Elijah Cummings has died

elfenix

3 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Sad for his family and constituents.  He was key to the resistance; hopefully the person that steps into his role will be even better.

I'm sure the upcoming Trump tweets will be as tasteful as always.

“I’m alive and you’re dead! Trump 1, Cummings 0. Your shithole city probably killed you!” - 30% chance at least 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Only two of the first 5 posts we're about Trump not bad

Yeah, I wonder why people's minds would go to Trump when one of his political enemies dies...I mean, it's not like he has a history of attacking the dead or anything.

On a related note, do you think the Trumpkins will replace McCain with Cummings in the pistol whipping video, or just add him?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bullneck said:

Sad for his family and constituents.  He was key to the resistance; hopefully the person that steps into his role will be even better.

I'm sure the upcoming Trump tweets will be as tasteful as always.

Yeah I'm nervously waiting to see what he ends up saying.

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

“I’m alive and you’re dead! Trump 1, Cummings 0. Your shithole city probably killed you!” - 30% chance at least 

Wouldn't be surprised if it's something like this.

RIP, Rep. Cummings.

Edited by austingirl

2 hours ago, elfenix said:

Top Stories | Rep. Elijah Cummings, Democratic leader and regular Trump target, dies at 68

Read the full story: https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/10/17/elijah-cummings-dies-baltimore/

RIP

At 11, he helped integrate a local swimming pool while being attacked with bottles and rocks. “Perry Mason,” the popular TV series about a fictional defense lawyer, inspired him to enter the legal profession.

“Many young men in my neighborhood were going to reform school,” he told the East Texas Review. “Though I didn’t completely know what reform school was, I knew that Perry Mason won a lot of cases. I also thought that these young men probably needed lawyers.”

1 hour ago, shnsajax said:

Good to see

No offense but I’ve seen quite a few congressional republicans say nice things about Cummings but I don’t recall them saying anything when Trump attacked him 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yep, the usual very butthurt suspects always chime in.  

Waaaaaahh you trampled all over our venerated observances, and sacred cows, you trampled all over our venerated observances, and sacred cows.

Isn't there some wellness seminar for brutalized vaginas you should be attending?

52 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

RIP.  I don't know much about the man, other than he seemed to dedicate his life to serving the public, which is rare.   Plus he used correct punctuation, even though given his name he didn't have to.  Godspeed Mr. E. Cummings.

Outstanding.

41 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yep, the usual very butthurt suspects always chime in.  

Waaaaaahh you trampled all over our venerated observances, and sacred cows, you trampled all over our venerated observances, and sacred cows.

It's gonna be really funny when you get all butthurt over the party we throw when Alex Jones dies.

7 hours ago, Zavala said:

Only two of the first 5 posts we're about Trump not bad

were*

4 hours ago, mdmost said:

The difference is no one will be sad when Gorka dies and he knows it. 

Well, maybe those who enjoy oversized head jokes, both literally and figuratively might miss him a little.       Nah...

3 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Hope they autopsy that cranial vault.  I’m positive it’s where Capone hid his treasure.  

3 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

If by "treasure" you mean 12 gallons of moldy syphilitic jizz, then you may be correct sir.

2 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

RIP.  I don't know much about the man, other than he seemed to dedicate his life to serving the public, which is rare.   Plus he used correct punctuation, even though given his name he didn't have to.  Godspeed Mr. E. Cummings.

This.  And it ties into Zavala's lame comment about Trump.  If it weren't for Trump, then I probably would not have known who Cummings was, much less known his courage and statesmanship.  Things PABOTUS lacks.  But with Trump and his little war on Cummings, a lot more people out there realized that there are those even now standing up to this corrupt administration. 

Rest in Peace for a man who believed in serving others ahead of serving himself.