Who's been to Amon Carter?

Whatever

53 minutes ago, Whatever said:
1 hour ago, JBJ said:
Okay exaggeration.

Yeah by an hour. Google Maps is saying 58 miles from my house to Amon Carter.

Oh, shit.  For some reason McKinney registered as Kennedale.  Don't take any of my prior advice, park at Pascal HS.  Get your kid a Steel City Pop or Melt Ice Cream on the way home.

Foodies coming to Fort Worth should eat at Woodshed.  It's good for beers and patio as well.  There's sometimes live music.

Everyone else go anywhere in West 7th.  Rodeo Goat is better than Fred's for burger, beer, patio. Fight me!  Fireside Pies for pizza.  La Familia for mexican and margaritas.

If Sundance is more your style, do Reata (hacienda steaks).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluto said:

These ppl, friends and family included, get knocked down a peg or two when they pull this move.

Oh yeah, it’s not exclusive to just posters here.  Hell, my dumbass best friend did it last time he came to Dallas.  He didn’t quite  pull Hampton and Chili’s level, but close.

3 hours ago, JBJ said:

Oh, shit.  For some reason McKinney registered as Kennedale.  Don't take any of my prior advice, park at Pascal HS.  Get your kid a Steel City Pop or Melt Ice Cream on the way home.

Foodies coming to Fort Worth should eat at Woodshed.  It's good for beers and patio as well.  There's sometimes live music.

Everyone else go anywhere in West 7th.  Rodeo Goat is better than Fred's for burger, beer, patio. Fight me!  Fireside Pies for pizza.  La Familia for mexican and margaritas.

What the fucking fuck is this.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Twice, the originator of the classic FW meme, mentioned the Mama’s on Camp Bowie. He was most likely referring to the old one that has been closed for awhile, but again, he hasn’t lived here in decades. 

And for the record, there is still a Mama’s on Camp Bowie, it’s even in the fucking url. 

http://mamascampbowie.com/

6 hours ago, JBJ said:

Just how big of a boy are ya?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Everything you have posted on this page is retarded. I conclude you must be from California. 

I love a big night out at Reata. Sue me. Fred's >>>> Rodeo Goat and I like RG just fine. But it ain't Fred's.

If Mama's qualifies as some of the best pie in Cowtown  y'all got problems over on that side of Metroplex. Fireside Pies is better than anything else I've seen listed so far. Surely there's Neapolitan joints that have sprung up over there, right?

6 hours ago, Landomatic said:

Oh yeah, it’s not exclusive to just posters here.  Hell, my dumbass best friend did it last time he came to Dallas.  He didn’t quite  pull Hampton and Chili’s level, but close.

I remember that dumb Buckeye that was going to be staying in downtown Dallas and asked for recs for the "best BBQ in Dallas" and was told to go Pecan Lodge (a short Uber ride from his hotel) or Cattleack in Addison and the dumbass wound up going to Dickey's near his hotel.

14 minutes ago, C-Man said:

If Mama's qualifies as some of the best pie in Cowtown  y'all got problems over on that side of Metroplex.

This was the first post that mentioned Mama’s specifically for the guy with a 7-year old coming from Kennedale McKinney. 

Pretty much exactly what OP asked for, not the overall best pizza in town. 

Edited by spystud13
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I love a big night out at Reata. Sue me. Fred's >>>> Rodeo Goat and I like RG just fine. But it ain't Fred's.

If Mama's qualifies as some of the best pie in Cowtown  y'all got problems over on that side of Metroplex. Fireside Pies is better than anything else I've seen listed so far. Surely there's Neapolitan joints that have sprung up over there, right?

The Fireside Pies in Ft. Worth has gone to shit. Our server told us Fireside Pies is now owned by the company that owns Golden Chick. No longer owned by Headington. It seems Fireside Pies is being franchised. 

18 minutes ago, Errestaurants said:

The Fireside Pies in Ft. Worth has gone to shit. Our server told us Fireside Pies is now owned by the company that owns Golden Chick. No longer owned by Headington. It seems Fireside Pies is being franchised. 

'Tis true. The one over by us at Inwood/Lovers is still pretty good after it re-opened following a fire. Will be interesting to see how long that lasts if it does.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2019 at 7:12 AM, Randolph Duke said:

If the OP thinks the kid can last until about an hour after the game ends, park at Doxology. It not, show up early, park close, and leave early in th fourth before exit traffic starts.

The shuttle keeps running during the game.  You don't have to wait until after the game to catch it.  If you leave at the beginning of the 4th quarter, there is is a good chance one will be waiting for you.  I think they run about 4 buses to and from Doxology.  I know I've seen at least 3 lined up in the parking lot. 

• Like 1

Don’t forget the guys who start the thread asking for the advice to begin with.  And we spend several pages trying to help the guy out by planning the perfect trip for him with some really great suggestions.  Then he reports back and took none of our advice.
Poster:  Hey gonna be in Dallas for a few nights.  Money is no object.  I love breweries, BBQ and steakhouses.  Want the best the city has to offer.
Surly (after several pages):  stay at the Ritz, eat at Al Biernat’s and Pecan Lodge, and check out peticolas brewery.
Poster:  Ended up staying at a Hampton in Arlington.  Ate at chili’s and Texas Road House.  Solid.
chilis? when there is a Pancho's in town?

IDOIT!

20 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:
On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 12:46 PM, TornACL said:
It was back on the old site, but the funniest part about this is that I think this is almost exactly how the 2017 "Tell me about Amon Carter/TCU" thread went. 

well the area is lousy with fucking worthless cockroaches so this is to be expected

I'm not sure you've made it clear enough on this thread. Are you trying to say TCU is like a bunch of cockroaches? Tell us again, just in case it didn't stick the first seven times.

• Haha 2