Next Texas Coach

Girdwood

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

These threads are such cancer. Tom is our guy. He needs a better staff around him and he for sure needs a deeper, more experienced roster. But looking at the bigger picture:

• Immediate turn around year 1 in winning a bowl game and going above .500
  • 10 wins in year 2 including a NY6 bowl win (an ass whipping against Georgia) and a win against OU in the Cotton Bowl
  • 5-2 right now in year 3 - with our 2 losses against 2 of the best 5 teams in college football

I get it. He plays games tight that shouldn't be tight. But fuck, he actually wins, and compared to late Mack and Charlie that is a breath of fresh air. 2020 is our year. It always was our year. 2018 and 2019 are building years. We're young and we're banged up this year. Last year we still had Chuckles stink on the roster. Next year if we aren't blowing out shitty teams and finishing at worst 11-1 then maybe we start looking.

But as of now, Tom is doing what he should be. It's amazing how quickly we get spoiled after being such dogshit for so many years. Just win and move on. 10-2 is on the table. B12 title is on the table. Another Sugar Bowl is on the table. 

Hook 'em Horns and let's move on to next week, try and get healthy and fuck up TCU's bitch ass. 

You’re literally on crack. Get off the internet.

• Like 6
  • Fuck You 10

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

These threads are such cancer. Tom is our guy. He needs a better staff around him and he for sure needs a deeper, more experienced roster. But looking at the bigger picture:

• 10 wins in year 2 including a NY6 bowl win (an ass whipping against Georgia) and a win against OU in the Cotton Bowl
  • 5-2 right now in year 3 - with our 2 losses against 2 of the best 5 teams in college football

I get it. He plays games tight that shouldn't be tight. But fuck, he actually wins, and compared to late Mack and Charlie that is a breath of fresh air. 2020 is our year. It always was our year. 2018 and 2019 are building years. We're young and we're banged up this year. Last year we still had Chuckles stink on the roster. Next year if we aren't blowing out shitty teams and finishing at worst 11-1 then maybe we start looking.

But as of now, Tom is doing what he should be. It's amazing how quickly we get spoiled after being such dogshit for so many years. Just win and move on. 10-2 is on the table. B12 title is on the table. Another Sugar Bowl is on the table. 

Hook 'em Horns and let's move on to next week, try and get healthy and fuck up TCU's bitch ass. 

10-2? Where in the hell do you see 10-2 on our remaining schedule? Tech and Baylor will buttfuck this defense. 

• Like 2

Just now, Slade said:

10-2? Where in the hell do you see 10-2 on our remaining schedule? Tech and Baylor will buttfuck this defense. 

We'll see. Depends on what our depth chart looks like and which Texas team shows up. And... which Ehlinger shows up. Because he was terrible today. 

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Nice try.  We're coming for Sonny Dykes!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

We'll see. Depends on what our depth chart looks like and which Texas team shows up. And... which Ehlinger shows up. Because he was terrible today. 

i realize it's kansas, but i don't see how you get "terrible" from 31/44 for 399 yards, 4 tds and 1 pick + 14 carries for 91 yards.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, BigOrange1 said:

i realize it's kansas, but i don't see how you get "terrible" from 31/44 for 399 yards, 4 tds and 1 pick + 14 carries for 91 yards.

Hah. As soon as I typed that I knew I was probably wrong. I guess I focused to much on 3 or 4 bad plays.

You're right. Sam was Sam. He wasnt the issue. 

• Like 2

I can't point to a single game this season where we out-coached the other team. Our defense is terrible and our offense is unreliable for stretches of time. Is Herman better than Strong? Sure. Is he better than Les Miles? Not tonight he wasn't. Is he better than Rhule? It doesn't look like it. He doesn't seem to be in Lincoln Riley's league. K State looks like they hired a good coach too. Hell, Gundy does more with less. Is he better than Patterson? I don't know. There are some good coaches in the Big 12, ours looks below average.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ztejas said:

If he doesn’t address the poor coaching and replace them, he indeed should go. You’re only as good as your weakest point and this program has several that need replacement.  

40 minutes ago, Girdwood said:

Can we please stop hiring from G5 programs???

Why don’t you just find the fucking thread from last year that idiots like bschoolprof, Subliminal and 6thStreet were vomiting on. Tom Herman is the coach of this team and will be for a long ass time. In Tom I trust. Look at the recruiting classes and culture he is creating. We are a banged up team. You will look like a fool like the others. I believe in these players and coaches. I think he will address the defense coordinator position in the offseason. That’s all he needs to touch.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Girdwood said:

I cannot believe anyone is defending him after this shit show. He’s clearly not the guy, he’s Charlie Strong 2.0 but far more arrogant.

I don’t think anyone thinks this outcome is OK but to say he’s not the right guy is stupid.  

A head coach who won't make the necessary changes (see, e.g. Lincoln Riley) to win is going to be Mack Brown level, at best.

Which is pretty good, but not good enough to take the conference away from OU.

The ONLY justification for this is that Herman is relatively inexperienced.  But again, look at little Lincoln Riley.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Agree for the most part.  I'm not going out and buying Sugar Bowl tickets anytime soon.  I'll reserve judgement until I see what he does with Orlando.  A true, intelligent CEO would get rid of this trash.