Texas to wear throwback unis to honor the '69 title winning team

Goo Punch

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Happy we’re honoring one of my favorite teams of all time. Hate all the social media hype after a 2nd loss, this one particularly bad after 3 straight meh showings. 

Social media's gonna roll on, it's how recruiting works now. The players all deleted most of their social media before the season started - they just have their Instas.

42 minutes ago, The Whistler said:

who's the guy giving the speech at the beginning?  i see him in every game.   he's basically tied to Herman's hip, especially when Herman is talking to the refs.

Fernando Lovo - asst. athletics director for football ops.

Every time people complain about the jersey color, I think about that post from the equipment guy with like 30 years worth of them, all the same color. It’s not the color, it’s the material.
That said, the clean design is so much better than what’s current. 
He was wrong. I deal with fabrics, our cottons and nylons in royal blue, navy, khaki, and orange are the same. You can dull down performance fabric colors easily.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, markstanco said:
3 hours ago, formermav43 said:
Every time people complain about the jersey color, I think about that post from the equipment guy with like 30 years worth of them, all the same color. It’s not the color, it’s the material.

He was wrong. I deal with fabrics, our cottons and nylons in royal blue, navy, khaki, and orange are the same. You can dull down performance fabric colors easily.

He showed a picture where they were literally all the same. Not sure how it’s possible for that to be wrong...

They appear differently on tv and/or in light vs shadow and/or when they get sweaty. Side by side, the color is the same.

Edited by formermav43

7 hours ago, markstanco said:
9 hours ago, formermav43 said:

You're a seamstress for the band? 

He showed a picture where they were literally all the same. Not sure how it’s possible for that to be wrong...
They appear differently on tv and/or in light vs shadow and/or when they get sweaty. Side by side, the color is the same.
That's a good point about them getting wet, they will darken differently.

6 hours ago, Girdwood said:

It’s criminal these aren’t our full time uniforms- minus the 150 decal (nod to the 100). Can you imagine the stormtroopers with this look??? My god our current uniforms are ass my dude.

Yes and put the players number back above the Longhorn on the side of the helmet.

spacer.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

It really drives me crazy how the hype machine continues to roll in the wake of a miserable performance. All the ancillary shit with this program should stop when I’m pissed off. 

Recruiting continues.

If you are expecting everybody to wear sackcloth and ashes you might just want to tune out for awhile. 

• Like 1