Galindo and Brooks are absolute trash

NorthLoop

1 hour ago, NowThis said:

Ahmad is good, the other guy isn't.

Brooks is terrible. Galindo is worse. His use of "PBU" and "TFL" is embarrassing for a professional play-by-play announcer to use.

I was actually wishing we had a Pam Ward/Beth Mowins combo broadcast over these two no-talent assclowns tonight.

16 minutes ago, Sandlot said:

WTF is Brooks supposed to do? Lie and tell  me how great Texas is like my eyes don’t work or something and I’m Ray Charles?

You seem dumb, so I will humor you. He should not say we are great, but he should also not make KU out to be the Patriots.

Were all of those words small enough for you to understand?

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Some of y'all would bitch about having Pat Summerall doing  play-by-play of you having sex with Margot Robbie.

well of course I would bitch.... the broadcast would be over with in 15 seconds.

"Aus97 plunges inside Margot Robbie, 1 pump, 2 pumps...... and hes done.... what a finish!!!!!"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

They don't want to spend anymore money on this lemon.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner. Hardly anyone watches anyway, outside of the two FB games per year and, to a lesser extent, baseball, so there's really no incentive for them to make any kind of change. Especially one that increases costs.

Edited by campcrunk

Brooks spent half the game giggling at the things he was saying.  His laughing was seriously irritating the hell out of me.  I would have made it a drinking game, but I'd be freaking comatose by the third quarter, he was doing it so much.

Edited by TexLonghorn
OTOH, a coma might have been more enjoyable than this game.
  • Like 1

It’s like they want us to hate LHN. The incessant volleyball commercials and nauseating “Rewind” promo adds to the rage. 

I think they could select people at random to do broadcasts- sort of like  jury duty  with the same pay scale -and come up with better than Brooks and Galindo. 

Edited by El Squared

20 minutes ago, Nivek said:

I don’t know why some of you care so much about trivial things when there are actual issues with the team.

Ageee, but they should be pointing out the obvious problems. Stanley hitting a receiver with a defender nowhere near him does not mean he's going to Canton. Williams running through some attempts to pull his flag does not make himthe best player in the country.  Those guys are both very nice players and made some great plays, but our defense played like absolute horsehit....scheme, effort, technique...it's all broken

27 minutes ago, Nivek said:

I don’t know why some of you care so much about trivial things when there are actual issues with the team.

Because when you have to watch shitty play, you'd at least like to have halfway decent announcers...helps the shit sandwich go down easier.

59 minutes ago, El Squared said:

It’s like they want us to hate LHN. The incessant volleyball commercials and nauseating “Rewind” promo adds to the rage. 

I think they could select people at random to do broadcasts- sort of like  jury duty  with the same pay scale -and come up with better than Brooks and Galindo. 

Kind of reminds of some of the programing which was on the old UHF band back in the day,   Or what would become public access when Cable became a standard.  

I hate them because Ahmad gets paid by the word and literally never shuts up. Each has a checklist of cliches they work in each broadcast.

Ahmads run along the lines of mixing various old cliches together, some ice heard of and some just made up like “he’s like a feather in the wind”. “________ is next level”

Galindo tries to channel Stuart Scott using various “hip” pop references constantly while throwing in his own Skip Bayless inspired crap like “DuverYay!” rock me.....buzzer

• Like 1

Just now, Mileslong said:

I hate them because Ahmad gets paid by the word and literally never shuts up. Each has a checklist of cliches they work in each broadcast.

Ahmads run along the lines of mixing various old cliches together, some ice heard of and some just made up like “he’s like a feather in the wind”. “________ is next level”

Galindo tries to channel Stuart Scott using various “hip” pop references constantly while throwing in his own Skip Bayless inspired crap like “DuverYay!” rock me.....buzzer

Pretty much all this.  They both just pollute the broadcast so incessantly, each in his own shitastic way. 

• Like 1

It wasn’t so much the content Brooks was delivering (although his constant sucking off Miles and Carter was an embarrassment), it was the needless giggling like a school girl throughout his analysis.  If you have a point, make it. Don’t try to laugh your way around criticism or excessively fawn over basic execution.

Texas Defense is atrocious. Kansas offense looked great against an atrocious defense. That doesn’t mean KU QB has pro potential, or  Pooka is Barry Sanders reincarnated.

Gallindo is just horrid. Needs to stick to studio shows.

LHN can and should do better.

• Like 1

I thought they did a great job distracting me from the fact that we needed a 3-point jump shot at the buzzer to beat Kansas. 

To be fair, we would be pretty psyched most years at that. This was pretty bad though.

Brooks and that next level shit was a beating. Everything was next level.

Just forgot to tell us that the next level was varsity football.

• Haha 1

I remember the first time I saw Gallindo on TV.  I thought, OK, so either he's an RTF student who won a contest and is going to get some kind of class credit or LHN figured they'd chase the "youth" angle with someone young and edgy.  I never, ever have the sound turned up on LHN. I figure if I know more about football than the talking head on TV I don't need him.  

I see we are giving ex players lots of color and halftime commentary opportunities.  Can not one of them do PBP?  Or can't we find the Craig Way of UT football for TV?  

I would personally like to kick the person who greenlighted him in the crotch.

Edited by Bullneck
  • Like 1

on these lhn broadcast home games galindo and brooks really need to go.

To really make the game enjoyable Mickey Mouse really needs to step things up to the next level by piping in Bob Cole's fantastic stadium announcing with kernkraft 400 on an endless loop under and color comentary by hayden christensen and jar jar binks with that rose star wars bitch on the sidelines.

They are a couple of real chucklefucks. 

Someone needs to have a talk with Galindo about bringing some professionalism to the broadcast. He giggles and screams like a 11 year old girl they pulled from the stands. Also he's not funny and his stupid nicknames are insulting. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bluto said:

Multiple neutral/unaffiliated with UT friends texted me asking wtf with the announcers, and they’re the ones who roll their eyes at me when I bitch about announcers in general

Sounds like your friends suck. Galindo ruins every game in any sport, this is nothing new. Brooks is a good dude but he should stick to MAC & AAC games.

60% of the time it’s garbage all of the time.  

Find a different way to broadcast those games and get rid of the embarrassment. It’s a laughing stock of a network and by the way it’s not that common to have a live game in the channel when you’re considering 24/7 programming. It’s just a stink pile of shit. It ruined the big 12 and we’ve been bad ever since it came on the air. Kill it please.