Is Tulsi Gabbard A Russian Asset?

USMCHorn

• 2 months later...
On 11/8/2019 at 11:39 AM, bad_teammate said:

Glenn Greenwald is almost single-handedly responsible for freeing a political prisoner who will (hopefully) win the Brazilian presidency away from the fascist Bolsonaro.

In related news...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/21/world/americas/glenn-greenwald-brazil-cybercrimes.html

Glenn Greenwald Charged With Cybercrimes in Brazil

Mr. Greenwald is accused of being part of a “criminal investigation” that hacked into the cellphones of prosecutors and public officials.

Glenn Greenwald at his home in Rio de Janeiro.Credit...Jimmy Chalk for The New York Times

By Ernesto Londoño and Letícia Casado

Jan. 21, 2020Updated 2:34 p.m. ET

RIO DE JANEIRO — Federal prosecutors in Brazil on Tuesday charged the American journalist Glenn Greenwald with cybercrimes for his role in bringing to light cellphone messages that have embarrassed prosecutors and tarnished the image of an anti-corruption task force.

In a criminal complaint made public on Tuesday, prosecutors in the capital, Brasília, accused Mr. Greenwald of being part of a “criminal organization” that hacked into the cellphones of several prosecutors and other public officials last year.

Mr. Greenwald, an ardent critic of Brazil’s far right president, Jair Bolsonaro, is a deeply polarizing figure in Brazil, where his work is lionized by leftists and condemned as partisan and heavy handed by officials in the Bolsonaro administration.

The news organization Mr. Greenwald co-founded, The Intercept Brasil, published articles last year based on the leaked cellphone messages that raised questions about the integrity and the motives of key members of Brazil’s justice system.

5 hours ago, Anastasis said:

In related news...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/21/world/americas/glenn-greenwald-brazil-cybercrimes.html

Glenn Greenwald Charged With Cybercrimes in Brazil

Mr. Greenwald is accused of being part of a “criminal investigation” that hacked into the cellphones of prosecutors and public officials.

Glenn Greenwald at his home in Rio de Janeiro.Credit...Jimmy Chalk for The New York Times

By Ernesto Londoño and Letícia Casado

Jan. 21, 2020Updated 2:34 p.m. ET

RIO DE JANEIRO — Federal prosecutors in Brazil on Tuesday charged the American journalist Glenn Greenwald with cybercrimes for his role in bringing to light cellphone messages that have embarrassed prosecutors and tarnished the image of an anti-corruption task force.

In a criminal complaint made public on Tuesday, prosecutors in the capital, Brasília, accused Mr. Greenwald of being part of a “criminal organization” that hacked into the cellphones of several prosecutors and other public officials last year.

Mr. Greenwald, an ardent critic of Brazil’s far right president, Jair Bolsonaro, is a deeply polarizing figure in Brazil, where his work is lionized by leftists and condemned as partisan and heavy handed by officials in the Bolsonaro administration.

The news organization Mr. Greenwald co-founded, The Intercept Brasil, published articles last year based on the leaked cellphone messages that raised questions about the integrity and the motives of key members of Brazil’s justice system.

Greenwald is being hit with the same thing the U.S. said Assange did, guiding the hackers into revealing state secrets. This is pretty bad and I don't think the U.S. is going to fight very hard on behalf of Greenwald.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, F250 said:

Greenwald is being hit with the same thing the U.S. said Assange did, guiding the hackers into revealing state secrets. This is pretty bad and I don't think the U.S. is going to fight very hard on behalf of Greenwald.

But Russia?

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Well, she doesn't want to be president.

Yep, it's a grift. She's a weirdo cultist.

As I have said for months, fighting Tulsi is absolutely stupid. All you do is open yourself up for this kind of thing.

Clinton is bad at basically everything except murdering her husband's pedo friends.

• Like 3

Truth is a defense and Tulsi's conduct has given rise to the legitimate perspective that she is a witting or an unwitting Russian asset. NYT v. Sullivan states that the First Amendment protects open and robust debate on public issues even when such debate includes "vehement, caustic, unpleasantly sharp attacks on government and public officials." A public official must prove a libelous statement was made with actual malice, meaning knowledge that it was false or with reckless disregard to whether it was false or not. How does Tulsi disprove she is not an unwitting Russian asset and that Clinton had no basis in believing she could be one when objective observers can point to conduct by Tulsi that is seemingly pro-Russian? 

I'm not a big Hillary fan, but I hate frivolous lawsuits and public officials who are petty bitches that use litigation to attack their opponents ala Trump and Nunes.  

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/23/tulsi-gabbard-hillary-clinton-dispute-054398

Bill Browder, a financier and an activist who has run afoul of Putin, said he thought it is no coincidence that Gabbard recently hired an operative who had worked with a Kremlin-backed lawyer who smeared him because he helped secure the passage of the Magnitsky Act. That law imposed sanctions on Russia in reaction to the death of Sergei Magnitsky, Browder’s lawyer and friend, after whom the law is named.

“Out of all the thousands of people she could have chosen, she happened to choose the one who had first-hand experience working with a Russian agent of Vladimir Putin’s,” Browder said of Gabbard. “I don’t believe in coincidences. It’s less likely to be a coincidence when you look at her policies, which are the same policy as Putin’s: pro-Assad, anti-gay and pro-Trump.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zombie said:

Truth is a defense and Tulsi's conduct has given rise to the legitimate perspective that she is a witting or an unwitting Russian asset. NYT v. Sullivan states that the First Amendment protects open and robust debate on public issues even when such debate includes "vehement, caustic, unpleasantly sharp attacks on government and public officials." A public official must prove a libelous statement was made with actual malice, meaning knowledge that it was false or with reckless disregard to whether it was false or not. How does Tulsi disprove she is not an unwitting Russian asset and that Clinton had no basis in believing she could be one when objective observers can point to conduct by Tulsi that is seemingly pro-Russian? 

I'm not a big Hillary fan, but I hate frivolous lawsuits and public officials who are petty bitches that use litigation to attack their opponents ala Trump and Nunes.  

Exhibit A. 

Go Tulsi

22 hours ago, Zombie said:

How does Tulsi disprove she is not an unwitting Russian asset and that Clinton had no basis in believing she could be one when objective observers can point to conduct by Tulsi that is seemingly pro-Russian?

This is upside-down. 

If Clinton wanted to use that as a defense, she'd have to present a reasonable basis for believing Tulsi is a Russian agent.  

Clinton will argue that (i) she never used Tulsi by name (ii) it was a statement of opinion/hyperbole.  But both these arguments were undermined by Clinton's spokesperson the next day.  But it is something.

My prediction is dismissed because hyperbole. Neither party will take this to discovery.  It will settle in some form.

Edited by JBJ

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2020 at 9:19 PM, pyrohornIII said:

I got stoned on Monday night and decided to turn on Hannity for maximum effect and hilarity. When they said Tulsi was coming up next after the commercial break, part of me was like "well, it's smart to do a Fox interview before NH with so many independents possibly watching". 

The interview consisted of her talking about the need for Tom Perez to resign as DNC chair, plus Tulsi complimenting Trump and Republican politicians. At the very end Hannity asked her about her proposed drug policies, and he was yelling "are you going to legalize heroin?!" to her over and over. She never answered and they ended the interview. 

Just a complete disaster. She's such an obvious grifter and the world sucks. 

Bannon was on Maher's show the other day.  He's still toeing the party line.  He is insufferable.  Obviously, he has a high intellect, but he simply would not engage in the conversation as guided by Maher, but just bullied his way through the whole thing.  He's a traitor.

• 7 months later...