Next Texas Coach

Girdwood

3 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Chris Peterson has ZERO recruiting connections in Texas. Rhule would be a better candidate you dipshit if we were actually looking. This such a fucking stupid thread

If we were going to ditch Herman, I would not mind hiring Rhule one bit. Dude can fucking coach.

• Like 1

Just now, campcrunk said:

Holy fuck. To the people calling for Meyer, come the fuck on. I'm as pissed about this shitshow as anyone, but this is TEXAS. We do NOT hire coaches who cover up domestic abuse (among other things).

PERIOD.

No shit.  This board spent the entire off-season shitting down Urban's back because of that, and now some have the balls to say we need to hire him.  

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

A head coach who won't make the necessary changes (see, e.g. Lincoln Riley) to win is going to be Mack Brown level, at best.

That means Mack Brown level.  Which is pretty good, but not good enough to take the conference away from OU.

The ONLY justification for this is that Herman is relatively inexperienced.  But again, look at little Lincoln Riley.

Agree 100%. I feel like we'll know a lot more about Herman's future as a coach based on what he does (or, God forbid, doesn't do...) to address the obvious deficiencies on the staff.

2 minutes ago, Girdwood said:

Is it? Last year was fool’s gold just like Charlie’s win over Florida in the sugar bowl. We lose 3 more this year, at least.

It's year three, we're 5-2 with our only losses to top-10 teams. The other Ws have been ugly as sin (bar the G5 teams), but they have been Ws. Charlie got more than 5 wins in a full season ONCE in three years. And finished it up with THAT Texas Bowl.

Dude, lighten up, you'll be a happier person, I promise.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, BigOrange1 said:

also, fuck every single one of you sitting here advocating for urban fucking meyer.  guy is a sack of fuck shit human being and this board has (rightfully) spent the past year + fucking shitting all over him.  now you're sucking his dick?  fuck that.

Truly fucking embarrassing.  We barely beat Kansas. Let’s hire the biggest scum bag in coaching not named Briles.  

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

also, fuck every single one of you sitting here advocating for urban fucking meyer.  guy is a sack of fuck shit human being and this board has (rightfully) spent the past year + fucking shitting all over him.  now you're sucking his dick?  fuck that.

No shit. I'm waiting for Art Briles' name to show up on this thread.

Edited by Radical Larry

7 minutes ago, campcrunk said:

If we were going to ditch Herman, I would not mind hiring Rhule one bit. Dude can fucking coach.

Rhule is legit. I'm not for pulling the trigger on Herman but if it were to happen, Rhule would be a good choice.

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

It's year three, we're 5-2 with our only losses to top-10 teams. The other Ws have been ugly as sin (bar the G5 teams), but they have been Ws. Charlie got more than 5 wins in a full season ONCE in three years. And finished it up with THAT Texas Bowl.

Dude, lighten up, you'll be a happier person, I promise.

Seriously. This is a probably a 3-4 team with Strong at them helm. Maybe even 2-5.

Edited by campcrunk

1 minute ago, Bullneck said:

That was staggeringly stupid.  If the WR doesn't get out of bounds the game is over.  In theory it's a safe play.  In theory.

Lucky the KU DB wasn’t smart enough to jump that. 100% chance the throw would be an out to the short side of the field, obviously to Duv. They were already in chip shot range for Dicker, that extra 6-7 yards was not worth the risk.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, F250 said:

Rhule is legit. I'm not for pulling the trigger on Herman but if it were to happen, Rhule would be a good choice.

Agreed. The Paterno stuff concerns me, though. That, and the fact that I think the NFL is his end goal, so we might not have him for more than a couple of years.

29 minutes ago, Slade said:

10-2? Where in the hell do you see 10-2 on our remaining schedule? Tech and Baylor will buttfuck this defense. 

Have you not watched this team under Herman? No one is going to "buttfuck" this football team. We will play up or down to our opponent. 

