San Antonio Spurs 2019-2020 season thread: Just here for the HEB commercials

Kermit

Ugh. I feel bad for the team. They are clearly not interested in playing this game. You get the sense they wanted a crack at the postseason. 

Oh well. Hopefully some lessons will be learned. I would maybe wonder about a potential Pop departure but I think he's probably having fun with a new crop of talent that has really shown some potential in Orlando. 

Find a gem in the draft, make some smart moves, get some momentum going in the right direction and see if perhaps the most brilliant mind to ever coach the game has one more Finals run stored away for a rainy day.

But I have to say, actually FEELING shit about this team that isn't related to Kawhi bullshit or ripping my hair out watching DeMar and Patty fuck us out of winnable games is refreshing. It feels like I can cheer for us as a basketball team again without a bunch of ulterior what ifs and alternate universes floating around my head.

GSG.

• Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

e4e5c5dd1523eccf5093250e0046f7b4.jpg
Hell of a run.

To put in perspective how nuts that many playoff wins is, that's enough to win 10 NBA championships and some change. The Jordan/Pippen Bulls won 111 playoff games in the 1990s. Thats 59 more than that. 

Over 22 years, 170 averages out to 7.7 wins per season - that's almost averaging a WCF appearance over a span of 22 years. 

Unparalleled greatness in the modern NBA. The only reason we don't own the playoff streak outright is because the other occurrence of 22 straight happened when there were half as many teams or less in the league. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Kermit said:

http://www.tankathon.com

There’s not a single time that I’ve run this simulator that the Spurs don’t pick 11th or worst. It’s either broken, or they’re picking 11th and there’s not a goddamn thing anyone can do about it.

31st time, I got 1.  Had gotten up to 4th a couple of times.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

20 hours ago, Kermit said:

http://www.tankathon.com

There’s not a single time that I’ve run this simulator that the Spurs don’t pick 11th or worst. It’s either broken, or they’re picking 11th and there’s not a goddamn thing anyone can do about it.

Got 2nd the 2nd time i ran it and then the 9th time, too bad this draft is one of the weakest in memory

image.png.c4d43105d8b893cbc8b7df81754fcf08.png

Edited by Michael Knight