San Antonio Spurs 2019-2020 season thread: Just here for the HEB commercials

Kermit

40 minutes ago, miguelito said:

PSA: Free Solo is on the National Geographic channel right now, last 20 minutes.  It starts over again after this.

You could stop wasting your time watching the Spurs live and work to invest in Disney Plus.  You could watch Free Solo at 7am, like I did today.  

Seriously, I was at Hills and Dales and they were about to switch away from Eastern Michigan vs. Pitt for the stupid Spurs game.  I had to protest.  No one should be watching this shit before February. 

Edited by Chico_SA

Between the Spurs, Rangers, Cowboys, and Longhorns I don’t know if my sports apathy has ever been higher. All hope has been taken from me and I don’t have anything to look forward to anymore. I have to resort to cheering against teams I hate as my sports outlet now.

5 minutes ago, Hate said:

Between the Spurs, Rangers, Cowboys, and Longhorns I don’t know if my sports apathy has ever been higher. All hope has been taken from me and I don’t have anything to look forward to anymore. I have to resort to cheering against teams I hate as my sports outlet now.

I’m gonna be rooting like hell for LSU to beat the shit out of OUsucks.

2 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

Here's who we might be interested in drafting,  he's gonna go top 5 tho

https://news4sanantonio.com/sports/spurs-reportedly-been-scouting-maccabi-tel-avivs-deni-avdija

Just watched some highlights. Sign me up right now. He'd look great sitting on the bench next to Lonnie.

• Haha 1

I'm liking this game out of Lonnie.  He's not scoring much but he's active and doing other things.  5 rebounds and an assist.  He needs to be more than just a scorer.  That's how you get on Pop's good side.  Be active as fuck by chasing down rebounds, loose balls, blocking shots, making the extra pass, etc.

After being sort of out of the loop over the last few weeks due to crazy work hours and the holidays, I'm getting caught back up.

Why is Lonnie still only getting 10 minutes/game or so? Is he in Pop's doghouse for some reason? He's looked great tonight, and in the games I've seen him so far this year, he's been a very solid contributor. There's no way he's the 8th or 9th best player on our team, but he's getting that person's minutes.

9 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

After being sort of out of the loop over the last few weeks due to crazy work hours and the holidays, I'm getting caught back up.

Why is Lonnie still only getting 10 minutes/game or so? Is he in Pop's doghouse for some reason? He's looked great tonight, and in the games I've seen him so far this year, he's been a very solid contributor. There's no way he's the 8th or 9th best player on our team, but he's getting that person's minutes.

Pop doesn't like his hair.

9 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Forbes is trash. Dude belongs in the g league. He’s fucking awful. 

He's not terrible but Pop plays him way too many minutes.  He's terrible defensively and sort of a one trick pony.  On a good team, he's a 15 minute bench guy who is the 8/9th guy on the team.  He's Patty..... can't win with two Patty's getting 50 minutes between the 2.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

He's not terrible but Pop plays him way too many minutes.  He's terrible defensively and sort of a one trick pony.  On a good team, he's a 15 minute bench guy who is the 8/9th guy on the team.  He's Patty..... can't win with two Patty's getting 50 minutes between the 2.

He’s awful at any minute allocation. If he can’t hit threes, fuck him. Every team in the league attacks him with great success. Dude is turrible. On a good team he’d be cut. You should be embarrassed (joking) comparing him to Patty, and you know how I feel about Patty.

Hello loss column. Another good opportunity for failure up next. 

And soon - the Nirvana of Tankdom - The Rodeo Road Trip.

Hoping for the big 3-0 before the end of the month.

Edited by LFS

1 hour ago, Kermit said:

It’s going to be a rough month. February 6th is the trade deadline, so maybe there’s hope yet for a quiet surrender and Draft preparations.

We can only hope. Either way, the next 20-ish games through the RRT are going to be brutal. They've had an extremely favorable schedule so far and have only managed a 14-19 record. How many wins do you see here? I think 8 wins out of the next 22 would be a borderline miracle. They could actually go 0-fer the RRT. I don't imagine they will be favored in any of those games.

