San Antonio Spurs 2019-2020 season thread: Just here for the HEB commercials

Kermit

6 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Are you sure? I thought I read that if a team does make the playoffs, they won't be in the lottery. Not that the Spurs are going to do that, but still.

Nah. They wanted to incentivize winning. We’re in the lottery.

Wow...that’s a powerful statement for him to make. Just from seeing his posts here and on the SA Spurs fan groups on Facebook, Lonnie seems like a pretty damn good person. I sure would like to see him get more playing time as well. He’s a really easy person to cheer for.

• 2 weeks later...

I still remember hearing that the Spurs had won that lottery. I was driving down I35 coming back from San Marcos and couldn’t believe it. We’ve been in the lottery 3 times and we’ve gotten David Robison (1st), Sean Elliott (3rd), and Tim Duncan (1st).

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, Patty is a good dude.  He was an integral part of the second unit in 2014.  I'll never forget seeing him in the preseason in 2014 after he had been relegated to the bench the year before.  He worked his ass off to get into terrific shape and become a contributing member to a title team.  He also seems like a pretty good guy off the court.  I think he'd be a great guy to have a drink with (no homo).  Anyway, congrats to Patty for making a difference.

Patty has grown on me over the years, especially since he became the last vestige of the old guard and assumed a leadership role on the team. Still, there were a lot of times he made me really miss peak Tony Parker.

4 hours ago, F250 said:

Patty has grown on me over the years, especially since he became the last vestige of the old guard and assumed a leadership role on the team. Still, there were a lot of times he made me really miss peak Tony Parker.

I love Patty and I never really liked Tony the person, and I completely agree. TP was an easy guy to take for granted, especially later in his career when he lost some sizzle and replaced it with solid, smart play. 

Down 47-41 at the half. We look pretty rusty but that's no surprise right now, Bucks do too. Marco looks like shit, but at least provides some shooting. Rudy looks like complete dogshit, every play he's been a part of he has failed miserably. Keldon Johnson provides good energy and plays good defense when he's not guarding Giannis, and he's beating our ass and making it look easy-15 points in the first half with 10 minute quarters. It's just a worthless scrimmage but it'll good to have this shitty team back for a short time.