Next Texas Coach

Girdwood

I have as much fun with the swamp man voice as anyone but Texas fans should probably stop implying Orgeron hasn't become a solid HC.

He and his staff coached circles around Herman and company this year. those were two even teams on the field, the deciding factor was coaching. Texas is going to take a top tier senior QB and a far more experienced squad on the road and find a way to lose to him next year too, because the Texas staff will undoubtedly not change and learn nothing from this season. He has become exactly what Herman hasn't - someone willing to hold himself and his staff to the same standards he demands of his players.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We hired an arrogant head coach with 2 years of experience that was coming off a 4 loss season at a G5 school.  We were scared of missing out on the next Urban Meyer.  The guy was given unlimited resources and was given the option of hiring whomever he wanted.  He brought over most of his G5 coaches and combined them with failed coordinators in Beck and Mehringer.  One whom was fired and the other who was the play caller for the last ranked offense in college football at Rutgers.  All of our coordinators have no fucking business calling plays at a premier program like Texas.  We saw these weaknesses last year and rather than making changes like a good CEO would, he doubled down on them because his ego is too big to admit he was wrong.  If we regress this year, CDC has to step in show Herman what happens to staff that fail miserably at their jobs.  Next year is the make or break year for me with Herman.  The entire roster will be his recruits with a senior QB that will have Heisman potential.  If he cannot win this shit ass conference with his recruits, his coaches, and a senior QB, then he needs to be shown the door.  

Edited by victory88
  • Like 7

Crazy that we had to put up with 10 years of Mack Brown, Charlie Strong, and Tom Herman...because "Class"...and then we're gonna go run down Urban Meyer.  who, to me, is just a slight notch above Sandusky.  

22 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Crazy that we had to put up with 10 years of Mack Brown, Charlie Strong, and Tom Herman...because "Class"...and then we're gonna go run down Urban Meyer.  who, to me, is just a slight notch above Sandusky.  

Urban will be at USC so yeah we aren’t going to get him.  Sucks because we’d actually be back on top for like 4-6 years.

14 hours ago, Bevo VIII said:

Give me Dave Aranda. If he isn’t hired here I guarantee you we will see him somewhere else doing very well as a HC and we will be like “fuck we should have hired him.”

What are his characteristics that would make him a good head coach?  You're a really good coordinator, good at calling plays   So I want to hire you to do a completely different job.  Hope it works out!

The job of a HC is much different than the job of a coordinator.  the HC job first and foremost is to hire good assistants.  Hire assistants so fucking good that everyone wants to poach/promote them, so you have to keep finding and hiring good assistants.  

I would argue the HC main job is evaluating talent and recruiting coaches who are good at evaluating talent and recruiting players. Bonus points if they can also coach.  

What are his characteristics that would make him a good head coach?  You're a really good coordinator, good at calling plays   So I want to hire you to do a completely different job.  Hope it works out!
The job of a HC is much different than the job of a coordinator.  the HC job first and foremost is to hire good assistants.  Hire assistants so fucking good that everyone wants to poach/promote them, so you have to keep finding and hiring good assistants.  
I would argue the HC main job is evaluating talent and recruiting coaches who are good at evaluating talent and recruiting players. Bonus points if they can also coach.  

Yeah keep fucking that he’s a coordinator not a head coach chicken. He’s literally one of the best coaches in the country and he’s be able to assemble a staff here from scratch while not having very much if any carry over like Herman with his lame duck friend hires.

On 10/30/2019 at 11:26 AM, Cajun said:

Dude, if you don't think that aggy came in completely expecting to lose that game in Tuscaloosa then you don't understand aggy.

At all.

The term "mental disadvantage" was invented in College Station brah.

LSU vs Bama is a toss up this year.

Ahem

14 minutes ago, Cajun said:

46-41

Despite Tua being hurt, it looks like Bama D isn't Bama D, unless they are playing Citadel and such. 

Despite 5000 Bama Analysts, they still have relative porus pass defense against teams with decent QBs. For all the bashing of the B12, there are far better QBs here than the sec, and that is what got exposed today. (Of course Lawrence/ Clemson pulled their pants down last year too.)

Bama cannot now come close to their own hype, although EsecPN will work the media hard the next 4 weeks.

Edited by El Squared

18 minutes ago, El Squared said:

Despite Tua being hurt, it looks like Bama D isn't Bama D, unless they are playing Citadel and such. 

Despite 5000 Bama Analysts, they still have relative porus pass defense against teams with decent QBs. For all the bashing of the B12, there are far better QBs here than the sec, and that is what got exposed today. (Of course Lawrence/ Clemson pulled their pants down last year too.)

Bama cannot now come close to their own hype, although EsecPN will work the media hard the next 4 weeks.

My post from page 11...

He's dual enough to beat this Bama team.

He just needs to be effective enough running to get a few first downs where Saban blankets the receivers.  That will happen.

Against the normal Bama D, maybe not, but this ain't the normal Bama D. Not even close.

Edited October 30 by Cajun

5 minutes ago, NowThis said:

the staff of the Utah Utes seems to be under the radar.  Check them out, 10-1, without the greatest talent.  They deserve a serious look.

Whittingham has been at Utah since the early 00s. Guy's not going anywhere but I'd take him and his staff in a heartbeat. At a minimum, try to steal his DC. Granted the defense is Whittingham's but the principles of it are needed. 

On 11/2/2019 at 10:06 PM, Luka Skywalker said:

Urban will be at USC so yeah we aren’t going to get him.  Sucks because we’d actually be back on top for like 4-6 years.

then on probation or have the stink of the scum he recruited to win while he has more "health" problems to "spends time with his family".  Fuck that guy.  Remember - he also hired Mensa and tried to cover up Zach Smith's garbage.  Urban Meyer is Art Briles with more skins on the wall. 

1 minute ago, MIkeHoncho said:

then on probation or have the stink of the scum he recruited to win while he has more "health" problems to "spends time with his family".  Fuck that guy.  Remember - he also hired Mensa and tried to cover up Zach Smith's garbage.  Urban Meyer is Art Briles with more skins on the wall. 

Our coach hired a guy that was involved in a rape cover up....

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2019 at 11:58 AM, Reynolds Woodcock said:

You think Joe Burrow is a "dual threat" quarterback? I mean, he isn't a statue, but he's closer to Jake Fromm than he is Manziel or Baker in my opinion.  

bump

8 rushes for 52 yards half way through the 3rd quarter in a Championship Game.

Edited by Cajun

• 1 year later...
7 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Take a close look at the TV. The 2024 Texas coach will probably be Aranda. 

No way…he’s gonna get swiped up before 2024. And it would t surprise me if he went back to LSU honestly. Baylor is a dead end job, in a dead end conference. 

21 minutes ago, Domedriver said:

Bo Davis when Sark goes to the NFL.

lulz. 

Atlanta Falcons

On February 7, 2017, Sarkisian was hired as offensive coordinator for the Atlanta Falcons, taking over for the recently departed Kyle Shanahan who left to Coach the 49ers. The offense's scoring output, under his guidance, dropped from 33.8 points per game (leading the NFL in 2016) to 22.1 points per game in 2017. In 2018, the offense's scoring improved to 25.9 points per game. On December 31, 2018, he was fired as offensive coordinator.

I dont particularly care where he goes, but my guess is he takes a job polishing Saban's ballsack. If he does a good job with that, maybe Nick lets him play with his toys again.