Galindo and Brooks are absolute trash

NorthLoop

We already knew Galindo was, but Ahmad may have outdone him today. Constantly gargling Carters balls and spewing out the absolute dumbest and incorrect argument for every reviewed play. I swear they were trading handjobs with each other every time Kansas made a big play.

And "Duveryay". Jfc Lowell. 

• Like 9

I think this is the first LHN game that I haven’t attended and it was jarring how bad they were. If any other big team had a homer network, the opponents would get treated like shit, but Brooks was treating their QB like Brady - it was absurd.

• Like 1

Brooks was unbearable.  I'm usually one that can tune out whoever is in the booth, but his suck fest for KU is off the charts.  It was so over the top that I thought maybe before the game the producers told him to be more neutral so he turned it up to 11 to remove any doubt.

2 minutes ago, Assman said:

Brooks was unbearable.  I'm usually one that can tune out whoever is in the booth, but his suck fest for KU is off the charts.  It was so over the top that I thought maybe before the game the producers told him to be more neutral so he turned it up to 11 to remove any doubt.

This. 

1 minute ago, Wally Pryor said:

No, he's not.  He sucks.   No useful insights and takes the air right out of the broadcast.

If you think he's good then I can't help you.

it's all opinion. He does know the players on both teams pretty well. Played in the NFL. I'll give him a B as an announcer.

There is no damn way that KU QB is as great as we made him look or Brooks seemed to think he was. If he was that great, how did Kansas lose to Coastal Carolina? Brooks was driving me nuts acting like he was this great player. Carter Stanley is a bad player and so our defense is terrible.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Try the Tennessee Titan announcers before you get too angry about LHN.  It's more annoying to have absolute homers than it is to have giddiness following good plays by massive underdogs, IMO.

What about when the homers get giddy about the underdogs?

• Like 1

LHN likely knows how uniformly despised this team is, but likely out of political correctness they are unwilling to replace them. Nothing else makes sense. There are a lot of much better announcers out here in the Austin market. It’s the usual ridiculousness. 

Alienates the the LHN viewership too, and probably advertisers.

Edited by El Squared

1 minute ago, El Squared said:

LHN likely knows how uniformly despised this team is, but likely out of political correctness they are unwilling to replace them. Nothing else makes sense. There are a lot of much better announcers out here in the Austin market. It’s the usual ridiculousness. 

Alienates the the LHN viewership too. 

Political correctness? WTF are you talking about?

2 minutes ago, El Squared said:

Alienates the the LHN viewership too, and probably advertisers.

Canadian Agree GIF by CBC

1 minute ago, Wally Pryor said:

"Local level good"?  

Sounds like something from a Polonsky PowerPoint deck.   

you really have a nerd dorkish hatred of announcers.  Relax, enjoy the sport. I don't watch games for the announcers and have no idea who the fuck is announcing anyway. Don't miss the game for something so trivial, but that's what dorks do.

19 minutes ago, El Squared said:

Is this really the best LHN can do? 

Why not? What is stopping them from making a change? Did they just suddenly become horrible?

Galindo and Brooks have never really been good, yet here they sit.

I have no idea what the deal with Galindo is. It might just be that he works cheap and LHN is all about low overhead. Brooks is usually pretty decent as a studio guy, but his color work is just brutal.

1 minute ago, VRHorn said:

Look - Brooks said (many times) that Carter was an NFL QB. If he is, that’s an astute observation. If not, it’s Brooks being an idiot. I guess time will tell if the KU QB pipeline to the NFL gains another member.

Carter is not a good college player. TCU dominated him. I could not believe Brooks saying that nonsense. Our defense is trash, that is all there is to it.  Carter is unlikely to ever be a CFL QB much less a NFL one.

21 minutes ago, El Squared said:

Is this really the best LHN can do? 

Why not? What is stopping them from making a change? Did they just suddenly become horrible?

Galindo and Brooks have never really been good, yet here they sit.

They don't want to spend anymore money on this lemon.