Pittsburgh @ Syracuse, 6CT ESPN

texifornia

2 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

I really don't get what's going on with Syracuse. When Babers left Bowling Green for the job I figured 4 years in and with a different and exciting brand of ball he'd be king of the North and be regularly challenging Clem but it just hasn't happened. He's in a really good recruiting position with lots of good talent available and the school isn't devoid of football history. They've shown flashes at times but just can't seem to get over the hump. And he is a decent human being unlike one of his mentors.

Upstate/Long Island/New England isn't the recruiting ground it used to be. A lot of the kids who used to play football play lacrosse now. And the Big Ten poaches the big Jersey Catholic powerhouses better than Cuse can really hope to do.

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Upstate/Long Island/New England isn't the recruiting ground it used to be. A lot of the kids who used to play football play lacrosse now. And the Big Ten poaches the big Jersey Catholic powerhouses better than Cuse can really hope to do.

Too, I don't know how well Dino recruits. Briles was able to turn 2 and 3 star players into squads that could compete with most anyone when it was working but he worked his butt off finding kids that fit what he wanted to do. Speed, speed, speed at the skill positions, a QB who could follow the plan, road graders for O linemen and fuck it, who needs a defense. That was the plan. Texas high school ball already had some exposure to the hurry-up spread, I don't know how familiar the NE is with it still and if kids just doubt that they could be really successful with it.