Who's been to Gerald J. Ford?

tantric superman

Just now, tantric superman said:

The SMU game is this weekend at 2:30 and I'm taking my 50 something yo wife (driving in from Lake Highlands). Where is the best place to park?  Anything cool going on pregame for surly old men?

Any information is appreciated

Go early. The Boulevard is awesome. Bring adult beverages and walk around. Consider Uber because parking isn't great. You can park on a side street in UP and walk but probably just as easy to ride share. Stadium is not very intimate at all.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, woohorn said:

Can you park at Mockingbird Station Dart lot free and walk? Sounds too good to be true, but DART must have parking there.

It's a little bit of a haul across Central, but doable.  I might consider parking at the Park Lane station and riding down.  Park Lane doesn't share its parking with retail and other like minded football fans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Go early. The Boulevard is awesome. Bring adult beverages and walk around. Consider Uber because parking isn't great. You can park on a side street in UP and walk but probably just as easy to ride share. Stadium is not very intimate at all.

Sometimes you gotta make your own intimacy 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

Historically the police in the park cities are more concerned about someone hauling around dead hookers.  Well, at least since the late 80s.

For Park Citizens, probably true.  Soon as they see your DL addy from some trashier locale, you might be in for a Bubba's dinner at the hoosegow.

But, more seriously, unless you go Mockingbird west or Hillcrest north because you like traffic, you aren't gonna be in the Park Cities long.

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 hour ago, tantric superman said:

Wife won't drink much.  Wife fears and distrusts Uber. 

Can you walk around with a can of beer or do you need to pour it into a cup?

What’s wrong with your wife? She obviously has poor taste in men, but why the fuck is she scared of Uber? Austin city council member?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I took my Series 7 exam on the SMU campus back in 1987.  The night before I walked over to the 7-11 to buy a couple of beers to drink in my hotel room.  After a solid 5 minutes of walking back and forth in front of the various coolers I realized the area must be dry.  I was outraged.  

5 hours ago, C-Man said:

What he said and they’re cracking down on parkers who do that. You can try your luck parking in that garage off Airline and SMU Blvd, but if not go somewhere else and Uber

Edited by hpslugga

The train to me makes perfect sense to me but wife would rather park way the fuck up north of campus.

Your wife must be really hot.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, tantric superman said:

The SMU game is this weekend at 2:30 and I'm taking my 50 something yo wife (driving in from Lake Highlands). Where is the best place to park?  Anything cool going on pregame for surly old men?

Any information is appreciated

It's "Gerald R. Ford" and you're old enough to know that. In the future maybe let your wife proof your postings. . .

Went for the first time today. Parked in downtown Plano and had a few beers at Fillmore and hopped on the train. Got off train and had a few more at Trinity Hall. Walked across Central, hit a food truck on Binkley and gratiously accepted a few drinks on the boulevard and then proceeded to watch Buechele break it off in Temple. Thought the stadium would be fuller but had a blast, SMU is fun to watch this year 14ecfb256285cba239e4082201106d3e.jpg

• Like 1

Parked a few blocks north of campus.  Not a problem.

SB can put a touch on that ball. 

Fun game.  Let them into the Big 12.

4 minutes ago, NateHitch said:

Went for the first time today. Parked in downtown Plano and had a few beers at Fillmore and hopped on the train. Got off train and had a few more at Trinity Hall. Walked across Central, hit a food truck on Binkley and gratiously accepted a few drinks on the boulevard and then proceeded to watch Buechele break it off in Temple. Thought the stadium would be fuller but had a blast, SMU is fun to watch this year 14ecfb256285cba239e4082201106d3e.jpg

Thanks to both of you for coming! We need to start filling this stadium up. 

I guess I could actually attend games for a start. 

And @NateHitch - that stadium is about as full as I've seen it sans aggy or Navy coming into town. I know it looks shitty but today was a good turnout by SMU standards. Both lower decks full and plenty on the grass - I've never seen the horseshoe full. 

Edited by ztejas