BJ Foster

Firemans4Horn

1 minute ago, Firemans4Horn said:

I’m assuming he’s hurt. I’m not going to talk bad about the kid but why are our coaches playing him? A healthy walk on is going to provide more than what we’re getting currently. 

BJ has always had two speeds:

1. Killer hit with the possibility of targeting.

2. Burned deep.

He needs to be playing closer to the LOS.  We probably don't have the non-injured personnel to pull that off right now, but it doesn't make it any less true.

He totally gave up on trying to tackle Stanley in the 4th quarter and let him run right by him

he also gave up on a tackle with 2 min left in the game, letting Parchment run another 10-15 yards before being tackled by someone else

his play is absolutely disgraceful and he should absolutely sit. Pathetic

• Fuck You 1

I don’t think it helps that he seems to be the officials’ target (on the Texas team) for “targeting”.  He sat out last year and has been reviewed twice this year?  I’m sure he is playing in pain, but he looks really cautious, almost paranoid, out there.  Not making excuses for the guy, but not unlike an offensive lineman who gets a reputation for holding, I think the officials have him under the microscope and it’s affecting his play as well - 

Edited by Bluemoon3287

He was my favorite defensive player last year, but against OU it was obvious he couldn’t raise one of his arms all the way and it looked like Ceedee Lamb would just run to that side of his body...  I had terrible seats vs KU so I couldn’t see enough to comment.

There’s zero reason for him to be sent out on the field. He’s injured to the point of being ineffective on the field. Someone needs to call the staff out for playing him. I don’t care if he says he’s ok or not. He’s probably going to wind up with surgery at the end of the season.

Yeah it's pretty silly to have a DB out there with a brace that prevents him from putting his arm over his head.

This makes me think that they are, as I've said before, out of healthy DBs that they trust out there to get it done.

If they kept Overshown and BJ on the sidelines because they are dinged up, everyone would be losing their minds when the backup-backups get burned. 

It sucks.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Cashcar said:

He is clearly playing injured and should be sitting, due to what appears to be a pretty painful injury. This is not a guy who avoid contact last year. 

I would save your “disgraceful” commentary for the shitty coaching on D. 

This.  It's obvious he's injured.   This is 100% on the staff for not recognizing what everyone is seeing and dragging him off the field if necessary.  It doesn't seem possible that even a walk on couldn't perform better than a safety playing 50% at best that flat out can't hit.    Greenspoint has idiotic takes, per usual.  

Didn't read past the initial post, but sadly have to agree..he's been a liability on the field our past two games. He needs to get to at least 90% before ever touching the field.

Dude has the potential to be one of the dbu greats, but gotta wonder how bad our back up safties are if the coaches think playing a one armed BJ is the better option.

14 minutes ago, Skipper said:

This.  It's obvious he's injured.   This is 100% on the staff for not recognizing what everyone is seeing and dragging him off the field if necessary.  It doesn't seem possible that even a walk on couldn't perform better than a safety playing 50% at best that flat out can't hit.    Greenspoint has idiotic takes, per usual.  

Watch the play where he tries to stop Stanley on a run by talking to him and the  get back to me. 

Just now, GreenspointTexas said:

Watch the play where he tries to stop Stanley on a run by talking to him and the  get back to me. 

Read my post saying he shouldn't have been on the field injured, period, and get back to me.  Or tell us all how you, great keyboard warrior, would lay the wood to any D1 athlete no matter the injuries and anyone that doesn't is a pussy.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2019 at 10:44 PM, Firemans4Horn said:

I’m assuming he’s hurt. I’m not going to talk bad about the kid but why are our coaches playing him? A healthy walk on is going to provide more than what we’re getting currently. 

Jeff Howe just on radio in last hour mentioned that he hopes BJ doesn't have to play against TCU...

Howe said it would probably be better to hold BJ out at least until K-State game...

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Why does he get on the field? He is a shell of his former self. 

Get out of here with that shit.  His entire fucking shoulder was barely functional to the point that he couldn't lift his arm up for a few weeks.   You try tackling D1 athletes at full speed with a fucked up shoulder.  Coaches have asked him to play injured due to the fucking dire need with all our other safeties being injured.  When he's healthy, he is one of the best players on this team.

Edited by victory88
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...