34 Sat, Jan 4, 2020 8:30p     @ Milwaukee Bucks                
35 Mon, Jan 6, 2020 8:30p       Milwaukee Bucks                
36 Wed, Jan 8, 2020 7:00p     @ Boston Celtics                
37 Fri, Jan 10, 2020 8:00p     @ Memphis Grizzlies                
38 Sun, Jan 12, 2020 6:00p     @ Toronto Raptors                
39 Wed, Jan 15, 2020 7:30p     @ Miami Heat                
40 Fri, Jan 17, 2020 8:30p       Atlanta Hawks                
G Date Start (ET)       Opponent     Tm Opp W L Streak Notes
41 Sun, Jan 19, 2020 3:00p       Miami Heat                
42 Mon, Jan 20, 2020 9:00p     @ Phoenix Suns                
43 Wed, Jan 22, 2020 8:00p     @ New Orleans Pelicans                
44 Fri, Jan 24, 2020 8:30p       Phoenix Suns                
45 Sun, Jan 26, 2020 4:00p       Toronto Raptors                
46 Mon, Jan 27, 2020 8:00p     @ Chicago Bulls                
47 Wed, Jan 29, 2020 8:30p       Utah Jazz                
48 Sat, Feb 1, 2020 9:00p       Charlotte Hornets                
49 Mon, Feb 3, 2020 10:30p     @ Los Angeles Clippers                
50 Tue, Feb 4, 2020 10:30p     @ Los Angeles Lakers                
51 Thu, Feb 6, 2020 10:00p     @ Portland Trail Blazers                
52 Sat, Feb 8, 2020 10:00p     @ Sacramento Kings                
53 Mon, Feb 10, 2020 9:00p     @ Denver Nuggets                
54 Tue, Feb 11, 2020 8:00p     @ Oklahoma City Thunder                
55 Fri, Feb 21, 2020 9:00p     @ Utah Jazz                

DDR, Marco and Patty are popular targets for criticism and rightfully so at times, but the biggest problem with the Spurs this year is Forbes. He's killing the Spurs. Forbes can light it up from the 3 and have a perfect game, yet still barely break even or finish with a negative net rating due to his inability to stop anyone defensively. Pop should experiment with DDR back at his natural 2 and give a guy like Carroll a go at the 3. Lyles has also been a significant part of the problem this season, but the Spurs have no options at the 4. LMA is stuck at the 5 because there is only one other player who can play the position adequately in Jakob. Morris was never going to make or break the team, but I can't help but wonder how much better the Spurs would've been at the 4 with Morris opposed to that shitter Lyles. The Spurs have options to replace Forbes, but outside of making a deal before the deadline there is no way to replace Lyles.

1 hour ago, Chad said:

DDR, Marco and Patty are popular targets for criticism and rightfully so at times, but the biggest problem with the Spurs this year is Forbes. He's killing the Spurs. Forbes can light it up from the 3 and have a perfect game, yet still barely break even or finish with a negative net rating due to his inability to stop anyone defensively. Pop should experiment with DDR back at his natural 2 and give a guy like Carroll a go at the 3. Lyles has also been a significant part of the problem this season, but the Spurs have no options at the 4. LMA is stuck at the 5 because there is only one other player who can play the position adequately in Jakob. Morris was never going to make or break the team, but I can't help but wonder how much better the Spurs would've been at the 4 with Morris opposed to that shitter Lyles. The Spurs have options to replace Forbes, but outside of making a deal before the deadline there is no way to replace Lyles.

The Spurs are a much better team with either Morris or Bertans. Spurs best 5 is DJM, White, LMA, LW4, and DDR, especially if LMA is going to be shooting 3s like this. They would be well served to move DDR for a younger 3 and D dude. A rich man's Avery Bradley.

Edited by Llogg

30 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Beat the Bucks by 22.

come on wtf GIF

And beat the shit out of the Clippers. And come back from god knows how many points and beat the Rockets. And lose by 34 to the Pistons. And lose at home against Cleveland and Atlanta and Memphis on Tony Parker jersey retirement night.

These fucking guys...

I went to a spurs game tonight for the first time since 2016. Yeah we beat the Bucks, so what. The god damn silver dancers were nowhere to be found. Instead they have a bunch of middle school kids dancing around like morons.

What the fuck is this? Is this what happens when you suck? You replace slutty women dancing with middle schoolers? Fuck it, I’m out

• Like 1

Just now, StruggleBus said:

I went to a spurs game tonight for the first time since 2016. Yeah we beat the Bucks, so what. The god damn silver dancers were nowhere to be found. Instead they have a bunch of middle school kids dancing around like morons.

What the fuck is this? Is this what happens when you suck? You replace slutty women dancing with middle schoolers? Fuck it, I’m out

Some of those male dancers are more feminine than the previous all female dance squads.

• Like 1

This is what happens when you get “woke”.

26 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

The too-proud-to-be-strippers-but-too-hot-to-not groups are extinct across NBA arenas as far as I can tell.