San Antonio Spurs 2019-2020 season thread: Just here for the HEB commercials

Kermit

11 hours ago, Chad said:

Will he return in time for the playoffs?

As much as I've been shitting on their playoff chances, they somehow are only 2 back in the loss column. Of course, their problem is more about the win column. If they fuck up the next four games, it's curtains: Pacers, @Charlotte, @Brooklyn, @Cleveland. This is their chance to make up some ground. I trust this team as far as I can throw them. They will probably lose those three dog ass road games in as agonizing a way as possible (25 point halftime leads blown, etc.).

They were thin up front to begin with, and with Aldridge out and now Poetl, they are smaller than anyone in the league with the possible exception of Houston. Looking forward to Drew Eubanks carrying the load and Rudy Gay playing the 5. Good luck against Sabonis and Turner tonight.

3 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

As much as I've been shitting on their playoff chances, they somehow are only 2 back in the loss column. Of course, their problem is more about the win column. If they fuck up the next four games, it's curtains: Pacers, @Charlotte, @Brooklyn, @Cleveland. This is their chance to make up some ground. I trust this team as far as I can throw them. They will probably lose those three dog ass road games in as agonizing a way as possible (25 point halftime leads blown, etc.).

They were thin up front to begin with, and with Aldridge out and now Poetl, they are smaller than anyone in the league with the possible exception of Houston. Looking forward to Drew Eubanks carrying the load and Rudy Gay playing the 5. Good luck against Sabonis and Turner tonight.

Don’t forget about Metu. 

I mean, I did. 

8 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I trust this team as far as I can throw them.

You, me and everyone else. Remember when they clobbered the Bucks and Celtics, beat Toronto and still lost to Atlanta immediately after? I don't know what the fuck Pop is doing, he needs to bump Forbes to the bench and stop playing Marco more than 7-8 minutes on any given night the man is a shell of his former self and is hogging up valuable developmental minutes for the young players. I threw the towel in on this season a long time ago, I knew the success would come to an end some day, but how Pop is handling things this season has made it a tough pill to swallow.

37 minutes ago, hornfan785 said:

Lyles is on fire tonight.

Demar is whatever the opposite of "on fire" is. In fact, if he was to have stayed home in containment from a certain virus, the Spurs would've been better off. Just a question, do you think that Rudy Gay will bite on any more Myles Turner three point fakes? 

I fucking hate watching this team. This must be like what "Little" Bill Thompson felt like in Boogie Nights. Every night, some one different is fucking your team. 

I love watching DeMar ball. It is so aesthetically pleasing and doesn't in any way make me wish that Charlize Theron would break her Bud bottle and slice my neck open causing me to bleed out on the floor while she arm wrestles some carnie. 

Edited by Kermit

I remember a time long ago when the Spurs could run intricate sets and almost always get an open shot. Now we have this...monstrosity. DeMar doing his impression of a ball hogging shithead who lacks the one, true skill many NBA players have worked hard to acquire but he can't be bothered with attempting (because he's an asshole), and Patty who has all of a sudden gained the confidence to chuck even more and in one on one situations that he has no hope of sinking because he's a midget. 

I find it hilarious honestly. That the media is trying to paint SAS as a playoff contender. The headline on ESPN before last night's game was that we were gearing up to make a playoff push against the solid Pacers......... hello.... there are no more gears. We're 3-7 in our last 10 and looking no better than we did 3 months ago. The players have been saying that shit too. It's a joke.

It's fucking maddening that Bryn Forbes is getting anything but garbage time minutes on this team. I know that the Spurs suck, but I don't get why they are trying to make it more difficult on themselves than it has to be by playing his ass.

Last night, they go on a 18-4 run to start the fourth quarter to take a 4 point lead. They sub Forbes in for Mills at the 6:43 mark and over the next 2 minutes the Pacers outscore them 9-1. Then they took him out and played pretty much even the rest of the way. That was pretty much ball game. 

I come in peace with a question for y'all about AT&T Center.  I've never been, and it looks like we (me and the fam) are going to the game on Tues.  If the entire upper level is the 200 section, how far up do the decent uppers go?  Haven't decided if I want to drop $500-600 splurging for 4 lowers.  I'd appreciate any info-TIA.

18 hours ago, threesheets said:

I come in peace with a question for y'all about AT&T Center.  I've never been, and it looks like we (me and the fam) are going to the game on Tues.  If the entire upper level is the 200 section, how far up do the decent uppers go?  Haven't decided if I want to drop $500-600 splurging for 4 lowers.  I'd appreciate any info-TIA.

If you've never been, you should probably splurge on the lowers.  There's not really a bad seat in the house, but there's nothing like being closer to the action. 

Although last time we went and sat closer, this asshole kept blocking our view.

rPMcqLx.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, threesheets said:

I sat midway up the highest level, and the view was pretty good. I did not regret getting cheap tickets. Then again, I’m a cheap bastard.

• Like 1