The worst defense in school history...yet

Pancho

5 minutes ago, Pancho said:

People feel the need to keep updating that Charlie strong thread.

Yeah, so?

Charlie had a much worse win-loss record at Texas than Herman. So, however nonplussed we are at the Kansas game, we aren't going to start pining for the good old days of Charlie. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Yeah, after that Sugar Bowl win, we really fucked Charlie over something fierce.

Tom’s worst day (season) is light years ahead of that fool. Charlie’s about to get fired from a fucking high school conference. I guess they are racist too.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

Or has to get the referee to tell him he should accept a penalty.

Let me know when you see any difference from the garbage Charlie put out there to what we’re seeing now. Sporadic offense, horrible defense, horrible special teams. Hell, a pop Warner team does a better job of taking good angles and actually tackling people the right way.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Real talk. This team looks exactly like a Charlie Strong coached team. Mind you the arrogant no it all Tom Herman is in year 3 as opposed to year 2.

Edited by Sandlot
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Sandlot said:

Real talk. This team looks exactly like a Charlie Strong coached team. Mind you the arrogant no it all Tom Herman is in year 3 as opposed to year 2.

Except for the part where they managed to win.

Definitely an ugly win, but our overall record at this point beats anything Charlie ever did. 

4 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

What’s the point here? There are plenty of threads bashing Orlando all over the place and Charlie was the worst Texas coach of all time. If they are still posting about him in 20 years then you may have something but right now shut the fuck up.

Pointless shit stirring is pointless.

Pointless race baiting

• Like 8

3 hours ago, VRHorn said:

Yeah, after that Sugar Bowl win, we really fucked Charlie over something fierce.

Tom’s worst day (season) is light years ahead of that fool. Charlie’s about to get fired from a fucking high school conference. I guess they are racist too.

FF2-D3-A6-D-80-A7-425-F-9-E38-340794-D22

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Tired Horn said:

Yeah, so?

Charlie had a much worse win-loss record at Texas than Herman. So, however nonplussed we are at the Kansas game, we aren't going to start pining for the good old days of Charlie. 

Pos rep for correct use of "nonplussed."

• Like 1

Let me know when you see any difference from the garbage Charlie put out there to what we’re seeing now. Sporadic offense, horrible defense, horrible special teams. Hell, a pop Warner team does a better job of taking good angles and actually tackling people the right way.

You are really comparing this offense to the shit Charlie rolled out with a new OC every year? Right now texas is ninth is scoring average in the nation, in Charlie’s first year we were 107th, his next year it was 83rd. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Let me know when a Herman coached team fucks up a coin toss. Then we can begin comparing the two.  

I’ll answer that:

The Maryland game, year 1, we fucked us the toss, but the ref asked further questions and explained some shit and bailed our player out of giving the ball away both halves.

Know what that says about Herman?  Fucking nothing, because HC’s don’t give special whiteboard scheming sessions to the coin toss calling player.  And no, in no way am I saying that Herman is as bad or worse than Strong.  Just give better examples.  There are plenty.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sandlot said:

Not even fucking close. Strong’s team would just lay down and die when faced with any sort of challenge.

Herman’s teams fight back. You also have a lot of injuries.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Why do all the black posters on this site still carry Charlie’s water?

Who is carrying Strong's water? Our defense looks like shit. That's not debatable. This defense could easily end up as the worst in school history. We just got our asses handed to us by the lowest scoring team in the conference. We seem to be getting worse each week and that has nothing to do with Strong.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, scottsins said:

I’ll answer that:

The Maryland game, year 1, we fucked us the toss, but the ref asked further questions and explained some shit and bailed our player out of giving the ball away both halves.

Know what that says about Herman?  Fucking nothing, because HC’s don’t give special whiteboard scheming sessions to the coin toss calling player.  And no, in no way am I saying that Herman is as bad or worse than Strong.  Just give better examples.  There are plenty.

I’ve largely blocked the Maryland games out of my brain, so I’ll take the L on that. If only I could block out the entirety of Strongs time here, I’d be doing alright. 

Now we can discuss which coach doesn’t lose to Kansas, and which coach had to have the effect of basic penalties explained in detail to him. Then explained again because he didn’t get it right.  

6 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

Who is carrying Strong's water? Our defense looks like shit. That's not debatable. This defense could easily end up as the worst in school history. We just got our asses handed to us by the lowest scoring team in the conference. We seem to be getting worse each week and that has nothing to do with Strong.

No shit. So why does this thread exist?

10 hours ago, Sandlot said:

Things aren't ideal but if you don't think it's better under Herman than it was under Charlie, I don't know what to tell you other than you're wrong. As somebody else said, Charlie is about to get fired by a G5 school where part of his salary is being paid by Texas. He's an abysmal head coach.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

/justalittleracist.gif

Which is what OP was looking for.  Potato isn’t gone because he was black, more because of the abject failure of a coach he was here, and at his current stop. Let’s not forget the fuck you he left us on his way out with payment arrangements on his current contract.  Herman gets plenty of flak here as well, and if he has a stroke or gets dementia and suddenly sucks as bad as Strong, he will get the same treatment. 

Things aren't ideal but if you don't think it's better under Herman than it was under Charlie, I don't know what to tell you other than you're wrong. As somebody else said, Charlie is about to get fired by a G5 school where part of his salary is being paid by Texas. He's an abysmal head coach.
next stop for charlie, FSU!

Just now, Bozo_Casanova said:

You don’t think the worst defense in school history is worth a thread on the football board? And your proposed alternative is to continue updating the thread about the coach from 3 years ago?

Am I on fucking crazy pills? What in the wide world of fuck is going on here?

fuck.

• Like 1

It’s fair to say this Defense is Charlie Strong bad, but the offense looks like a Saban run team compared to the O potato Case and Swoops rolled out there.  At least the unit the Head Coach is know for is actually producing, again unlike Chuck. 

there are no comparisons worth making. Unfortunately for Red, unlike Todd, Chuck wasn’t hired as a coordinator. 

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

What does Charlie getting fired have to do with the fact that there’s really not any significant difference in what we’re seeing from Herman other than the fact that he’s benefiting from an experienced QB? I see the same mediocrity from Herman right down to horrible coaching decisions. Offense sporadic and leads the conference in sacks allowed. Horrible defense which is on pace to be the WORST Texas defense ever, and horrible special teams. And how many times is the supposed genius going to keep going for it on 4th down and leaving points on the field.?

Edited by Sandlot
  • Fuck You 1