Could we lose to Baylor? Sure, but if OU didn't "buttfuck" us, Baylor certainly won't. I don't think Tech even needs to be addressed. 

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Lucky the KU DB wasn’t smart enough to jump that. 100% chance the throw would be an out to the short side of the field, obviously to Duv. They were already in chip shot range for Dicker, that extra 6-7 yards was not worth the risk.

If the DB was in position to jump the route instead of backpedaling, I can guarantee you Sam was instructed to throw the ball 10 feet over his head. 

It was a low risk proposition. If he's wide open a yard from the sideline, throw it, if not chuck it out of bounds. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Herman's team has gotten worse every week this year. It's incredible 

This is my thought.  We looked somewhat competent against LSU, I thought "well out young dbs should get better as they get more experience, and lsu will be the best defense the offense sees  all season.    I was wrong .  Totally expect a loss next week.  

26 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

I can't point to a single game this season where we out-coached the other team. Our defense is terrible and our offense is unreliable for stretches of time. Is Herman better than Strong? Sure. Is he better than Les Miles? Not tonight he wasn't. Is he better than Rhule? It doesn't look like it. He doesn't seem to be in Lincoln Riley's league. K State looks like they hired a good coach too. Hell, Gundy does more with less. Is he better than Patterson? I don't know. There are some good coaches in the Big 12, ours looks below average.

Okay but you have to give him credit for recruiting the players on the field. Coaching is one thing, getting the bodies on campus is another. 

If the DB was in position to jump the route instead of backpedaling, I can guarantee you Sam was instructed to throw the ball 10 feet over his head. 
It was a low risk proposition. If he's wide open a yard from the sideline, throw it, if not chuck it out of bounds. 

Yes. Assuming he doesn’t bobble the snap. Or we don’t have a false start. Or get called for holding. Inexcusably and insanely stupid call.
  • Like 5

25 minutes ago, Girdwood said:

I cannot believe anyone is defending him after this shit show. He’s clearly not the guy, he’s Charlie Strong 2.0 but far more arrogant.

Geez. His actual record is far better than Strong's.

We don't know if Herman is the guy to get us back where we want to be. But you can't fire a guy with his record in Year 3. So buckle up and hope for the best.

• Like 1

Just now, MirrOlure said:

Yes. Assuming he doesn’t bobble the snap. Or we don’t have a false start. Or get called for holding. Inexcusably and insanely stupid call.

I'm out of rep, but this is 100% correct. Not a great decision at all - especially with all the mistakes this team makes.

Just now, MirrOlure said:

Nope, you don't get called for holding when it's a 3 step drop and the ball is out in less than 2 seconds. Also, how many bobbled snaps have we had in shotgun in the last 2 years? 

3 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Bro, you have completely lost sight of reality.

Our DC suck, our OC is bad, our special teams are comical they are so inept. 

Being healthy doesn't fix all those things.

You really need to consider this team is breaking records defensively that coach fucking Potato couldn't accomplish.

Greg Davis offense was better. Greg fucking Davis.

We just gave up nearly 600 yards to Kansas.

Read that very fucking slow.

Six HUNDRED yards to the Kansas Jay Hawks.

We needed a last minute field goal to win.

If you are not deeply troubled by this point with Herman and his entire staff, you don't know shit about football, are living in a delusion or are flat out trolling.

You know it’s a shit thread when this idiot shows up.  

5 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Bro, you have completely lost sight of reality.

Our DC suck, our OC is bad, our special teams are comical they are so inept. 

Being healthy doesn't fix all those things.

You really need to consider this team is breaking records defensively that coach fucking Potato couldn't accomplish.

Greg Davis offense was better. Greg fucking Davis.

We just gave up nearly 600 yards to Kansas.

Read that very fucking slow.

Six HUNDRED yards to the Kansas Jay Hawks.

We needed a last minute field goal to win.

If you are not deeply troubled by this point with Herman and his entire staff, you don't know shit about football, are living in a delusion or are flat out trolling.

Needs to be said again - 600 yards to Kansas

• Like 2