Galindo and Brooks are absolute trash

NorthLoop

Ageee, but they should be pointing out the obvious problems. Stanley hitting a receiver with a defender nowhere near him does not mean he's going to Canton. Williams running through some attempts to pull his flag does not make himthe best player in the country.  Those guys are both very nice players and made some great plays, but our defense played like absolute horsehit....scheme, effort, technique...it's all broken

They are there to drum up the excitement and to constantly hype the game like most announcers. They hardly ever point out obvious officiating biases or errors and at most call it ‘questionable’ during the game. They should call it a screw job or remark about how fucked up it is when obvious holds or targeting isn’t called correctly still and evenly. They should call out players who beat women, but they don’t. They should have reminded every fan of Baylor and Penn State about the sex abuse, but they do not. They are there to put lipstick on a pig.

Griffin, Dan, Ricky, and Casey (on occasion) are there to add actual analysis and commentary. It’s is why I love watching the games with the former players comments. Casey going off on the arky_Texas bowl game was fantastic.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nivek said:

They are there to drum up the excitement and to constantly hype the game like most announcers. They hardly ever point out obvious officiating biases or errors and at most call it ‘questionable’ during the game. They should call it a screw job or remark about how fucked up it is when obvious holds or targeting isn’t called correctly still and evenly. They should call out players who beat women, but they don’t. They should have reminded every fan of Baylor and Penn State about the sex abuse, but they do not. They are there to put lipstick on a pig.

Griffin, Dan, Ricky, and Casey (on occasion) are there to add actual analysis and commentary. It’s is why I love watching the games with the former players comments. Casey going off on the arky_Texas bowl game was fantastic.

Ahmad is a former player as well...but I guess he's been fully reprogrammed 

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

They are a couple of real chucklefucks. 

Someone needs to have a talk with Galindo about bringing some professionalism to the broadcast. He giggles and screams like a 11 year old girl they pulled from the stands. Also he's not funny and his stupid nicknames are insulting. 

i was *enraged* when he insisted on trying to nickname former basketball player Jonathan Holmes "Johnny Basketball". I mean what the fuck is wrong with you Lowell? Even Lance Blanks was visibly/audibly irritated every time he kept trying to call him that. Galindo is the worst i have ever heard.

• Like 2

Ahmad: "Listen, I used to play football at the University of Texas, and as a former college and pro standout who played here at UT, I can tell you that there is a real brotherhood within this DBU unit and also did i mention that I played college football at the University of Texas."

Lowell: "Zip zop zooey, Devin DuverYay is out here getting swaggy on em!!"

both of you go fuck yourselves.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

Ahmad: "Listen, I used to play football at the University of Texas, and as a former college and pro standout who played here at UT, I can tell you that there is a real brotherhood within this DBU unit and also did i mention that I played college football at the University of Texas."

Lowell: "Zip zop zooey, Devin DuverYay is out here getting swaggy on em!!"

both of you go fuck yourselves.

Brooks: "Zip it up and zip it out"

Galindo: "Zippity doo dah!"

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, GTX Horn said:

My personal favorite was when Kansas kicked it out of bounds and Brooks suggested they were doing it on purpose. I mean, it’s not like we have Devin Hester back there returning kicks.

More like we have Devin the Dude back there returning kicks....or maybe Hester Prynne...

The only time I enjoy Galindo's presence is when Keith and Greg start fucking with him.  

As for the Kansas fellating, I think they were trying to pump a narrative of OMG this Jayhawk team has almost as much talent as OU!!!! to try to distract viewers from the absolute abortion Orlando threw out there.  I think that's why they were giggling so much, they were nervously trying to sell a bullshit line of KU putting half their team in the NFL.  Pump up the other team to make our shit look less shitty.  Classic Mack Browning.

5 hours ago, Stunns38 said:

Brooks was like the Horns last night, reverted back to his suckiness. He started out awful, has gotten a lot better, then was unbearable last night. Galindo is so obvious on his Texas hate. He’s a piece of shit.

Ahmad has always talked a bit too much.  I heard him on some other broadcasts recently (no Galindo) and we wasn't bad at all, just has kind of a high or squeaky voice.

But he and Galindo on the same broadcast bring out the worst in each other.  Word salad diarrhea fight. 

I've never detected any hate from Galindo.  But I do think any and all of them tend to go out of their way not to be too homer-y.

• Like 2

Ahmad is one of those announcers who tries to make some inane point with 14:30 left in the 1Q, and then spends the entire rest of the broadcast hammering you over the head with that point every time he thinks the play on the field just backs up said point; and sometimes even when the play on the field refutes it. It's a beating. 

