Who's been to Amon Carter?

Whatever

My last trip to Amon G was 1989 so I imagine one or two things have changed.
Also, I enjoy threads like this on Surly, as most of you are reasonably nice to each other, which is a refreshing change of pace.
I'd like to see y'all play TCU in a home and home. It'd be a good matchup.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Whatever said:
10 hours ago, Augustus said:
My last trip to Amon G was 1989 so I imagine one or two things have changed.
Also, I enjoy threads like this on Surly, as most of you are reasonably nice to each other, which is a refreshing change of pace.

I'd like to see y'all play TCU in a home and home. It'd be a good matchup.

That'd be cool, though I'd rather play Tech if I had to choose.  

• Like 1

I was just reminded that the not-KFC TCU message board has a very nice game day information forum.  The people on thefroghorn.com are the friendlier more sane TCU fans so be nice.  There is a ton of information on here for visitors coming to the game or even people just visiting Fort Worth in general.  Some of it may be a few years old but still fairly accurate.

http://www.thefroghorn.com/forum/12-gameday-information-forum/

On 10/17/2019 at 2:33 PM, angelos's frog said:

The fee shuttle from Doxology on Hulen is great.  If you come from McKinney you would just take I-35 to I-20 and take I-20 west to Hulen.  The church is about 3/4 a mile north.  Parking is free, shuttle is free and takes you right to the stadium.  University Baptist and University Christian Churches both have parking for $40 or $50 within a couple blocks of the stadium.  Paschal High School at Forest Park and Berry has cheaper parking ($20?) with a free shuttle about 1 mile from the stadium. As someone else said, if you get there early, there are plenty of people who will let you park in their yard pretty close in for between $30-50.

Whatever you do, if you are coming from Dallas or the northern burbs, don't take I-30 to University and go south to TCU.  Traffic will suck ass.  Same goes for after the game.  Avoid that route.  Take I-35 to Berry and go west toward TCU.   

If you don't mind a little bit of a walk, my suggestion is park at Paschal, walk down to Dutch's and grab a burger, then walk across campus to the stadium and then take the kid to Frog Alley for some pregame bounce house and other kid oriented entertainment.  The walk through the campus from Dutch's is nice and the kid will love Frog Alley.

Thanks, might do this.

I was there with a friend and our dates/wives in the 80s. Our seats were in the middle of the season ticket section, so we were on our best behavior. The TCU fans around us were treating us well. All of the sudden, after we scored to take a comfortable 4Q lead, my buddy stood up and screamed, “TCU SUCKS!”  We laughed later, but dude, wtf?

• Haha 1

Leaving the game now. Mama's was good, parked at Paschall HS for $20 and took the free shuttle. Boy loved Frog Alley: threw footballs into targets and played skee ball. He ran out with the Bleacher Creatures and loved that as well. They made him take off all orange and put on a TCU Jersey, which they gave him. I couldn't go out there with him because I'm wearing orange, but they had it organized and I found him easily after it was over.

Loved the stadium. Not corporate at all, and a good college atmosphere.

Fire Tom Herman.

• Like 4

On 10/26/2019 at 6:28 PM, Whatever said:

Leaving the game now. Mama's was good, parked at Paschall HS for $20 and took the free shuttle. Boy loved Frog Alley: threw footballs into targets and played skee ball. He ran out with the Bleacher Creatures and loved that as well. They made him take off all orange and put on a TCU Jersey, which they gave him. I couldn't go out there with him because I'm wearing orange, but they had it organized and I found him easily after it was over.

Loved the stadium. Not corporate at all, and a good college atmosphere.

Fire Tom Herman.

Running with the Bleacher Creatures was one of the highlights of my son's life as a kid.  It was a sad day when he first got too old to want me to run with him and then old enough to think it wasn't cool anymore. 

• Like 1