Galindo and Brooks are absolute trash

NorthLoop

On 10/20/2019 at 12:23 PM, Bullneck said:

I remember the first time I saw Gallindo on TV.  I thought, OK, so either he's an RTF student who won a contest and is going to get some kind of class credit or LHN figured they'd chase the "youth" angle with someone young and edgy.  I never, ever have the sound turned up on LHN. I figure if I know more about football than the talking head on TV I don't need him.  

I see we are giving ex players lots of color and halftime commentary opportunities.  Can not one of them do PBP?  Or can't we find the Craig Way of UT football for TV?  

I would personally like to kick the person who greenlighted him in the crotch.

Emmanuel Acho on ESPN2.  Opinions?

4 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Anyone who is critical of the Horns on LHN gets banished by our athletic dept.  It happened to Priest Holmes when he was critical of Mack towards the end.  He roasted the team and that was the last weekend he was on air.

While I am sure most of them don't want to speak terribly ill of the program, Ricky, Acho, and Griffin have all taken pretty massive dumps on the team this season, with no ill effects.  To the extent that happened with Priest, it was probably a Mack thing.

On 10/26/2019 at 9:01 AM, El Squared said:

There are lots of things to fix. This one baffles as there is plenty of “talent” in the market to handle these games. 

I guess they don’t receive an evaluation or it’s done by some rigged survey or self- reflecting horse shit. Difficult to believe LHN mgmt doesn’t know how the serious fans feel about these barking rectums who get more energized by an opponents score than the alleged “home “team. We cannot even market ourselves and our “brand” well. They come across as unprofessional and stupid. Bizarre.

There are surly posters who like Galindo.

3 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

Anyone who is critical of the Horns on LHN gets banished by our athletic dept.  It happened to Priest Holmes when he was critical of Mack towards the end

Probably should have said “anyone who was critical of the Horns on LHN when Mack Brown was here got banished by our athletic dept,” since it only happened when Mack was here.

You may not recall, but Mack Brown is a petty, petty bitch. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Goodman said:

I need names so that we know who to ignore or slap at the next surly race.

Fucking not me.  That fucker is the douchiest homer of a fuck to ever grace my TV.  I MIGHT pick his scrawny dumb ass over Dave Fucking South for biggest homer.  Fuck that fuck.

7 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

Didn’t Mack call Earl in his office and try to slap his peepee for telling the truth? Acho doesn’t work for the LHN so he’s been really critical. Shipley was pretty hard on them too.

He did it to Babers and Brian Jones.

Well documented.

3 hours ago, NTVTXN said:

Fucking not me.  That fucker is the douchiest homer of a fuck to ever grace my TV.  I MIGHT pick his scrawny dumb ass over Dave Fucking South for biggest homer.  Fuck that fuck.

I don't know about "homer".  I've heard Galindo way too many times spunking all over himself when an underdog is using our team as a mop.

Yeah, Babers basically told Mack to go fuck himself.  He annoys me at times, but i'll always respect him for calling Mack on his pussy bullshit.

Of course, there's plenty of muddy water surrounding the story...

https://www.burntorangenation.com/football/2013/10/3/4798586/rod-babers-resignation-mack-brown-texas-football

Edited by Cajun

I just saw this thread and had to laugh out loud. Galindo is an absolute moron. And he is at his worst with the baseball broadcasts. Doesn't the idiot realize he is sitting in the booth with two former pro ballplayers, hell all-stars? Jesus the level of idiocy this guy reaches only pales when compared to that moron on Fox--Joe Buck, who can't shut up. But I hate all broadcasters in general. Last one I truly liked was Vin Scully, gosh what a delight to listen to, even if it meant listening to the dodgers. But heck I used to listen to Dizzy Dean and PeeWee Reese. I have found that listening to classical music, and watching games is a pleasant experience. Try it, especially if Galindo is on.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Lhorn also likes him.

Just let me add I completely agree with the criticisms about mistakes. I've altered my opinion slightly. But I still think he has talent that most people aren't recognizing. He has the look and the voice. The bow tie is irredeemable. #unpopularopinions

Edited by Thetexashammer

5 hours ago, ausjala said:

I just saw this thread and had to laugh out loud. Galindo is an absolute moron. And he is at his worst with the baseball broadcasts. Doesn't the idiot realize he is sitting in the booth with two former pro ballplayers, hell all-stars? Jesus the level of idiocy this guy reaches only pales when compared to that moron on Fox--Joe Buck, who can't shut up. But I hate all broadcasters in general. Last one I truly liked was Vin Scully, gosh what a delight to listen to, even if it meant listening to the dodgers. But heck I used to listen to Dizzy Dean and PeeWee Reese. I have found that listening to classical music, and watching games is a pleasant experience. Try it, especially if Galindo is on.