Edited by Goo Punch

1 minute ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I had a few beers in me but I'm fairly certain Ahmad said last night, "The sky is the ceiling." 

That’s like some sort of Zen koan that you could spend a lifetime contemplating in some sort of isolated mountain compound where they need to permanently ship Galindo, Brooks, and Orlando.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Ahmad has always talked a bit too much.  I heard him on some other broadcasts recently (no Galindo) and we wasn't bad at all, just has kind of a high or squeaky voice.

But he and Galindo on the same broadcast bring out the worst in each other.  Word salad diarrhea fight. 

I've never detected any hate from Galindo.  But I do think any and all of them tend to go out of their way not to be too homer-y.

I wish we had someone who just called the game. No attempts at being the funniest man alive, stories from your playing days or inauthenticity.

• Like 1

The only time I enjoy Galindo's presence is when Keith and Greg start fucking with him.  
As for the Kansas fellating, I think they were trying to pump a narrative of OMG this Jayhawk team has almost as much talent as OU!!!! to try to distract viewers from the absolute abortion Orlando threw out there.  I think that's why they were giggling so much, they were nervously trying to sell a bullshit line of KU putting half their team in the NFL.  Pump up the other team to make our shit look less shitty.  Classic Mack Browning.
naw, they took brown acid

1 hour ago, Spring Branch Horn said:

Saw them in person on Bevo Bvld.   Not the tallest guys in the world

Brooks is great in person, a great longhorn. 

18 minutes ago, NWAustinDude said:

Galindo is herpes. So talentless, childish, and so annoying, he'll never get promoted and we're stuck with him. 

I think we are stuck with him and that is just too bad, he is very childish. It's a shame we do not have a better representative for our AD on the LHN.

On 10/21/2019 at 12:24 AM, Sejjr said:

I mean, we have been wandering the wilderness ever since this fucking "Network" went online. 

Right on. Has nothing at all to do with Mack Brown stealing money from us for several years and letting the program regress, creating a big hole for the next coach(es) to have to dig out of. 

I was at HEB in San Antonio picking up a few things on Saturday before I headed to Austin for the game and a lady noticed my Texas shirt and asked me what time the game was. That woman was Lowell Galindo's aunt oddly enough.  She was a sweet lady though, didn't have the heart to tell her that her nephew is looked down upon by our entire fan base.  

32 minutes ago, justinjc7 said:

I was at HEB in San Antonio picking up a few things on Saturday before I headed to Austin for the game and a lady noticed my Texas shirt and asked me what time the game was. That woman was Lowell Galindo's aunt oddly enough.  She was a sweet lady though, didn't have the heart to tell her that her nephew is looked down upon by our entire fan base.  

Did you asks her how many dicks her nephew sucked in a row to get the job?

• Like 1

I don't particularly like when I'm watching Texas step on its dick and someone like Sean McDonough is having kittens about us losing, but I expect it. When I'm watching our own fucking network, I expect the announcers to be a lot less enthusiastic about the possibility of a Texas loss. 

I have never been one to bash LHN but if that's how this is going to be, then I can't wait for it to collapse, and no I do not give a tin shit about getting our Olympic sports on TV. 

Edited by SwanderedTalent

I watched the game live on bar TVs and didn't have the sound.  I rewatched the fourth quarter yesterday and could not believe how bad Brooks was.  Sounded like he was drunk or on something.  Galindo always sucks so I wasn't surprised by him at all.

1 hour ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I have never been one to bash LHN but if that's how this is going to be, then I can't wait for it to collapse, and no I do not give a tin shit about getting our Olympic sports on TV. 

Well the Olympic sports and other tier III content is the entire point of the network, which is why I was and continue to be amazed that ESPN paid so much money for it.

Edited by Valmy77

On 10/20/2019 at 7:47 PM, Goo Punch said:

Ahmad is one of those announcers who tries to make some inane point with 14:30 left in the 1Q, and then spends the entire rest of the broadcast hammering you over the head with that point every time he thinks the play on the field just backs up said point; and sometimes even when the play on the field refutes it. It's a beating. 

Accurate post is accurate.

Ahmad thinks he's really smart and interesting.

He is not.  He's worse than Galindo imo.

Went to grade school with Ahmad. He was a good dude from a good family so not gonna bag on him. His job was impossible on Saturday. How can you homer it up when the opposing QB looks like the best versions of Payton Manning mixed with Tom Brady against our dog shit defense? 

