The worst defense in school history...yet

Pancho

2 minutes ago, Sandlot said:

What does Charlie getting fired have to do with the fact that there’s really not any significant difference in what we’re seeing from Herman other than the fact that he’s benefiting from a experienced QB. I see the same mediocrity from Herman right down to horrible coaching decisions. Offense sporadic and leads the conference in sacks allowed. Horrible defense which is on pace to be the WORST Texas defense ever, and horrible special teams. And how many times is the supposed genius going to keep going for it on 4th down and leaving points on the field.?

Again, Herman can do better. (I hope.) But he's light years better than Charlie Strong. I really didn't think that was remotely debatable.

20 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Am I on fucking crazy pills? What in the wide world of fuck is going on here?

fuck.

You know you don't actually have to read this thread.

For the record, Herman is clearly a better coach than Strong and our team is clearly better overall now than it was three years ago. No one is arguing otherwise. That said, I believe the point the OP was making is that we have a fairly active thread on what a retard Strong is nearly three years after he left. Meanwhile, our current coach is putting out a product that is just as bad on one side of the ball (two if we count special teams, notwithstanding the two blocks against Kansas - how are we dead last in punt yards?). When Strong's teams made the same mistakes over and over, it's because he's dumb. When Herman's teams make the same mistakes over and over its because his assistants are letting him down or they are playing down to the competition. So Strong is a retarded moron whereas Herman needs to fire some assistants. And pointing that out is considered carrying Strong's water.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sandlot said:

What does Charlie getting fired have to do with the fact that there’s really not any significant difference in what we’re seeing from Herman other than the fact that he’s benefiting from a experienced QB. I see the same mediocrity from Herman right down to horrible coaching decisions. Offense sporadic and leads the conference in sacks allowed. Horrible defense which is on pace to be the WORST Texas defense ever, and horrible special teams. And how many times is the supposed genius going to keep going for it on 4th down and leaving points on the field.?

You are seeing what you want to see, which is what Charlie apologists do.

If Herman had shit the bed in Year 1, it would have been "see, it wasn't Charlie's fault we were so terrible in 2016!"

If Herman had won the Big 12, it would have been "see, the cake WAS baked!"

As it is, Herman improved the product on the field incrementally for two years running, so the Charlie apologists had to sulk and bide their time. We have clearly regressed in Year 3, mostly on the defensive side, so the Strong dipshits finally think they have something to crow about.

Because it's America Current Year so people get their enjoyment out of validation. Thank God we're playing like shit so I can passively aggressively snark at people who make fun of the fucking dumbass who couldn't make a bowl game back to back years as the head coach at Texas. 

There's their silver lining. We may be playing like shit, but at least I can white knight for Charlie Strong. 

Edited by SwanderedTalent
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Texasrocks said:

For the record, Herman is clearly a better coach than Strong and our team is clearly better overall now than it was three years ago. No one is arguing otherwise. That said, I believe the point the OP was making is that we have a fairly active thread on what a retard Strong is nearly three years after he left. Meanwhile, our current coach is putting out a product that is just as bad on one side of the ball (two if we count special teams, notwithstanding the two blocks against Kansas - how are we dead last in punt yards?). When Strong's teams made the same mistakes over and over, it's because he's dumb. When Herman's teams make the same mistakes over and over its because his assistants are letting him down or they are playing down to the competition. So Strong is a retarded moron whereas Herman needs to fire some assistants. And pointing that out is considered carrying Strong's water.

1) it’s a sparsely trafficked (it’s rarely on the first page) schadenfreude thread pointing out how much he sucks right now, week after week of his new team shitting the bed in new and creative ways.

2) we’re ripping Herman’s shit a part in multiple threads in every conceivable way possible. Rightfully questioning everything about him as a coach. But yeah, we’re totally letting him off the hook.

3) Pancho was hammered and made an incredibly bitchass thread and he knows it. He did it because he feels Charlie was mistreated here when in fact most fans were making every excuse possible for his ineptitude here up until Kansas and even afterwards had to drop the “but he’s a good man” qualifier when stating very obvious things (he was a fucking idiot and a horrible coach).

4) this thread ain’t about a historically shitty defense. It’s about Pancho’s swollen pussy.

