OC Wish List

GreenspointTexas

Tom Herman on Texas OC search: 'Pleased the way that it went'

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Longhorns-football-offensive-coordinator-search-Tom-Herman-Mike-Yurcich-pleased-the-way-that-it-went-Alamo-Bowl-Ohio-State-141141226/  

A comment in article...

Asked if he plans on the Alamo Bowl being the last time he calls plays for the Longhorns, Herman hopes that’s the case.   “I know I was a better head coach when I didn't have that responsibility and I owe it to this program to be the best version of me,” Herman said. “I think just the way I'm wired [not calling plays] works. Some people it works well for, some it doesn't, some have tried it both ways and have fallen in love with one way and not so much the other way.  “I know for me. again, you feel like you've become a jack of all trades and master of none, right?” he added. “I don't ever want to rob Peter to pay Paul and diminish my ability as a head coach to try to be the best offensive play-caller that I can be.

“You never want to say never, but hopefully this will be the last time for a while at least.”

5 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Tom Herman on Texas OC search: 'Pleased the way that it went'

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Longhorns-football-offensive-coordinator-search-Tom-Herman-Mike-Yurcich-pleased-the-way-that-it-went-Alamo-Bowl-Ohio-State-141141226/  

A comment in article...

Asked if he plans on the Alamo Bowl being the last time he calls plays for the Longhorns, Herman hopes that’s the case.   “I know I was a better head coach when I didn't have that responsibility and I owe it to this program to be the best version of me,” Herman said. “I think just the way I'm wired [not calling plays] works. Some people it works well for, some it doesn't, some have tried it both ways and have fallen in love with one way and not so much the other way.  “I know for me. again, you feel like you've become a jack of all trades and master of none, right?” he added. “I don't ever want to rob Peter to pay Paul and diminish my ability as a head coach to try to be the best offensive play-caller that I can be.

“You never want to say never, but hopefully this will be the last time for a while at least.”

What does this mean?