The worst defense in school history...yet

Pancho

Why are we talking about Charlie Strong? He's gone. Mr Irrelevant here, IMO. Dude never crosses my mind anymore.

As for the point that we had many of the same issues on defense when we were healthy, it bears remembering that the healthy starters were inexperienced. Anyone who thought losing 8-9 starters off last year's team wasn't going to have some missteps was too optimistic. Drink the Kool-Aid at your own risk.

I also don't subscribe to the 4 & 5 star comments that if they knew how to tackle and take proper angles in high school means they've regressed at Texas. Comparing any high school level of play to D-1 football is silly. Many of our players made plays at the high school level because of their superior athletic ability. Should they be "coached up" here? Absolutely. And it's fair to question our coaches based on the dismal performances of late. But I don't think it's right to not hold these players accountable also.

3 hours ago, BornOrange1955 said:

Why are we talking about Charlie Strong? He's gone. Mr Irrelevant here, IMO. Dude never crosses my mind anymore.

As for the point that we had many of the same issues on defense when we were healthy, it bears remembering that the healthy starters were inexperienced. Anyone who thought losing 8-9 starters off last year's team wasn't going to have some missteps was too optimistic. Drink the Kool-Aid at your own risk.

I also don't subscribe to the 4 & 5 star comments that if they knew how to tackle and take proper angles in high school means they've regressed at Texas. Comparing any high school level of play to D-1 football is silly. Many of our players made plays at the high school level because of their superior athletic ability. Should they be "coached up" here? Absolutely. And it's fair to question our coaches based on the dismal performances of late. But I don't think it's right to not hold these players accountable also.

Except today.