• Like 3

If Herman had shit the bed in Year 1, it would have been "see, it wasn't Charlie's fault we were so terrible in 2016!"
As it is, Herman improved the product on the field incrementally for two years running, so the Charlie apologists had to sulk and bide their time. We have clearly regressed in Year 3, mostly on the defensive side, so the Strong dipshits finally think they have something to crow about.
Because it's America Current Year so people get their enjoyment out of validation. Thank God we're playing like shit so I can passively aggressively snark at people who make fun of the fucking dumbass who couldn't make a bowl game back to back years as the head coach at Texas. 
There's their silver lining. We may be playing like shit, but at least I can white knight for Charlie Strong. 
very racist
  • Like 1

The most disturbing part of our defense is how people were so eager to defend Orlando before last night. What's the excuse you'd hear? Texas played 3 of the top 10 offenses in the country so cut them some slack. Are you kidding me? Only 1 of those teams got more yards on us than Kansas and it was LSU. Even then Kansas was 5 yards away from being number 1! What the fuck! The tackling was terrible. The schemes were terrible. 11 teams in FBS have given up more yards per game than us.

Why not both?

Charlie Strong was the worst coach here ever and this year's Herman team is playing way below where they should be and if we did not have Ellinger would be on par record wise with  CS era team.

We have a damned tackling epidemic where arms and hands are not brought to the tackle.

1 hour ago, Stunns38 said:

Be real, any coach would have taken that arrangement. That’s what good agents negotiate.

Sumlin didn’t fuck over aggy when he left. They owed him his entire lot in 60 days.    But I agree, it was the “smart” thing to do. It’s also a fuck you, for which we should return to him. So fuck you chuck for setting us back a half a decade with your inability to coach, and a second fuck you for you backhanded bullshit once you left. 

Why do all the black posters on this site still carry Charlie’s water?

Da fuq you mean? I stopped supporting Cholly after Kansas. If not before(too much Jim), can’t remember.

And if TH doesn’t fix his shit, he is dumber than Cholly. Because he saw the mistakes and was still too dumb to fix.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

2 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

The irony. I guess I can’t believe my lying eyes. Bottom line is, let’s hold EVERYONE to the same standards. No honest, objective,  person can watch this team and say that it doesn’t look EXACTLY like a Charlie Strong coached team. Again, where’s the lie? Inconsistent offense with no imagination the only adjustments that are made is to go uptempo. Historically horrible defense, Pop Warner teams take better angles and tackle better than them. And a special teams unit in which the players don’t even know how to field a punt or kickoff. Facts.

Edited by Sandlot

39 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Da fuq you mean? I stopped supporting Cholly after Kansas. If not before(too much Jim), can’t remember.

And if TH doesn’t fix his shit, he is dumber than Cholly. Because he saw the mistakes and was still too dumb to fix.

What the fuck with this cholly shit? You a white hood wearing aggy?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tired Horn said:

Yeah, so?

Charlie had a much worse win-loss record at Texas than Herman. 

No shit.

You wanna know one difference b/t Herman and Charlie?

Herman didn't lose to Kansas. Close, but he didn't lose. 

Yeah, it was an ugly but some of you slack-jawed faggots don't deserve to be Horn fans. Just my opinion. 

What the fuck with this cholly shit? You a white hood wearing aggy?

No dumbass, I’m a hood wearing Longhorn.

Who grew up with family members who enunciate the name Charlie as ‘Cholly’. Folks are who survived segregation/integration. So take whatever chickenshit point you thought you could make and shove it up your candy ass.
  • Like 8

30 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

No dumbass, I’m a hood wearing Longhorn.

Who grew up with family members who enunciate the name Charlie as ‘Cholly’. Folks are who survived segregation/integration. So take whatever chickenshit point you thought you could make and shove it up your candy ass.

Oops...I’m a dumbass.

It was the aggy preferred name for strong. I probably need to take a break from the internet.

• Like 1

The most disturbing part of our defense is how people were so eager to defend Orlando before last night. What's the excuse you'd hear? Texas played 3 of the top 10 offenses in the country so cut them some slack. Are you kidding me? Only 1 of those teams got more yards on us than Kansas and it was LSU. Even then Kansas was 5 yards away from being number 1! What the fuck! The tackling was terrible. The schemes were terrible. 11 teams in FBS have given up more yards per game than us.

Again, defense had SIX starters out. At the end of the game a walk on and a true freshman playing his first game were on the field. If everyone was healthy they would look a lot better

1 minute ago, Mileslong said:

Again, defense had SIX starters out. At the end of the game a walk on and a true freshman playing his first game were on the field. If everyone was healthy they would look a lot better

The defense has been letting teams drive up and down the field all year, healthy or not. Only team we really stopped was Rice.

37 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

A Charlie Strong coached Texas team was never 5-2.  He fucking lost more games than he won every single year here.  Herman won 10 games last year, and even if we underachieve the rest of this season it would still probably be 8 wins worst case scenario.  You’re basically arguing that 5 = 9.

