Chad Morris is a Dead Man Walking

Horn Under a Bad Sign

18 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I don’t wanna turn this into a conference realignment thread, but what are thoughts of SMU and Houston joining Big 12?

Yes I know that doesn’t add TV sets. I just think it’s pretty kick ass that I get to go to Amon Carter next week with half burnt orange fans and play against a lot of my graduate friends. I live in Dallas and would have the same scenario at Ford. 

I'd be all for that.

35 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Morris raised the talent level of SMU and lowered it at Arky by accepting Ben Hicks. I don’t get that at all. 

Dykes has done a tremendous job of having transfer success - from Buechele to the line. And, he wants to build a program in Dallas. By all accounts, Sonny wants to make his home here. He’s trying hard to get into DCC, and the support and boosters are coming back. No reason SMU cannot be TCU. 

SMU grad buddy of mine pointed out there are only eight starters who were recruited by Morris on this year's team.

48 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I don’t wanna turn this into a conference realignment thread, but what are thoughts of SMU and Houston joining Big 12?

Yes I know that doesn’t add TV sets. I just think it’s pretty kick ass that I get to go to Amon Carter next week with half burnt orange fans and play against a lot of my graduate friends. I live in Dallas and would have the same scenario at Ford. 

The Big 12 doesn't need to regionalize itself.  Branding occurs outside of the Big 12 footprint.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

i'd rather have Rice than Houston if we're gonna add a school in Houston. 

whynotboth.jpg Seriously, we need teams. The name is Big TWELVE. idc if it's a couple of high schools. Who else are we recruiting/knocking on the door?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

That pretty much verifies that the answer is no.  Sad reality for the better P5 schools

3 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

that's classic.  that might be the worst fake punt ever.  

so now Arky has run the worst fake punt ever and they've been fooled by the greatest punt return trick play ever.

that dude quit football to become a local firefighter.

3 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Fuck Arkansas

and fuck you.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pancho said:

xx.gif
Re: Does Arkansas Football belong in the SEC?
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2019, 08:45:39 am »

the problem being we have a long history of hiring cheap coaches and hoping they work out. BP fell in our laps and showed what Arkansas is capable of . CBB sent long a love letter and Long did do a good study before hiring him. Morris was a high risk hire that can recruit and is still a work in progress . We have to hire better coaches going forward both in Basketball and football. Norvell was my choice but i'm willing to wait and give Morris time with his recruits . Musselman is one I'm high on . i think he will do big things here

Agreed.  Stay in the SEC but we're still cleaning the smell off from Jeff Long and his happy horse shirt.  I really hope Chad and his staff can get the football program on the right track.  I'm not happy yet but he needs this year and at least 2 more.  Texas made a big mistake getting rid of Charlie Strong so early. We don't need to start over again-again yet.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha this asshole clearly does not watch football

here is another dick sucking idiot

xx.gif
Re: Does Arkansas Football belong in the SEC?
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2019, 08:55:25 am »

Here is what is crazy: Texas A&M was nothing in the BIG12. They move to the SEC and everything is on the up and up. I still say they don't belong, but lo and behold they are making a strong claim that they do.

Edit: Oh, let's not forget Missouri winning the East the 2nd year they were in the conference. Missouri was a joke in the BIG12.

Y'all who think Arkansas needs to get out of the SEC are smoking that good good.

Also, football is just one of many sports. I love football, but it doesn't control the entire department.

ip.gif Logged

hahahahaha they were nothing in the Big 12 and moved to the SEC SEC SEC and promptly had their bestest szn in forevAR!!!!

now they are on a medium speed slide to being a steaming pile of new money shit in a conference of trailer dwellers

ans Missouri might lose to Vandy today and again their FIRST TWO SEASONS....meaning playing with players recruited while in the BIG 12
Edited by ButtFumble

Morris raised the talent level of SMU and lowered it at Arky by accepting Ben Hicks. I don’t get that at all. 
Dykes has done a tremendous job of having transfer success - from Buechele to the line. And, he wants to build a program in Dallas. By all accounts, Sonny wants to make his home here. He’s trying hard to get into DCC, and the support and boosters are coming back. No reason SMU cannot be TCU. 
why would Alpo want to be cockroaches?

Half of me wishes the ags had pulled the trigger on this idiot and were regulalry losing to cupcakes like San Jose State and North Texas.

But the other half is pretty amused that the ags paid $75M guaranteed to a has-been that's only slightly better.

Win-win either way I guess.

18 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

i'd rather have Rice than Houston if we're gonna add a school in Houston.  but i don't want to add other Texas schools.  i want to get out and join the Big 10 or PAC 12.  but that's for the thread where talk isn't going away.

I agree, I would love to see Texas play at Ann Arbor, the Horseshoe and Camp Randall every two years.

19 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Fuck UH.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DeadArmadillo said:

Saw something on Twitter about yards gained by SMU vs Temple. Ponies out gained them 400 yards!

Is it safe to say Sonny >>> Chad?

Is Matt Wells looking over his shoulder knowing that if he doesn’t win, his replacement is ready to jump in?

Sonny apparently really, really likes it at SMU.

On 10/19/2019 at 1:42 PM, Dr. Beeper said:

SMU? Eh

Cougar high? Fuck no.