2019 World Series: Houston Astros vs. Washington Nationals

elfenix

2 minutes ago, Blotto said:

best part about this is picturing Harper sitting at home with perfectly coiffed hair watching his old team wrecking shop in the series the first year he's gone. 

I can't like this enough.  He brought DC a championship... by leaving.

Edited by Mdhorn

Watching the Astros implode is a very minor consolation, but a consolation none the less I guess. Hopefully the Nats finish the job, would be cool to see a 1st time champion.

Lot of talk recently about how given the high number of tanking teams these days, winning 100 games isn’t some major barometer of true talent level like it used to be. The Twins won 103 and didn’t look like they belonged in the playoffs at all. The Yankees won over 100 despite major rotation flaws & piles of injuries, which both showed up in the postseason. Now the team with the best record in the sport is getting all they can handle from a wild card winner.

• Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Watching the Astros implode is a very minor consolation, but a consolation none the less I guess. Hopefully the Nats finish the job, would be cool to see a 1st time champion.

Lot of talk recently about how given the high number of tanking teams these days, winning 100 games isn’t some major barometer of true talent level like it used to be. The Twins won 103 and didn’t look like they belonged in the playoffs at all. The Yankees won over 100 despite major rotation flaws & piles of injuries, which both showed up in the postseason. Now the team with the best record in the sport is getting all they can handle from a wild card winner.

Nats are a wild card winner but since the later part of May, they have a one game better record than the Astros. They just got off to a terrible start and then turned it around. They didn't really piss and fart their way into the playoffs. But I don't think anyone expected this kind of performance. They kind of remind me of the 2014 Royals. That team barely won a wild card play in game against the A's. And the parlayed that into a World Series appearance and one game away from beating the Giants. Both teams are very fun to watch. 

• Like 1

Am I the only one old enough to remember the 1990 WS? Because I'm having flashbacks to that.  Bash Brothers defending champs A's, who looked unbeatable with the two best pitchers in MLB that season against a fairly non-descript Cincy team.  Reds blew them out in G1, beat Eck in extra innings in G2, and then swept them.  

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Lot of talk recently about how given the high number of tanking teams these days, winning 100 games isn’t some major barometer of true talent level like it used to be. The Twins won 103 and didn’t look like they belonged in the playoffs at all. The Yankees won over 100 despite major rotation flaws & piles of injuries, which both showed up in the postseason. Now the team with the best record in the sport is getting all 

This is standard postseason since they introduced the wild card. Not to mention, the Nats were stacked and a bit of a regular season underachiever.

9 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Am I the only one old enough to remember the 1990 WS? Because I'm having flashbacks to that.  Bash Brothers defending champs A's, who looked unbeatable with the two best pitchers in MLB that season against a fairly non-descript Cincy team.  Reds blew them out in G1, beat Eck in extra innings in G2, and then swept them.  

Raises hand. 

What was the Reds moniker,  The Nasty Boys? 

8 hours ago, pacman said:

This is standard postseason since they introduced the wild card. Not to mention, the Nats were stacked and a bit of a regular season underachiever.

Sometimes it has to do with matchups and the Nats dodged a bullet not having to play Atlanta. 

53 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Sometimes it has to do with matchups and the Nats dodged a bullet not having to play Atlanta. 

Gonna have to disagree a bit here.  Atlanta was not the same team.  The Nationals are just hitting on all cylinders.  Pretty sure they would have beat the Atlanta team that the Cardinals faced pretty easily.

35 minutes ago, You don't know me said:

Gonna have to disagree a bit here.  Atlanta was not the same team.  The Nationals are just hitting on all cylinders.  Pretty sure they would have beat the Atlanta team that the Cardinals faced pretty easily.

Maybe, even the Nats relief and closers are feeling it. 

Edited by Mdhorn

On 10/22/2019 at 1:28 PM, ChickenSandwich said:

EHevNAbWsAEUWcm.jpg

Someone asking a critical question of Osuna after giving up the lead, and the drunk Astro employee emphatically defends his player and says nothing wrong.

Are we really surprised the New York media misrepresented another story??  Of course she was able to make the situation about herself. 

#hertruth

your post did not age well