Ok Tom, We'll Talk about Kansas Game, Oct 19th 6pm cst LHN

LTtxfan

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Wasn’t it P on tos that used to put together really well executed threads after each game, explaining why each play worked/didn’t?     Kinda wish he was still doing that. Would really shine a light on this foolishness; might turn a few minds who think this is just an injury issue. 

He became a Strong apologist and subsequently lost his mind.  Poor soul, he was just too high strung.  

1 hour ago, bschoolprof said:

He became a Strong apologist and subsequently lost his mind.  Poor soul, he was just too high strung.  

Poor soul indeed. Can you imagine being able to see the game like he could, to break down every play, and then have to defend the lunacy that was on the field those years?  

1 hour ago, achooloco said:

Game on the internet yet? Got stuck watching the Yankees Saturday night and no way the bar was changing that. 

Sounds like you got stuck in a horrible shitbag of a place. You should definitely never let that happen again.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DaysOff said:
1 hour ago, Horn Dog said:

Did a friendly clock help Texas beat KU? Les Miles is having the Big 12 take a look

https://amp.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article236494833.html

Not reading that article, but are they going to look at every snap and the clock from the opening snap

Love Phlegm lol.  No just the last drive and it seems at least 11 seconds or so was gifted if whoever wrote that is correct.  That's a big if...falsely accusing someone of having to cheat to beat KU should be punishable by death. 

Edited by ChiTownDoc

15 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Love Phlegm lol.  No just the last drive and it seems at least 11 seconds or so was gifted if whoever wrote that is correct.  That's a big if...falsely accusing someone of having to cheat to beat KU should be punishable by death. 

I can tell you from lots of press box experience (6A ball, not much college), it’s much more likely to be incompetence or inattention than anything nefarious. Clock operators are officials, not employees of the home team. I can’t tell you how many officials running either the clock or the 40 second clock I’ve seen texting, surfing the ‘net, talking, zoning out, etc. I’d say I see at least one of those things occur at 60+% of games I work. Most of the time, it’s people losing focus late in the game and just forgetting to stop or start the clock.

The last game, the 6A 40 second (paid official) clock operator didn’t know when to set a 40 second clock or a 25 second clock, he didn’t know which on-field official to watch for signals, and he didn’t understand the signals. Even by the end of the game, he wasn’t crisp. The other guys in the scoreboard/clock booth were telling him what to do and when. And this was a guy who had played big D-1 football.

Sometimes it’s scary to see behind the curtain. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

Did a friendly clock help Texas beat KU? Les Miles is having the Big 12 take a look

https://amp.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article236494833.html

Les_Misles.png

TAKE THE LOSS PUSSY!!!

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 3

OK....so if the clock had been operated to Les' satisfaction Texas doesn't try to run the final play before the FG.  I think we ran that play with 8 secs left.  So maybe we have 3 secs in question?  The 11 secs analyzed in the article wouldn't have mattered as Dicker would have been $$ from any distance inside 45 yards.  

Next time KU should play some defense....

Edited by gecko

We gained maybe 2 seconds after Sam's scramble, but it was because the referee signalled for play kind of slow amd not the clock operator.  He backs put of the TV frame right before we snapped still holding the clock, so I assume that we snapped right at the signal.

After the CJ first down, they started the clock early.  The TV crew cut to Dicker, but you can hear the whistle blow after 2 seconds had already ticked off.

• Like 1

As I understood what the article was saying, it was that after the first down the clock did not restart after the chains moved and the ref spotted the ball. Instead it restarted when the ball was snapped, 11 seconds from when the prior play was blown dead. Considering the time it takes to move the chains and respot the ball is more than 3 seconds, at worst it means that we don’t get to run the meaningless, regarded play just prior to the kick. Boo fucking hoo

At least that’s how I interpreted the complaint.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2019 at 12:22 AM, Vertigo said:

Oh my goodness, we havent had DBs look back for the ball since Akina left. Who the fuck can defend a pass with their back to the football? It is basic high school level shit.

On 10/20/2019 at 12:16 PM, futureman said:

yeah you seem real educated on the subject.  they are coached to not turn around.  sorry, chief.

It's lazy fucking coaching, I've watched two coaching staffs at Nebraska coach it.  So frustrating, you literally take any play making ability from the DB away.  

On 10/20/2019 at 3:54 PM, Modessit said:

50 combined pts in the 4th. Saw on Sportscenter that it was the first time since the 1930's (1937?) that both teams scored at least 24 pts in the 4th quarter.

I watched a replay last night, at 10:10 left in the game, it was 33-30.  Almost 40 fucking points in 10 minutes by both teams.

On 10/20/2019 at 6:55 PM, Mileslong said:

The injury excuse is not when it comes to how many points and yards it is giving up. There is a reason why first team players are on the first team, because they are better players.

If you want to make some argument that injuries are the coaches fault then knock yourself out, but saying that the injuries aren’t responsible for poorer play then I don’t know what to tell you. Just common sense really

Injuries are big no doubt.  Problem is, Texas backups, although inexperienced, should be more talented than any fucking player KU has playing offense or defense, across the board, period.

When 4 and 5 stars players get matched by 1 and 2 star players throughout a game, that's simply coaching and preparation.  KU could take it's all time best recruits ever, combined in one class and it wouldn't be better than the average of every modern day Texas recruiting class.

That was my takeaway, as well.

I think KU has signed maybe 4-5 four star players total in their last 5 classes.  And I thought I read before the season that they were playing with about 70 guys on scholarship (but I might have imagined that).

Also don't understand why Texas was playing a walk on at safety when you've got a 5 star freshman on the bench.

Bizarre game.  

6 hours ago, Augustus said:

That was my takeaway, as well.

I think KU has signed maybe 4-5 four star players total in their last 5 classes.  And I thought I read before the season that they were playing with about 70 guys on scholarship (but I might have imagined that).

Also don't understand why Texas was playing a walk on at safety when you've got a 5 star freshman on the bench.

Bizarre game.  

They have like 3 since 2015. Texas had 59. 

I can tell you from lots of press box experience (6A ball, not much college), it’s much more likely to be incompetence or inattention than anything nefarious. Clock operators are officials, not employees of the home team. I can’t tell you how many officials running either the clock or the 40 second clock I’ve seen texting, surfing the ‘net, talking, zoning out, etc. I’d say I see at least one of those things occur at 60+% of games I work. Most of the time, it’s people losing focus late in the game and just forgetting to stop or start the clock.
The last game, the 6A 40 second (paid official) clock operator didn’t know when to set a 40 second clock or a 25 second clock, he didn’t know which on-field official to watch for signals, and he didn’t understand the signals. Even by the end of the game, he wasn’t crisp. The other guys in the scoreboard/clock booth were telling him what to do and when. And this was a guy who had played big D-1 football.
Sometimes it’s scary to see behind the curtain. 

looks like a job I would like.

as far as behind the curtain, having been a cast member yes it is scary

On 10/23/2019 at 11:09 AM, Scholz said:

The important question nobody is asking is whether KU had A/C in the visitor's locker room?

Yep. Was going to post this.

Is there just fake news being created after every game now to cover up the bullshit?

Fumble recovery was obviously taken from Texas. 

• Like 1