Pittsburgh @ Syracuse, 6CT ESPN

texifornia

22 minutes ago, texifornia said:

@PittsburghTiger, prediction?

Also, I saw the Pitt campus for the first time when I was up for the WVU game. Really liked it! I'm a sucker for a good urban campus, and Oakland seemed like a fun hood.

This is the only game this year that I will not attend. It's taken too long to get the running game going this year. We lost four offensive linemen, two 1,000-yard rushers and a damn good fullback from last year's offense.

On the plus side we fired horrible Shawn Watson and replaced him with Mark Whipple, a huge upgrade. Last year we couldn't pass to save our lives and this year we can't run.

The defensive line lost its two best linemen, the first in camp and the second in the opener. The kids making plays now are freshmen, redshirt freshmen and sophomores, etc. It's a young team.I think you all will enjoy how aggressive the defensive front has become.

One bad part of being a young team has been the tendency to take some really dumb penalties.

If we can avoid penalties, and turnovers, we should be okay. But of course that works for every team.

Pitt's campus is not awful, for a slightly urban campus. Space it tight and there is way too much traffic. But I liked it. The Cathedral of Learning (my avatar pic) is my favorite building in the world.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

This is the only game this year that I will not attend. It's taken too long to get the running game going this year. We lost four offensive linemen, two 1,000-yard rushers and a damn good fullback from last year's offense.

On the plus side we fired horrible Shawn Watson and replaced him with Mark Whipple, a huge upgrade. Last year we couldn't pass to save our lives and this year we can't run.

The defensive line lost its two best linemen, the first in camp and the second in the opener. The kids making plays now are freshmen, redshirt freshmen and sophomores, etc. It's a young team.I think you all will enjoy how aggressive the defensive front has become.

One bad part of being a young team has been the tendency to take some really dumb penalties.

If we can avoid penalties, and turnovers, we should be okay. But of course that works for every team.

Pitt's campus is not awful, for a slightly urban campus. Space it tight and there is way too much traffic. But I liked it. The Cathedral of Learning (my avatar pic) is my favorite building in the world.

I went to a city school with a small campus too - I like that getting around is easy and you see everyone all the time, while still feeling like a part of the city.

Offense seems to be humming! Dammit I jinxed it

Edited by texifornia

I really don't get what's going on with Syracuse. When Babers left Bowling Green for the job I figured 4 years in and with a different and exciting brand of ball he'd be king of the North and be regularly challenging Clem but it just hasn't happened. He's in a really good recruiting position with lots of good talent available and the school isn't devoid of football history. They've shown flashes at times but just can't seem to get over the hump. And he is a decent human being unlike one of his mentors.