Thanks for bringing up Dizzy and Pee Wee. Brings back many memories watching Sat  afternoon games with Dad and or Grandfather. "He slud into second" compliments to Dizzy.

Galindo sounds like someone doing play by play of a cricket game, who has never seen or played cricket.

30 minutes ago, EastTexan said:

Thanks for bringing up Dizzy and Pee Wee. Brings back many memories watching Sat  afternoon games with Dad and or Grandfather. "He slud into second" compliments to Dizzy.

"He's kissin' her on th' strikes, and she's kissin' him on th' balls."

Headline: X-Rays of Dean's Head Show Nothing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thetexashammer said:

Just let me add I completely agree with the criticisms about mistakes. I've altered my opinion slightly. But I still think he has talent that most people aren't recognizing. He has the look and the voice. The bow tie is irredeemable. #unpopularopinions

The "look"?

For what, a new member of Rascal Flats?  The remake of Night At The Roxbury?

Jeebus.

2 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

he. fucking. sucks.

1 hour ago, Cajun said:

The "look"?

For what, a new member of Rascal Flats?  The remake of Night At The Roxbury?

Jeebus.

ESPN gave a prominent position to Emmanuel Acho. So yes, Lowell's got what they are looking for.

90% of the crop of announcers are painful to listen to. You have to grade on a very generous scale.

I thought the "duveryay" comment was cringey as fuck. I also think it's the kind of thing that most people think is super duper hilarious.

Edited by Thetexashammer

On 11/3/2019 at 12:08 PM, Nope said:

Galindo goes way out of his way to heap praise on our opponents to avoid the perception that he’s being critical of Texas.

In his defense it's hard to heap praise on a defense that's getting fucked in the ass repeatedly right in front of your eyes. Since he can't bash the shit out of them his alternative choice is to overdo the praise for the team actually performing well. 

The problem isnt the numb nuts in a suit talking about the game. The problem is the numb nuts in burnt orange and white on the field getting their shit pushed in for everyone to see. 

• Like 1

On 11/2/2019 at 6:42 PM, Tex Pete said:

Probably should have said “anyone who was critical of the Horns on LHN when Mack Brown was here got banished by our athletic dept,” since it only happened when Mack was here.

You may not recall, but Mack Brown is a petty, petty bitch. 

This. And Bianco was Mack's pissboy. 

On 11/3/2019 at 12:02 PM, Thetexashammer said:

ESPN gave a prominent position to Emmanuel Acho. So yes, Lowell's got what they are looking for.

90% of the crop of announcers are painful to listen to. You have to grade on a very generous scale.

I thought the "duveryay" comment was cringey as fuck. I also think it's the kind of thing that most people think is super duper hilarious.

Emmanuel Acho played the game, knows what he's talking about, and has chops.

Galindo?

Nope.

Those 90% who are painful to listen to?  97% of them are better than LG.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Playing the game doesn’t mean you actually know enough about what’s going on or that you have a high enough iq to tell anyone about what’s going on. I’m generally a fan of Achos though.

It means you know more than fucking Lowell Galindo.  If all you have is experience and nothing else then you defeat that doucher 1-nil.

7 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

At least we get Pasch and McElroy on the broadcast this weekend.  Very good crew and Luginbill is good on the sidelines as well. 

Just need to figure a way to get Walton in the booth to run amok with Pasch occasionally and we'd be set. 

Fuck that.

Craig Way on the radio call while watching the muted broadcast.

I think it might be Keith Moreland on the color because Roger Wallace, who is also good by the way, will be doing the basketball game at Purdue. 

At least we get Pasch and McElroy on the broadcast this weekend.  Very good crew and Luginbill is good on the sidelines as well. 
Just need to figure a way to get Walton in the booth to run amok with Pasch occasionally and we'd be set. 
McElroy is pretty critical of texas football on ESPNU. I'll be listening to see how he is on the tube.

McElroy is pretty critical of texas football on ESPNU. I'll be listening to see how he is on the tube.

He is a radio guy at best with a co-host for personality. I would like to hear Klatt and Rick Neuheisel together cover games, but that makes too much sense so let’s pick a charming idiot and a less charming idiot sidekick.

He is a radio guy at best with a co-host for personality. I would like to hear Klatt and Rick Neuheisel together cover games, but that makes too much sense so let’s pick a charming idiot and a less charming idiot sidekick.
Klatt with rick would be interesting. I love his show with Childers. Talk about yin and yang.