Ohio State @ Northwestern, BTN

George Clooney

35 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Ohio State is going to take care of Wisconsin easily. All credit to the latter's defense but you're not going to keep OSU out of the end zone. On the flip side, Ohio State can shut down Taylor for the most part and then you're left with Coan. And that's a losing proposition.

Most Wisco fans I know don't give themselves much of a chance, especially with it at Columbus. It's going to be hyped, and deservedly so, but not many people at all think the Badgers have much of a shot.

8 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Why is Fromm the QB at Georgia rather than Fields?

Fields is so much better than Fromm. 

There was a lot of shit going on with Fields and the bull dawg baseball player (Sasser) at the time Smart made his choice. Those events allowed Fields to get his transfer expedited through the portal. So It wouldn’t be a stretch to believe that those events played into Smarts decision to go with Fromm. 

From a pure football position it is pretty easy to see what both bring to the table. And to this point Fields looks like the far better player. He is an explosive player who appears to be able to handle every throw he needs to make, and runs well. You have to believe Kirby saw this too. 

• Like 1

Oh, I think LSU is there too. But LSU needs to do it for an entire season. Then we can have the conversation if they get into the playoff.

everyone in the conversation needs to do it for an entire season...

but to say OSU at the moment is the best given their utterly putrid schedule is...premature.

they’ve played no one with a pulse.

1 hour ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

giphy.gif

25 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

but to say OSU at the moment is the best given their utterly putrid schedule is...premature.

He didn't say OSU had the best resume. He said he thought they were the best team, which is an entirely reasonable statement. 

10 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Smart is INSANELY conservative as a coach, much to his detriment. He had a guy that worked, and is a boring conservative (meant here in a football sense) coach's idea of a perfect QB - tall, throws a good deep ball given time, etc.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I have to think a lot of it has to do with Ryan Day as well.  He's proving himself to be a very good playcaller and offensive mind, in addition to "coaching em up."  

He didn't say OSU had the best resume. He said he thought they were the best team, which is an entirely reasonable statement. 

and as i stated above, one can’t say they’re the best TEAM until they play someone with a pulse.

adversity determines where a team is any good, not whipping ass over much lesser opponents. for fuck’s sake, their best win to date is against Cincinnati.

how does one even know what type of team they have given that?

OSU is playing the old Baylor formula under Briles, and were it not for their historical status they wouldn’t be near the conversation of best team of 2019.

57 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

Since LSU lost to Alabama, 21-0, in the 2011 title game LSU has not set the world afire in putting themselves in the conversation.

2012: 10-3, lost to Clemson, Alabama & Florida. 

2013: 10-3, lost to Alabama, Ole Miss & UGa

2014: 8-5, lost to ND, Arky, Alabama, AU & Miss. State

2015: 9-3, lost to Ole Miss, Arky & Alabama 

2016: 8-4, lost to UF, Alabama, AU & Wisconsin

2017: 9-4, lost to ND, Alabama,Troy & Miss. State

2018: 10-3, lost to Aggie, Alabama & UF

Perhaps I should have said, until LSU gets by Alabama let's wait and see.

Hell, I have no hatred for LSU. I would root for them against damn near everyone in the country. It's pretty exciting to see LSU with a competent QB. Let's just see what happens.

We will know a lot more Nov. 9.

Edited by PittsburghTiger

1 hour ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

how does one even know what type of team they have given that?

observation?

I mean, I doubt you've watched six seconds of Ohio State play, but do you think people can watch them and determine if they're a good football team?

If they can make that determination, can they make that determination of other teams they've observed?

If they can make those determinations, can they then make comparisons between the teams?

If they can make comparisons, why could they then not say "of the teams I've watched, Ohio State has looked like the best team, adjusting for strength of competition?"

It's not like Ohio State is 7-0 and S&P+ thinks they suck. 

Edited by SwanderedTalent

16 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Ohio State is going to take care of Wisconsin easily. All credit to the latter's defense but you're not going to keep OSU Illinois out of the end zone. On the flip side, Ohio State can shut down Taylor for the most part and then you're left with Coan. And that's a losing proposition.

FIFY ;)