San Antonio Spurs 2019-2020 season thread: Just here for the HEB commercials

Kermit

I get that Murray is on a minutes restriction, but you would think that they would maybe spread it out a little so he can finish the game. Ya know... maybe save three of those minutes for when they matter the most? They kind of need both he and White on the court together to get stops down the stretch. If we learned anything from last season it was that they couldn't stay in front of anybody in crunch time. Well that, and we also learned that Derozen is a giant fucking choke. 

2 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I get that Murray is on a minutes restriction, but you would think that they would maybe spread it out a little so he can finish the game. Ya know... maybe save three of those minutes for when they matter the most? They kind of need both he and White on the court together to get stops down the stretch. If we learned anything from last season it was that they couldn't stay in front of anybody in crunch time. Well that, and we also learned that Derozen is a giant fucking choke. 

He still is! Continuity is comforting.

3 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

To be fair, we shouldn't have needed Murray in the last 5 minutes. We should have put the game away. If it's more back and forth during the 4th quarter then Pop might manage his minutes differently. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

To be fair, we shouldn't have needed Murray in the last 5 minutes. We should have put the game away. If it's more back and forth during the 4th quarter then Pop might manage his minutes differently. 

That's true, but he didn't play the last five minutes against Washington and New York either and both of those games were tight all the way through the 4th quarter. 

16 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

That's true, but he didn't play the last five minutes against Washington and New York either and both of those games were tight all the way through the 4th quarter. 

Pop has always played weird lineups early in a season to set up his rotation late in the year. I imagine it'll look nothing like that later in the year. Really wish we could get a better look at walker. He could have learned a lot in a game like this. 

This season is going to be fun if the young guns continue to get their minutes up. DeMar and LaMarcus both choked under the pressure of Dame Time. Guess who didn't? Derrick White. While guarding Dame.

Give it a couple weeks until the doctors clear Dejounte to play closer to 30 minutes a game. Then we'll see more of the DW/DJM lineup we've been wanting to.

10 hours ago, Halohal said:

Team showing greatness, very positive for the season. However, next three games will be a testiment on how the year will play out (clip, warr, la).... Damn I want those loteria cards ☺

Depending on how trusting you are, someone on reddit created a file with them all. I mean, Captain Pussy Beast sounds like he’d be an upright, honest Joe. 

29 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Someone convince me Trey Lyles hasn't been a disaster thus far..... Maybe my questioning him will give him the motivation he needs.

He's a bad defender, both individually and team. However, he's been surprisingly effective on the boards and he hasn't been the brain dead chucker he was purported to be. If he could even be decent defensively, then he has a role on this team.