2019 World Series: Houston Astros vs. Washington Nationals

elfenix

17 minutes ago, kevwun said:

He's calling it consistently for both guys.  The ump is doing fine.

Exactly. I wish they would just get rid of the strike zone box all together and make it to where only umpires can view it after the game, so they can review their shit. All it does is piss you off if you have a rooting interest. Nobody would complain about that call if it wasn’t for the strike zone box. But part of me feels like manfred likes that “controversy”, if you even want to call it that.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Jake for Reddick with a lead is a bit different than the normal move.  Normally Jake would go in for Brantley after we get past Brantley's spot in the order.  I guess he could put Tucker in for Brantley late if he wanted.

Oops got on the wrong thread...heading back now.

Edited by WBT

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

3 hits 3 runs. Astros with 8 runners left on base tonight (right?). What a wild game 

Yep. Astros had several opportunities to bust this game wide open but didn't. They had 1st and 2nd and no outs after the 1-0 HR and then Chirinos fucking popped up on a bunt. 

I feel the Nats need a few more here. Not sure this lead will hold with how Houston is hitting tonight.

I’ve been reading since the rangers off season started back in July that they should go after rendon. 
Not sure why he’d choose Arlington but we do need a 3b, among other things. 

From Houston, went to Rice, and the Astros aren’t going to pay him. Chance to get back to Texas.