At this point of the season, Charlie was 3-4 in 2014, 2015, and 2016.  Shit was bleak.

This ain't the prettiest 5-2 in the world, but it's still 5-2, and the negative nancys are confounded why the rest of us aren't standing on a cliffs edge with them.

4 hours ago, Texasrocks said:

It's really quite simple:

Strong 16-21 (.432) -- 1 bowl appearance, one of the worst offensive performances in school history

Herman 22-12 (.647) -- 2 bowl wins, including Sugar Bowl over Georgia and is one win away from clinching a third bowl appearance

Edited by C-Man
  • Like 1

It really demonstrates the sad state of affairs in Longhorn football when a 5-2 record and a 2 point win over Kansas are a cause for celebration. I’m beginning to realize that I will probably never be able to celebrate a conference championship, much less a national championship during what’s left of my lifetime.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

At this point of the season, Charlie was 3-4 in 2014, 2015, and 2016.  Shit was bleak.

This ain't the prettiest 5-2 in the world, but it's still 5-2, and the negative nancys are confounded why the rest of us aren't standing on a cliffs edge with them.

Negative nancys? I’ll bet you’re one helluva den mother 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mileslong said:

There would be a tremendous amount of sympathy for therm's friends and family setup if he wasn't an arrogant passive-aggressive bitch when things aren't going to plan.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

It really demonstrates the sad state of affairs in Longhorn football when a 5-2 record and a 2 point win over Kansas are a cause for celebration. I’m beginning to realize that I will probably ever be able to celebrate a conference championship, much less a national championship during what’s left of my lifetime.

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

It's really quite simple:

Strong 16-21 (.432) -- 1 bowl appearance, one of the worst offensive performances in school history

Herman 22-12 (.647) -- 2 bowl wins, including Sugar Bowl over Georgia and is one win away from clinching a third bowl appearance

Somewhere in these 2 posts lies the dichotomy of the surl: glass 1/3rd full or glass 1/3rd empty.

2 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

It really demonstrates the sad state of affairs in Longhorn football when a 5-2 record and a 2 point win over Kansas are a cause for celebration. I’m beginning to realize that I will probably never be able to celebrate a conference championship, much less a national championship during what’s left of my lifetime.

This isn't about where we believe we should always be as a football program. This is about understanding where we have come from. If we were still coming off of the Colt era, this would be a huge disappointment. But this is the third year removed from the worst 3 year stretch in program history. We beat Kansas by 7 last year with more experienced players and a relatively healthy roster, and if not for a clutch pick by McCulloch in the redzone, it is probably closer. We then lose in the Big 12 title game, then beat Georgia.

We're still winning. It's concerning, but the world hasn't come crashing down yet. Hopefully this game was embarrassing enough to demand change without having to really pay for it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Somewhere in these 2 posts lies the dichotomy of the surl: glass 1/3rd full or glass 1/3rd empty.

Again, it's not good enough but I'm simply trying to point out real numbers to people saying Tom Herman is doing exactly what Strong did.

4 hours ago, Mileslong said:

But they should all know Football 101 which covers  the fundamentals of tackling.  Four or Five star recruits shouldn’t have to be retaught how to tackle or take angles.   Unless they are being untaught by Third and Orlando and his staff to do what they’ve been doing.   Not out of the question with this.  

21 hours ago, Pancho said:

People feel the need to keep updating that Charlie strong thread.

Can we be pissed at the state of our defense while still being glad we won last night and that that fucking clown Charlie Strong is dismantling someone else’s football program?

• Like 2

CS is ancient history. we need to focus on the New Potato and get him upgraded.

Unclear why we cannot change personnel when they are not performing, ....at least to middle of the B12 pack standard.

That’s not asking too much for the paycheck he draws. As to injuries, yes very unfortunate but when folks were healthy we still had most of the same issues.

TH needs to get serious about his staff,  there are some very good coaches in this league and we are extremely vulnerable.

Edited by El Squared

The missed tackles and poor effort are inexcusable. Plain and simple. If you’re going to fuck up, do it full speed and knock the shit out of someone in the other teams jersey. This pussy footing around with guys that are standing still or close to the side line should have already been addressed.

6 hours ago, bigcigar said:

Oops...I’m a dumbass.

It was the aggy preferred name for strong. I probably need to take a break from the internet.

Dude, you had the story right.  Aggy used it as a slur. Brothahorn is allowed to use it if he wants.  As a white male, it makes me cringe tbh.