San Antonio Spurs 2019-2020 season thread: Just here for the HEB commercials

Kermit

post game (de)presser: 'that one was for wiley.' - the former mrs  peter holt (the boss lady (speaking quite loudly (addressing no one in particular (holding up a mostly empty 16 oz draft bud lite))))

Edited by LFS

I was flipping back and forth between the spurs and the astros so my attention wasn't great, but a few knee jerk thoughts:

1. Rudy Gay looks fat. The headband may add 10 pounds, but I didn't even recognize him. Marco isn't in great condition either, but Gay has always been thin as a rail. Always great for a guy with a history of leg problems to be lugging around extra weight. 

2. Murray looked really good for a guy who hasn't played in a year. That dude is going to fill up some box scores this season. 

3. Free LW3. No burn at all. 

4. No White and Murray on the court at the same time. Because you wouldn't ever want to put your best defensive backcourt out there to see if they stir some shit up. 

5. Trey Lyles started and played 24 minutes and grabbed 11 boards. Much like the Wiley Peck post, my expectations have already been exceeded for the season. He's going to make me scream at my TV 1000 times this year because of his mind numbing defense, but whatever. 

6. Patty Mills lives in Southtown and likes to visit local coffee shops. 

7. The Knicks are one of the five worst teams in the league. I don't think we learned much last night. Take that for data. 

4 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I was flipping back and forth between the spurs and the astros so my attention wasn't great, but a few knee jerk thoughts:

1. Rudy Gay looks fat. The headband may add 10 pounds, but I didn't even recognize him.

Maybe that's why Zach Randolph always looked fat?

Edited by Hate

I didn't get Fat Rudy vibes at all? Weird reaction to the headband. He looked generally lively, was running the floor well, hustling, didn't really see him get to his mid-range spots though. I saw a couple layups and putbacks, etc. I think the bench can be really good as soon as Lonnie pays his dues or whatever Pop is making him do on the bench instead of Belli.

9 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I'm still in disbelief that Lonnie got no minutes and DW and DJM got no minutes together.  It's like everyone sees the future but Pop.  Struggling with the Knicks into the 4th at home isn't very impressive but a W is a W I guess.  

A W is a W indeed.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/san-antonio-spurs-new-york-knicks-2019022418/

21 minutes ago, Chad said:

That was on the road, but not even the worst Knicks loss of the last 5 years!!!!

This was.  Cost us 3 seeds and an eventual one and done year in Tim's penultimate year.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201503170NYK.html

3 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

That was on the road, but not even the worst Knicks loss of the last 5 years!!!!

This was.  Cost us 3 seeds and an eventual one and done year in Tim's penultimate year.

It was on the road, pitted against a team with an 18 game home losing streak.

3 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

That may have been the worst regular season loss of the Duncan era given all of the implications .  That was painful.

How do they pay the hype squad?  Is it free Whataburger or a beer or 3 Cane's chicken strips?  How much will super ear gauge man have to pay to get his ear lobes surgically repaired?  And someone buy the guy in the white T shirt a sandwich cause he needs to eat.

The only goals I have for these next few weeks is to see DJM and DW and Lonnie all get their minutes to slowly creep up. DJM has been really good, but playing the least amount of minutes of all the starters. Get him closer to 30 minutes a game, hopefully Derrick to 25 minutes/game, then there will be harder for Pop to keep them off the floor at the same time. Lonnie, we can only hope....

At least with Dejounte I understand working back from the injury, but if he can stay rested and forceful for 30+ MPG, imagine those stat lines we'll be seeing. I imagine shit like 25/10/8/4 stls.

Edited by BurdineBandit