teabag everyone that says “a win is a win”. This is fucking Kansas at home after a loss. We’re not in the top tier of CFB teams right now, and I’m not we’re 2nd tier. Watching this team is fuckin embarrassing 

We are Kansas on defense right now and there ain't a damn thing gonna change till we get some guys back. 

The crazy part is, if you'd just teach these guys how to fucking tackle and turn and look for the ball which is Defense 101 level shit, we'd be fine.  Instead you've got guys diving at the ball runner's shoes, flailing their arms at guys, overrunning the play, and never looking back for the ball while wildly waving their arms in the opposing receiver's face and just begging the refs to throw a flag.

This ain't rocket science shit trying to stop Tom Brady from carving you up.  It's just basic defensive technique.  Yet clearly that's beyond the ability of our highly paid coaches to impart to these top level recruits.  Coastal Carolina can pull it off somehow, but it's too much for us. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

I’m being serious. This team plays down to its opponent and injuries are killing the defense. Get healthy, squeak out some W’s and keep the goal to get to the B12 championship game

That is one of Hermann's weaknesses.  His teams have a history of playing down (or up) to the opponent.

Its a win.  Every team has one ugly game.

And I don't think we face a better passer than Stanley the rest of the season.  Not sure I've seen one all season.  So our secondary has a chance not to let us get blown out.

• Fuck You 3