OC Wish List

GreenspointTexas

On 10/19/2019 at 8:25 PM, BigHorn'13 said:

You know greenspoint, you just don't understand scheme. 

Besides, it's all the defense's fault anyways. 

I am glad you are moving on from thinking everything will always work so long as you get creative with play calling.

Sure, let’s continue jerking off to all those dope stats we piled up against La Tech, Rice, and Kansas.  And ignore that our offense has been sputtering dogshit against quality opponents. We couldn’t get going against LSU until they started collapsing due to the heat, shitty hydration, and no rest because their offense was scoring so fast.

Let's say we do, do all the geniuses on here realize as long as Herman is coach we are running his power spread from ohio st? So the better question is WHO runs this offense that could be our OC. All this "lets change to the air raid" stuff isn't happening as long as Herman is coach and he will be the HC next season if we are being realistic. 

• Like 2

Let's say we do, do all the geniuses on here realize as long as Herman is coach we are running his power spread from ohio st? So the better question is WHO runs this offense that could be our OC. All this "lets change to the air raid" stuff isn't happening as long as Herman is coach and he will be the HC next season if we are being realistic. 

This. We can dole out cash and fancy titles to get fans excited, but this is Tom Herman's offense. I don't think there will be an OC change at all, and even if there were it wouldn't be far from what's already been established.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have no illusions that it would actually happen, but I wish Herman would take a look at Lashlee. He has experience and success coordinating and calling plays in a power spread and air raid.  Get rid of Mehringer and Warehime, move Beck to wide receiver coach, either move Meekins back to TEs or replace him with a better recruiter. Of course none of that will happen. We will probably get some shit combo of David Beatty or Fedora. And I wouldn't be shocked if he went back to Major, given his tendency to hire from a familiar circle.   

• 3 weeks later...

it dont make a shit which oc we hire when the coach will mack brown his play calls. tonight we move the ball down the field and take the lead and then the d by some miracle gets a stop and we get the ball back and fucking mensa goes away from that and calls a bunch of stinker plays* and punts the ball instead of continuing to run what got us the lead. fucking shit lost the fucking game right there. moron bastard.

*stinker play is what my Uncle Cookie called a dive into the line that gained no yards. oh the pissed him off when DKR would call a stinker play.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

Ok, so knowing that Herman will be here next year who would you want at OC and DC, being realistic.

I'm open to any and all suggestions that can identify their best players and build an identity in the spring.

DC - Mike Macintyre 

OC - Whatever name is on the top of Gundy's "Next OC to hire" list 

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:

Morris is not happening based upon his feud with herman from there G5 coaching days.

Both of them desperately need to bounce back next year.  If Herman has a shitty year next year, he’s on the Charlie Strong path to coaching a JUCO team.

And for all we know, Herman had little say in some of the firings today.  

1 minute ago, TexasMan said:

I want to know how much Joe Brady really is on the table. Is he just using Texas for leverage to get more money out of LSU? Does he really want to get Sam Ehlinger for 1 year? 

But if he really is interested, get him. 

Whatever he does,  the WR's at LSU are wide open, catching in stride, or they are dogs in coverage fighting for everything and catching everything. It's very much like OU. I want that from our OC....among other things. 

Harrell, Morris, and Lashlee are the most obvious options to me. I'd also take a flier on Kirk Ciarrocca at MN, Manning at ISU, and Ludwig at Utah. All of them would likely be hard to pry away. Ciarrocca's been with Fleck a long time. Manning played with Campbell in college and owes his career to him. Ludwig's a Utah lifer back for one year after fleeing Vanderbilt. I think these three have offensive identities that would mesh with the personnel already on campus.