Texas Ex Ron Ely's wife murdered by son

ImissWallyPryor

Didn't see a thread about this.

I read somewhere (Alcalde?) that Ron played football at Texas in the late 50s.  He was Tarzan to those of us who were kids in the 60s-early 70s. Then he became Doc Savage.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/tarzan-wife-killed-ron-ely

Seems the son tried to blame it on Ron.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/tarzan-ron-ely-son-blame-murder-mother-elderly-actor-911-call

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

20 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

I’d totally forgotten about that Tarzan tv show. Used to watch reruns of it after Saturday morning cartoons.

19 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Man, that Tarzan show only ran for two seasons.  Syndication made it seem like it had been on forever.

Always had a love/hate for that show as a kid because it didn't follow the Tarzan stroyline per se. But I loved the opening sequence.

Read somewhere the show was run pretty shadily. They told Ron to "go wrestle the lion", but the lion wasn't actually trained and Ron wound up fighting for his life before they could pull it off him. Apparently the show was cursed, too. The kid who played Jai (Manuel Padilla Jr.) died of unknown causes (committed suicide/OD) after doing a car show appearance.

Still see it airing on a subchannel tv on Saturday early mornings, but don't remember which network. They have a 2 hour block every week.

Edited by RPM