It's Jury Nullificatioin, stupid.

tantric superman

I'm the stupid and I'm talking to myself, but listening to yet another hour of talk about what a scumbag our President is, literally what a waste of decaying flesh, it struck me that the jury nullification we were talking about a few years back is the same thing that is going to happen here.  Trumpkins and particularly the Republican Senate are simply going to engage in jury nullification up until the election.  Mitch is pretending as if he wants to get an impeachment over with, but whatever happens, he and his cadre simply won't punish the guilt and they'll argue that the people will decide in the general election.  The electorate is going to nullify up until the vote and the Senate is going to nullify during impeachment. 

I realize this doesn't really call for a separate thread, and I'm the last person to get this, but my complete brisketillian loss of any faith in the process, at least in the next two years, feels somewhat liberating.

I still think the good guys (or the better guys) still need to go through the procedural process that the Constitution gave us.  It's just than any actual ethical substantive action within that process has to wait until fucktard, well, dies of natural causes on the golf course and ascends into Christian Heaven.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

I realize this doesn't really call for a separate thread, and I'm the last person to get this, but my complete brisketillian loss of any faith in the process, at least in the next two years, feels somewhat liberating.

The only problem with this is that while we endure the 'liberating feeling of the *brisketillian loss of any faith in the process,' it would be nice to enjoy some burnt ends. However, we are most likely to come out of this entire episode in history as scorched earth. And not in a good way.

*great word btw

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
grammar

15 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

it's also a tough calculus for the democrats, because when the jury does nullify, trump will get a boost from the win.  how close to election do you want that to happen?

I originally wanted them to do it quickly, right after Mueller report, but that wouldn't have been smart.  I think they need to move within the next month.

21 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

I originally wanted them to do it quickly, right after Mueller report, but that wouldn't have been smart.  I think they need to move within the next month.

Mitch McConnell also wants them to move quickly. You might want to think about why.