San Antonio Spurs 2019-2020 season thread: Just here for the HEB commercials

Kermit

Man, fuck this team. Fuck the coach, fuck the players, fuck them all. Goddamn team is a fucking abortion. Can’t even beat one of the shittiest teams in the league when you’re up in the fourth? At home? What are we doing? Continue to play shit players major minutes? Coach turns into Jason Garrett, clapping and smiling and shit when horrible calls affect his team? Fucking hell. 

That loss killed my motivation to watch another Spurs game the rest of the season. What the fuck are they doing? They lost to one of the shittiest teams in the NBA at home when they were in a position to win. The West is down this year too, fucking Memphis is currently the #8 seed with a losing record.

Good to see Forbes come back to life. Well coached in college and in San Antonio. Pop will make him a winner. 

National television for the Spurs next game. ESPN game (you bumped my Nuggets/Rockets game on ESPN). Good luck with Zion. The West is good enough without him, but please wear him out. My Nuggets have him on Friday night.

Go Spurs. Beat New Orleans. 

7 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

Good to see Forbes come back to life. Well coached in college and in San Antonio. Pop will make him a winner. 

I really want to neg this post, but you don't deserve it and it's just a bit too cunty for me to do so.

I almost feel bad for Forbes at this point. He's become the biggest Spur fan whipping boy since Richard Jefferson. It's really through no fault of his own. Pop just keeps fucking playing him on the off chance he's going to go crazy hitting shots like he did in the first half last night. When I predicted he would go scoreless in the second half, it's because he did the exact same thing against Houston about a month ago. Sumbitch was 6-6 from three in the first half and then took the goose egg in the second as the Spurs blew a 25 point lead. Sound familiar? 

The sad part is that by all accounts Forbes should be type of player Spurs fans love -- undrafted, worked on his game to find a spot in the league and ultimately became a starter. But holy fuck is he a beating to watch. I almost threw my remote at the TV when that asshole spazzed out and threw the ball out of bounds and Belineli took that foul trying to save it. It would be one thing if Pop just made him a token starter like Trey Lyles, but gotdamn if he isn't out there trying to check Devin Booker during crunch time. And god bless him, he nailed that 3 in the clutch but watching him get targeted possession after possession on defense, and watching him fail repeatedly to be even a marginally functional defender is painful. Knowing that he is sucking up valuable developmental minutes from Lonnie just makes it that much worse.

On a more positive note, he's moved into my number 3 slot of most hated all-time Spurs behind Jefferson and Sidney Green. So he has that going for him. Which is nice.

• Like 1

My biggest complaint about Forbes is his free throw shooting. How can a guy shoot that well from BTA but choke on so much dick from the foul line? To me, it's a sign of mental weakness.

The rest of his game ... eh, I fault Pop and PATFO for poor roster management. Too many bad contracts, too many aging 30-somethings, not enough athleticism, etc. Those have been SA's biggest issues since before LMA signed, yet the situation has only gotten worse despite the Three Amigos retiring.

I don't fault them for Kawhi. That was a spectacularly unusual situation and a testament to how spoiled modern NBA athletes are. DDR wasn't a good swap but from what's been written, it doesn't sound like they had a lot of options.

Markieff, however? That's totally on management. They naively took Morris on his word and dealt Bertans despite knowing Markieff wasn't 100 percent locked down. After the Kawhi situation, they should've been more cynical.

Anyway, I've wandered way off reservation.

P.S. -- @washparkhorn can derelicte "my nuggets."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

On a more positive note, he's moved into my number 3 slot of most hated all-time Spurs behind Jefferson and Sidney Green. So he has that going for him. Which is nice.

What did Sidney Green ever do to you?  I think you misspelled Austin Daye.  And why no Kawhitter?

On 1/21/2020 at 11:42 AM, Amos Moses said:

What did Sidney Green ever do to you?  I think you misspelled Austin Daye.  And why no Kawhitter?

My Sidney Green hate was/is probably irrational, but I couldn't stand him. He was one of the more frustrating guys ever. Loads of ability, gave zero fucks, acted like a giant bitch trying to pretend that he was playing hard, and didn't even do it in a cool way. He was one of those guys who would make a half hearted effort at a rebound and just throw his hands up like he got fouled or pushed, even though he was completely out of the play. Just a complete backstabbing phony. I fucking hated him.

Kawhi should probably be on the list, but we wouldn't have #5 without him. And say what you will, that motherfucker was great when he played. Of course, the problem was that he wouldn't play. He also was, to a certain extent, the victim of an opportunist family member. Or at least I choose to believe so. He obviously handled his business wrong, but for some reason I just can't hate him like I hate Richard Jefferson or Sidney Green.

And Austin Daye? Did he even play 50 games in a Spurs uniform? I just looked it up -- 40 total games. And you want hear something depressing? Austin Daye's career earnings = $10 million. Jesus.

• Like 1