It's impossible for them to do a good call people would enjoy because that would entail roasting the shit out of the horrible defense and defensive coaching all night. They can't do that on the homer network. The only way they can react to the ass raping of our defense by the Kansas QB was to heap effusive praise upon him. 

Edited by Junior Miller
  • Like 2

On 10/20/2019 at 8:47 PM, Goo Punch said:

Agree here as well.  One of the things I feel like is a clear separation of the top announcers (and analysts) is the ability to really "call" and "analyze" the game as it is happening.  Galindo and Brooks are in the shitty group and you really see it in the fact that they don't have the skill and awareness to deviate from their key storylines that they developed in their production meetings in the days before the game.  Goo said it, they just keep drilling home their pre-planned points and don't even see the actual game and other storylines presenting themselves. 

I think it was last year against ISU and their RB was out for the first half (Montgomery?) and all Lowell and Ahmad could talk about that first half was what a game changer he would be in the second half, look out, etc..Of course he comes in, does nothing and they can't grasp it..  Just continued talk about how he could break out at any moment.

I love to shit on Herbstreit, but he and Fowler (or Gus and Klatt) are top teams for a reason.  They actually call the game, analyze and tell you why the game is shaking out how it is, all while weaving in storylines in a skillful way along with X's and O's.  God forbid Ahmad and Lowell actually recognize that the Texas D was absolutely shitting the bed.  Instead we get broad "Carter Stanley has moxie!  He's tough!  Wow!"  Adds zero value.  Texas fans, who are making up most of the viewers on any LHN game want to hear about Texas.  Good or bad.  If we are winning, gush over us.  If we are sucking, talk about why.  It's simple.  I don't need to hear about Kansas....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Went to grade school with Ahmad. He was a good dude from a good family so not gonna bag on him. His job was impossible on Saturday. How can you homer it up when the opposing QB looks like the best versions of Payton Manning mixed with Tom Brady against our dog shit defense? 

It's impossible for them to do a good call people would enjoy because that would entail roasting the shit out of the horrible defense and defensive coaching all night. They can't do that on the homer network. The only way they can react to the ass raping of our defense by the Kansas QB was to heap effusive praise upon him. 

Easy...You Munson that fucker. Larry Munson stood amongst the greats when it came to two things. First, even when Georgia was about to crush sisters of the poor. He would throw enough bullshit out there that you actually believed they may score a point. Or second, when getting beat he turned into the fan that worried about every possible thing that could go wrong (like the entire fanbase was doing). And spoke as a fan of the team hoping for divine intervention. 

Shame. These days everything (and everyone) has to be polished. Sometimes just being a good fan that speaks from the heart is all the listeners need.

3 hours ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

Easy...You Munson that fucker. Larry Munson stood amongst the greats when it came to two things. First, even when Georgia was about to crush sisters of the poor. He would throw enough bullshit out there that you actually believed they may score a point. Or second, when getting beat he turned into the fan that worried about every possible thing that could go wrong (like the entire fanbase was doing). And spoke as a fan of the team hoping for divine intervention. 

Shame. These days everything (and everyone) has to be polished. Sometimes just being a good fan that speaks from the heart is all the listeners need.

Guarantee the LHN doesn't want them doing that. Every game in every sport that's broadcast on the LHN has similar style of commentating. It's easy to do when the team is great and kicking ass but an impossible job when they're shitting the bed. 

On 10/23/2019 at 2:40 PM, Cajun said:

Accurate post is accurate.

Ahmad thinks he's really smart and interesting.

He is not.  He's worse than Galindo imo.

I think they are both just racing for the bottom.

It’s like what’s worse:  decomposing vomit or feculent pus?

The fact that they are the voice of LHN should make us all commit seppuku.

Edited by El Squared
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

It's impossible for them to do a good call people would enjoy because that would entail roasting the shit out of the horrible defense and defensive coaching all night. They can't do that on the homer network.  

Except that in the LHN post game, former players/analysts were roasting the coaching.  So it's not impossible for them to criticize, they just chose to thrust their tongues directly into the anus of our bruh-hiring HC by lying to us about the NFL prospects of the entire KU roster.  

There are lots of things to fix. This one baffles as there is plenty of “talent” in the market to handle these games. 

I guess they don’t receive an evaluation or it’s done by some rigged survey or self- reflecting horse shit. Difficult to believe LHN mgmt doesn’t know how the serious fans feel about these barking rectums who get more energized by an opponents score than the alleged “home “team. We cannot even market ourselves and our “brand” well. They come across as unprofessional and stupid. Bizarre.

Edited by El Squared